My brother and I have played the Pokemon TCG competitively for about 7 years now. In that time, we’ve competed at the highest level and done pretty well. Here is a quick list of my personal achievements in the game:
- World Championship Level: Top 16 in 2006, Invitation in 2008, Top 32 in 2010
- National Championship Level (US): Top 32 in 2008, 2nd Place in 2010, Top 32 in 2012
- Regional Championship Level: 3rd Place in 2006 (Southeast), 1st Place in 2008 (Southeast), Top 32 in 2012 (Georgia), Top 32 in 2012 (Pennsylvania), Top 16 in 2013 (Pennsylvania), Top 16 in 2014 (Virginia)
- State Championship Level: 2nd Place in 2010 (SC), 2nd Place in 2012 (NC), multiple top cut finishes
- City Championship Level: Multiple CC wins and top cut finishes
- NC Gym Challenge winner in 2006
Aside from Pokemon, I have a wonderful wife who supports me in all the things I do, a smart and beautiful little daughter who has never failed to make a person smile, and three cats. I like to paint abstract works. Soccer is a favorite sport of mine. I plan on writing a novel someday. My wife Paige tells me I’m a great chef. Play me in Halo sometime — I’ll beat you!
Professionally, I work at an organization in downtown Winston Salem called the iCan House. We help kids to adults who have social challenges, usually in the form of autism or Asperger’s Syndrome. I’m the Program Developer there, meaning I write the curriculum, facilitate groups, and aid in the development of new programs. I left a fairly cushy job at an insurance company to do this because it makes a difference.
I value determination and balance in life, and I think convenience to be a true enemy to mankind.