Yveltal-EX Variants // XY-on 2016

More testing done, I wonder if my deck was somehow clumped before the first deck testing, now, it seems like 7/20 runs, he deck doesn’t perform well. I will probably now be testing other variants of Yveltal ex and some other decks. Please if anyone sees how to make the deck fluent and work, post a list.

Does anyone have any information about the Yveltal/Regirock decks that got Top 8 at a couple of regionals in Brazil? @10foulz mentioned it in the thread “What/Who won Regionals? [2015-2016 edition] POST RESULTS ONLY.” Just curious, seems like a strange combo of cards. Also, I am not sure if they are talking about AOR Regirock or the Promo Regirock.

1 Like

This is just a fun build…
Yveltal/Vivillon Deck
Pokemon: 18
2 Yveltal XY
3 Yveltal Ex XY
1 Seismitoad Ex FFI
2 Shaymin Ex ROS
2 Zorua BTK
2 Zoroark BTK
2 Scatterbug XY
2 Spewpa XY
2 Vivillon BTK
Energy: 11
8 Darkness energy
3 Double Colorless Energy
Trainers: 31
3 Trainers’ Mail
4 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
4 Vs Seeker
2 Muscle Band
1 Super Rod
1 Float Stone
3 Forest of Giant Plants
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Professor Birch
1 Hex Maniac
1 Brigette
1 Lysandre
1 Cassius

1 Like

I will try to find out if possible. But my best guess is the Promo Regirock for Omega Barrier. It counters Manectric an can swing the Night March match-up.

1 Like

@10foulz
Let’s be real here: a splased Pokemon will never use 3 off color energy. Please.

1 Like

It would be really hard to power up…I can only see it as Regirock AOR so as to counter manectric. [F][C][C] for guaranteed KO compared to [F][F][F][C] for possible kO.

2 Likes

This is Latin American players who we are talking about. After living here for almost 4 months now, these people impress me one time after another. Good decks or not.

After you mentioned it. The regular AOR Regirock is not out of the question. I see it possible in the deck.

what would that change the energy line to?

I would run 4 DCE, 6 Dark, and 2 Fighting, as well as 2 Prof Letters

how many yveltal-EX are you running?

In the interest of IP rights, no premium lists from other sites may be redistributed here. Similarly, no lists from 6P UG may be redistributed in a public forum.

This is also a reminder that basic grammatical etiquette is requested on this forum. For example, textspeak (“u” “ur” etc.) is borderline disallowed, and the use of the shift key when appropriate is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

5 Likes

Extremely Sorry. 20202020

very sorry . . . 20202020

@OshaWaterBottle any tips to anyone building Yveltal/Smeargle decks?

I’m not @OshaWaterBottle, but I’ll answer this anyway.
James did NOT, and I repeat, NOT play a Smeargle deck. He played a teched-out Yveltal-Zoroark deck. He played 1 Smeargle, and simply to calibrate his Oblivion wings.

Second, you shouldn’t play his deck. It was teched for that particular meta, and that particular meta only. I would not recommend his deck unless you’re in a heavy Manectric/ Manectric Bats meta.

3rd, if you still insist, here’s the Regirock engine for Yveltal:

2 Regirock AOR
1 Smeargle
2 Enhanced hammer
2 Battle compressor
1 Prof. letter
2 Fighting

1 Like

Alright, thank you. I saw the posting in the cities thread, and I’ve been trying to make that deck work, and it isn’t cooperating nicely. Although, what purpose do the 2 Enhanced Hammer serve in trying to play Regirock AOR?

Flash energy. Sooo much flash energy.

1 Like

@Darksripe2, is flash energy a common card to play in a lightning type deck?

Define ‘lightning type deck’.