Yveltal-EX Variants // XY-on 2016

Hey guys, I am about to board a hype train for a couple of decks, and this happens to be one,

3 Yveltal EX
3 Yveltal XY
2 Gallade BTH
2 Shaymin EX ROS
4 Unown AOR

3 Professor Sycamore
2 Judge
2 Lysandre
2 Maxie’s Hidden Ball Trick
1 Hex Maniac

4 Trainer’s Mail
4 Ultra Ball
2 Acro Bike
4 VS Seeker
2 Muscle Band
2 Float Stone
4 Battle Compressor
1 Parallel City
1 Shadow Circle

8 Dark Energy
4 DCE

I LOVE this deck, it covers all the short comings of Yveltal from b4, and i continue to be amazed through testing. Please give advice, i cant think of any other stadium to replace the Shadow circle with tho, so yeah. have fun

1 Like

your acceleration can’t be THAT bad…

You don’t need this at all

You will never pull this off. It’s hard enough in expanded

You need three Shadow Circle. Mega Manectric is HUGE in standard

Here @jirachi123

1 Like

The problem with these videos is they never show the deck in action

That is funny because I played about 45-50 opening hands when going first today and about 39 of those games i got T1 Maxie onto Gallade, it is extremely viable and possible

3 Yveltal XY
3 Yveltal EX
3 Zorua BTH
3 Zoroark BTH
2 Zoroark BREAK
2 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Hoopa EX AOR
1 Seismitoad EX FFI

4 Professor Sycamore
2 Judge BTH
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
3 Muscle Band
3 Float Stone
2 Battle Compressor
2 Shadow Circle
3 Trainer’s Mail

8 Dark Energy
4 DCE

i would love to make room for hammers, but space is an issue, unless i cut some foxes out of the deck

so something like this

-1 Zorua
-1 Zoroark
-1 Float Stone
-1 Zoroark Break

+4 Crushing Hammer

or

+2 Crushing Hammer
+2 Enhanced Hammer

-1 maxies +1 Toad
The original list looks fine @jirachi123

I think the deck would be better more streamlined. Hammers IMO aren’t needed. You should ideally be hitting so hard anyway that hammers would be redundant.

ok, i just absolutely love using hammers tho

This is OmniPoke’s List, all credit is due to him.

He runs GALLADE. That thing can mow through Manectrics like nobody’s business.

hes more consistently going to hit a shadow circle than the gallade combo

1 Like

The Gallade combo is more helpful in other matchups too than Shadow Circle. Plus, you won’t even NEED Shadow Circle. They waste a turn not attacking Gallade, another Manectric goes down on your next turn.

what you fail to see is that manectric runs back up attackers, and depending on its bad match ups it will play cards that counter gallede, plus gallade is pointless in other patch ups for the most part because it doesn’t accelerate your deck or hurt the other deck in any way its just a back up attacker that requires the use of a supporter to do a solid amount of damage. i also feel that a lot of people will run special energy denial so you will lose your DCEs very quickly by putting them onto a gallade. Without dark patch yveltal- EX needs the accelartion of baby bird to keep up with the format, and honestly if as @bkeldeo has claimed to have hit the combo 39 out of 50 games thats just luck, without jirachi - EX and computer search hitting combos like that consistently is highly improbable, your best bet is to run shadow Circle and maybe a nineties line to deal with manectric plus the fact that it is also a great counter stadium and should help in the night march match up slightly was well

1 Like

You might have forgotten Gallade’s ability, Premonition.

i guess being able to stack your deck for an ability is pretty solid, but your opponent can disrupt your deck now with judge so i feel its a set too late

True, but Sensitive Blade is a solid attack anyways.

I don’t consider Archie/Maxie to be a reliable strategy to deal with anything in Standard. Too many of the things that made it viable in Blastoise are gone, along with a lot of the synergy.

1 Like

Well, now Seismitoad isn’t as good anymore in standard; it loses LaserBank and all other sorts of stuff.

1 Like