Yveltal-EX Variants // BLW-on 2016

In that deck, no; it isn’t needed. And in straight Yveltal, laser bank is much better. It boosts the damage output. Plus, Frank’s Regionals list ran an AZ just for that kind of issue.

I understand what you’re saying but I’m specifically questioning the decklist provided by nxn03jwnoeui1 a few posts above. Unless my eyes are deceiving me there is no laser bank included.

You are correct that there is no laser bank. But the list that @nxn03jwnoeui1 posted doesn’t need Skyfield either.

Why wouldn’t it benefit from it? No AZ, no super scoop up so Jirachi & Shaymin end up being 4 easy prizes. Skyfield would allow a quick setup, then the opponent can either play down a stadium allowing Shaymin & Jirachi to be discarded removing them from harms way or another counter stadium can be played on the next turn to remove them anyway.

Bench space is very tight with gallade/archeops, probably a jirachi, keldeo
yveltal darkrai etc. You just don’t really need it.

I think you made my argument for me. One assumes that Darkrai will always be in play for mobility, along with Keldeo to rush in. That’s before the Jirachi and Shaymin who are riding the pine with no way to get out of harms way aside from a sky return.

I can tell you haven’t played this deck much. This deck doesn’t need skyfield and shaymin and jirachi are more than was prizes. This deck is consistent without shaymin but it is in here for a little extra draw to keep up with faster decks like rayquaza and Vespiquen. Shaymin also helps with getting more damage on the field by helping you draw into lasers, dark patches, etc. Jirachi is crucial for the Maxies strategy. You can afford 4 prizes if it means winning the game. I also find that you don’t always need to bench those two to set up.
Skydield is unnecessary because you don’t need to bench nor than 5 Pokemon. You have 1-2 yveltals, possibly a baby, keldeo or darkrai, occasionally gallade or archeops and a Shaymin or jirachi sometimes. That’s 4-6 bench spaces but you usually don’t need to bench all of those anyways.

This is my list that I am planning to use for Expanded Cities. (In the UK)
I feel Gallade is not necessary as most Manectric players have added Flash Energies into their lists…
3 Yveltal EX
2 Darkrai EX
2 Yveltal XY
1 Seismitoad EX
1 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Jirachi EX
1 Keldeo EX
=11
4 Professor Juniper
1 N
1 Colress
1 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Ghetsis
3 Battle Compressor
4 Ultra Ball
4 Dark Patch
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Vs Seeker
4 Trainers’ Mail
3 Muscle Band
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Computer Search ACESPEC
=38
7 Dark
4 DCE
=11

I think we’re splitting hairs here. You and others are consistently referencing Lasers/LaserBank. If that’s your strategy great, don’t use skyfield. In the list posted above that I responded to there is no reason that it would not benefit from skyfield.

Hey, guys! Recently I’ve looked through the BREAKpoint set and I’ve become intrigued by the new Max Elixir card. It’s an item card that provides energy acceleration. I’ve been wondering whether it can replace Dark Patch in Standard format Yveltal lists. Here’s my list:
3 Yveltal EX
1 Seismitoad EX
2 Zorua BKT 89
2 Zoroark BKT
1 Zoroark BREAK
2 Yveltal XY
2 Shaymin EX
=13
4 Professor Sycamore
1 Judge
1 Professor Birch’s Observations
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac

4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
2 Muscle Band
1 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Bursting Balloon
2 Float Stone
4 Vs. Seeker
2 Battle Compressor
4 Trainers’ Mail
1 Escape Rope

2 Reverse Valley
=36
7 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
=11
Like it?

What is your answer to manectric? FFB? I think that any night march deck u face burst balloon must be at a 2. They do run Xerosic an megaphone and such. Red card might be good as long as u keep the toad.

Alterations:
-1 Lysandre
-1 Escape Rope
-2 Muscle Band

+1 Darkness Energy
+1 Bursting Balloon
+1 Darkrai EX BKP
+1 Fighting Fury Belt

I just thought this should be on this thread because of all the discussion on a different thread.
Pokémon: 13
2 Yveltal (Baby)
2 Yveltal EX
2 Darkrai EX
1 Seismitoad EX
1 Keldeo EX
2 Shaymin EX
1 Jirachi EX
1 Archeops
1 Gallade
1 Yveltal BKT
Trainer: 37
3 Professor Juniper
2 Maxie
1 N
1 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Dark Patch
3 Battle Compressor
3 Laser
3 Trainers’ Mail
2 Muscle Band
2 Float Stone
1 Computer Search
2 Virbank
Energy: 10
6 Darkness
4 DCE

I would drop a Shaymin EX for a Ghetsis, as that card is just busted. Only other things I would like to add are a 3rd Yveltal EX, a 7th Dark energy, and a 4th Trainer’s Mail, but space is an issue, so I guess this works just fine.

This has been working for me pretty darn well.
Very simplistic, consistent list, My changes to think about are -1 AZ, -1 Yveltal EX -1 DCE.

Seriously, this deck mostly runs on Baby Yveltal, it’s crazy good with Fighting Fury Belt.

9 Good starts, 2 Bad starts is how I see it. Hard to dead draw when most of your cards can advance your game state.

And just for fun, lets look at where all of the cards came from:
Black and White: 4
Noble Victories: 2
Next Destinies: 3
Dark Explorers: 9
Plasma Storm: 3
X and Y: 5
FlashFire: 1
Phantom Forces: 16
Roaring Skies: 2
Ancient Origins: 1
BreakPoint: 7

And I just totally realised no Ace Spec XD

I just noticed that some regionals Yveltal lists ran Silent Lab. Why would you run Silent Lab? It shuts off Darkrai, Keldeo, Yveltal BKT, Shaymin EX and Jirachi EX.

It also shuts off Wobbufett, so that Vespiquen is forced to use Hex Maniac to get around Archeops.

And energy evolution.

Also, it shuts off Shaymin so that you can just jirachi for Ghetsis and then silent lab. If they don’t have counter stadium + Shaymin then they scoop. That is what I heard from Brad Curcio.

This is my online only deck I’ve been working on.

Pokemon 13
1 Darkrai ex (dex)
1 Darkrai ex (brk point)
3 Yveltal ex
2 Yveltal xy
2-2 Garbodor
1 Seismitoad
1 Shaymin

Stadium 2
2 Virbank

Items 17
4 Utlra ball
4 dark patch
2 Muscle Band
2 Float stone
3 Vs seeker
4 Hypnotoxic laser

Supporters 12
4 Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Xerosic

Energy 10
4 DCE
6 Dark

Still seems clunky to me. I’ve thought about dropping the garbodor line and adding more toad and maybe something else like an electric attacker.