Yveltal-EX Variants // BCR-on

Here’s the list I’ve been using, its been putting up pretty good results, definitely has some weird tech cards:

Pokemon: 13
3 Yveltal EX
2 Seismitoad EX
2 Baby Yveltal
1 Jirachi EX
1 Darkrai EX
1 Charizard EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Dedenne
1 Spiritomb

Supporters: 15
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Lysandre
2 Pokemon Center Lady
2 Colress

Trainers: 20
4 Ultra Ball
4 Laser
3 Muscle Band
3 Energy Switch
2 Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Computer Search

2 Virbank City

Energy: 12
8 Dark
4 DCE

Explanations:
I Charizard EX, 1 Spiritomb
These 2 cards have been helping out a lot with the VirGen matchup. I really haven’t been liking Reshiram since it’s so easily played around.

1 Darkrai EX
Fighting hasn’t seen a huge presence, free retreat is too good to pass up on.

3 Lysandre, 2 Pokemon Center Lady
Lysandre is becoming too good to play 2 of anymore, especially with Seismitoad running rampid. Center Lady is one of my favorite cards in this deck, bumps the mirror in your favor and gets rid of those pesky lasers.

2 Switch/1 Escape Rope
Even if you do have free retreat with Darkrai, Garbodor exist and so does Lysandre, so these are good to have as backup.

One thing I love about this deck is how it can change to your local meta, got a lot of Pyroar, throw in a garb line and maybe a Toxicroak EX if it’s getting super bad. VirGen is easily countered with a combination of Spiritomb and Charizard/Reshiram. Dedenne hits Yveltals hard and Mewtwo can counter other Mewtwos/Lucario.

"Yveltal could be a difficult matchup because of the Fighting Resistance and the Yveltal XY, so the deck needed a solid answer. I felt that running two Zekrom was more consistent and took up less space than running a thin Raichu line. Zekrom seemed like a much better wall on paper because if your opponent attacked into Zekrom, you could one-shot Yveltal with Outrage and get ahead in the Prize exchange.

However, your opponent usually won’t put 90 damage onto Zekrom in practice because they want to try and play around Outrage. They will either knock out Donphan in one turn or play a Lysandre. It’s actually fairly difficult to knock Zekrom out with Y Cyclone as the Yveltal player because you need Muscle Band, Hypnotoxic Laser, and Virbank City Gym since your Stadium will likely be countered. The alternative is to stack Energy on Yveltal and knock out Zekrom with Evil Ball. The other play your opponent can make is to put a small amount of damage on Zekrom with normal Yveltal’s Oblivion Wing, while charging Yveltal-EX on the Bench.

I needed a way to punish my opponent for making these plays and found an answer in the form of Dedenne. Dedenne forces your opponent to make sub-optimal plays during the game, or gives you a huge swing in the Prize trade by drawing two Prizes off of an opposing Yveltal-EX. By Benching Dedenne, your opponent can never have three Energy attached to an active Yveltal-EX because Energy Short can knock it out with the help of Silver Bangle.

If your opponent plays a Lysandre on Dedenne, simply benching it forced your opponent to ignore your Donphan with Strong Energy and a Pokémon Tool attached. This allows you to use Wreck easier at the end of the game. If your opponent ignores Dedenne on the Bench, drawing Lysandre at any point in the game allows Dedenne to take two Prizes on a Benched Yveltal-EX after your opponent charges it with either Y Cyclone or Oblivion Wing." - Dylan Bryan

It’s like this writer was reading my mind…creepy. And no I didn’t know this article came out on the 8th, because I’m not an underground member, I just read this this morning. O.O

Now I’m going to add a Kyurem too, to combat Landorus and if VirGen comes back maybe even Reshiram.

Is this really necessary? Mainly referring to the Kyurem comment. Sure, countering Landorus is nice, but if your deck is already running DCE, I would much rather play a tech one Seismitoad. Since there both EX’s and Seismitoad gets the clutch trainer lock. Also, Reshiram is so easily countered by VirGen (Red Signal), that it usually turns out not being worth it.

I think the techs for Yveltal your using now are fine (I’m assuming it’s 1 Dedenne and 2 Zekrom) for big events where you foreshadow Yveltal to see a lot of play, but still expect to against other decks. (VirGen, mirror, etc.) But if you really expect Yveltal to be popular in your local meta, I would throw at least a 2-2 Raichu line in there. Since Raichu is, at least in my experience, much more reliable than the techs you use currently.

“I realized that while Outrage was a nice option to have with Zekrom against Yveltal-EX, any 130 HP Pokémon would serve almost the same purpose. Your opponent needs to knock out your 130 HP wall in one turn or you would pull ahead in the Prize trade because Donphan (Tyrantrum) is naturally strong at trading with Pokémon-EX. Your opponent also couldn’t do this by simply using Evil Ball, or they would be punished by Dedenne. For this reason I opted to drop one copy of Zekrom in favor of Kyurem. While Fighting-based decks were already a favorable matchup for Donphan (Tyrantrum), Kyurem gave the deck extra insurance against Landorus-EX.” -Dylan Bryan

I know Tyrantum can one shot Kyurem, but it is nice to have against an opposing Landorus EX.

I believe he is referring to this Kyurem:

Not the EX one.

(hence the reason I never put “EX” in the pokemon’s name…)

would absol PF be good in a deck like this?

100 damage for 2 energies when your opponent has 4 pokemon benched. might be good.

That’s the reason Absol was in almost all of the Yvelta builds last year. Of course its good.

Here’s the thing, Donphan and Tyrantrum play out completely differently. Donphan gives you the switching effects, which allows you to guestimate whether or not your Outrage Pokemon you switch into will be knocked out next turn, or will serve a counter. Tyrantrum on the other hand, is a big, bulky Pokemon that aims to OHKO most things or get heavy damage with it’s first attack.

If you switch into your outrage Pokemon as the Tyrantrum player, the opposing side could simply outplay you and KO the Outrager (Zekrom, Kyurem, Reshiram).

List I’m working on

Pokemon 13
1 Darkrai Ex
3 Yeveltal Ex
1 Yeveltal xy
2 Seismitoad ex
2-2 Garbodor
2 Dedenne

Items 18
2 Bicycle
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Muscle band
2 Float stone
4 Ultra ball
2 Switch
2 Energy Switch

Ace spec
1 Dousing machine

Supporters 14
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 colress
2 Skyla
2 Lysander

Stadium 2
2 Virbank City

Energy 12
4 DCE
2 Rainbow
6 Darkness

What is this, I would like an explanation.

Dedenne for mirror.
Skyla for hypnotoxic, tool or other general uses.
Rainbow to access Seismitoad’s second attack if needed. 130+20 for muscle band +30 for virbank poison 1hko all non-mega. Sometimes its as simple as that.

ATM my Poke line is:

3 Yveltal EX
2 Seismitoad EX
2 Reshiram LTR
2-2 Garb
2 Dedenne

That’s 13

Energy: 12

8 Dark
4 dce

Still finalising Trainers

@EpicHenry search this thread for an Yveltal/Seismtoad EX deck. See Above.

Pokemon
3 Yveltal EX
3 Manectric EX
2 M Manectric EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Darkrai EX
1 Seismatoad EX
Total Pokemon-10

Trainers
3 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
2 Lysandre
3 Ultra Ball
2 Battle Compressor
3 Enhanced Hammer
1 Switch
2 Startling Megaphone
1 Tool Retriever
3 Muscle Band
3 Manectric Spirt Link
3 Shadow Circle
1 Computer Search
Total Trainer-37

Energy
5 Lighting
6 Dark
3 DCE
Total Energy-13

You try to get enrgy into the discard then power up a M Manectric EX and attack to get knoukouts and attach to Yveltal or Mewtwo. Then attack with Yveltal or Mewtwo to get knockouts. Darkrai is for free retreat and Seismatoad is used to help slow down your opponent.

1 Like

You will need some non-ex attackers. I was testing a Klinklang/Bronzong list last night and steam rolled someone playing this deck. They didn’t have any non-ex attackers. Dedene is good, or maybe baby Yveltal. (Not so sure about the last one)

Maybe a Zekrom LTR since it runs of the lighting? Maybe -1 Manectric Spirt Link and +1 Zekrom LTR.

I would definitely feel more comfortable playing this deck with a Garbodor line. Would help immensely against metal decks.

Seems overkill for a deck that recycles lightning energy.

Maybe:
6 lightning
3 Dark
3 DCE
2 free spaces

13 energies seems too much…

It can recycle any basic energy to any Pokemon so there are tons of different options.

Pokemon
3 Yveltal EX
3 Manectric EX
2 M Manectric EX
2 Trubbish LTR
2 Garbordor LTR
1 Seismatoad EX
1 Mewtwo EX
Total Pokemon-14

Trainer
3 Juniper
3 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
2 Lysandre
3 Ultra Ball
1 Battle Compressor
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Switch
2 Starling Megaphone
3 Muscle Band
3 Float Stone
2 M Manectric Spirt Link
3 Shadow Circle
1 Computer Search
Total Trainers-34

Energy
5 Lighting
5 Dark
2 DCE
Total Energy-12

I’ve also made a list with Garbordor in it.

I would maby get rid of 1 startling megaphone &1 float stone, run 2-2 M Manectric +1 Baby Yveltal, -1 Enhanced hammer, +1 Shauna. I really don’t think N will have a huge impact if People are Playing Lysandre’s last trump you just N’ed yourself for nothing.