Yveltal-EX, Darkrai-EX, Garbodor LTR // NXD-on

eh… Okay I think i’ll drop Keldeo for another Lasagna @Reshiphlosion

I usually like a high Pokemon count 14-16 which allows you to speed setup, it’s all down to preference whether you would like an arsenal of pokemon as techs or support and trainers for added manipulation. Everyone has their own preference I suppose.

Very true @darkslayer preference is really what it comes down to.

On a side note, I think I’m going to finally switch my two catchers for Lysandre (also that misspell is fantastic @Serperior), at least for a little bit, see how they work out. Anyone have strong feelings one way or another on Lysandre? I would think taking up the supporter of the turn would diminish it’s use but my opponents never seem to suffer from it.

Personally I wouldn’t run more than 2 Lysandre in this deck. It does take up your supporter for the turn, but you can make up for that by using Bicycle or Roller Skates as an alternative to draw supporters for that turn.

I don’t know if personal preference is as much of a factor as we like to think. We like to think that we made the decisions in our decks, and that this is our list, that we made. When in reality, we changed 5-6 cards from a list we found online. In the age of the Internet where I can just hop online and get a list for about any deck I wanted, that isn’t personal preference. So often we just succumb to other players’ deckbuilding suggestions without actually playtesting and seeing if it works. We assume that they are right, and just make changes without really thinking. We may even be doing this without knowing. Say I want to make a Virizion/Genesect deck, and I have never made one before. However, I have seen plenty of lists online before I start building my deck. While I didn’t knowingly copy a deck card-for-card, if you compare the list I came up with and some of the lists I have seen, there will be big similarities in cards and card counts. If I would have made the deck without seeing any previous lists or without playing any games against the deck, my list is probably going to look different from other lists.

Well, I’ve been playing Yveltal Decks for awhile, I’m not saying that I’m an Elite Player or anything like that. I’m decent, but I when I test decks I do test them out, I use PokemonTCG online, you see plenty of 100% netdecked lists. Granted yeah, my list did start off as something similar but I just kept testing it until I had the deck the way I wanted it to run. I mean I can’t deny running a huge list of Pokemon could put you at a disadvantage considering your giving your opponent a pretty open-ended idea of your strategy at times. In reality what i’m referencing is a multi-deck, that runs a large ammount of pokemon. In exchange for less Support, So Basically at its core its a Regular Yveltal Garb Deck, Pikachu-Raichu’s added. It’s basically just a deck meant to have multiple strategies dependent on the situation.

I’m not suggesting anyone run this many pokemon in a primarily EX deck, I just run a deck that does, it was never meant to be used in a Large Contest.

I wasn’t calling you out on it… I was just having a little rant about something that was kind of brought up in the previous posts.

Right, I understand, its cool, I really believe if you want to to win consistency will always outlast brute force speed and damage. I agree with what your saying in many aspects, Strategy and Consistency is always a fallacy but after running decks and testing them against friends at league a speed deck will have an advantage in the start of the game but will bottom out near the end.

I know I’m digging up an old NXD-on thread, but I have a question for my Yveltal/Garbodor deck that I plan to play for a NXD-FUF tournament tomorrow. I was just wondering what you guys think of teching a 1-1 Raichu line into the deck for the mirror match. I don’t really expect enough Yveltal to justify running Yveltal/Raichu, but I think that there’s enough that I think this might be a worthwhile tech. Here’s what my list would look like:

3 Yveltal EX
2-2 Garbodor
1-1 Raichu
1 Darkrai EX
1 Jirachi EX
1 Keldeo EX

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Lysandre
1 Colress
3 Bicycle

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Muscle Band
3 Float Stone
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Switch/Level Ball
1 Dowsing Machine

2 Virbank City

7 Darkness
4 Double Colorless

If I don’t run Raichu, I’ll just use those slots for a Sableye and a Baby Yveltal or Absol.