Where is Worlds 2015 going to be held?

I don’t know where worlds is going to be next year and I am curious.

Nobody know’s where Worlds 2015 is going to be held.

The announcement at Worlds was that it’ll be announced “in the near future.”

1 Like

I heard that it might be in california next year, but i bet its just rumors

It is just rumors, for sure. Until there is an official announcement from the people that actually host the tournament, there is no way to know for sure where it will be located.

60cards.net announced it was in Hawaii on Facebook, but I’m pretty sure that’s not true.

I don’t think that 60cards has any representatives of official Pokemon, so I wouldn’t believe it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in fact in Hawaii again, though.

I would like to say something about the title to this thread:

Q: Where is Worlds 2015 going to be held at?

A: Behind the “at”

You can’t end a sentence with a preposition.

“Where will Worlds 2015 be held?” Is a better title with better grammar.

In answer to the topic though, I hope it will be on the east coast. Maybe New York. I would like it to be somewhere I could get to easily. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Like a lot of grammar ‘rules’, this isn’t as clear cut as most people think. It originates with a misguided attempt to make English follow the same rules as Latin.

In this case, the problem is that the ‘at’ is redundant. ‘Where is Worlds 2015 going to be held?’ is just fine on its own.

3 Likes

Is that better? Why 20 character rule(here to fill in the 20 characters.)

Just a rumor, but I talked to an official at worlds and he told me they were still looking for a location to hold it next year and he said they would consider Philadelphia after seeing Regionals there last year. Just what he said, not confirming anything.

The Worlds location is always treated with the utmost secrecy before it is revealed. Event staff aren’t told anything, though they are free to speculate like anyone else. My understanding is that the Japanese higher ups get to say yes or no to what TPCi proposes.

There are always rumours though, and like broken clocks, sometimes they are correct.

As baby_mario posted over the weekend: “The people who know aren’t talking and the people who are talking don’t know.”

A rarity occurred this weekend when it was confirmed that there was no set-in-stone plan at that time. Normal reality would’ve had us not even knowing that.

In this situation, there is circumstantial evidence that points to what may’ve occurred that resulted in there being no concrete plan at the time of closing ceremonies. Not going to contribute to hearsay by elaborating on those, however.

At it stands? Paris, San Diego, San Francisco, Denver, Toronto, London, Philadelphia, Kona, Honolulu, etc., have all been “rumored.” The odds that any of these rumors are true? Inherently low.

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant 2015.

The Pikachu plushie would be epic.

(ok, now every possibilty has been rumoured).

5 Likes

Countries and regions located in the Levant region. (Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Cyprus and Hatay)

Countries and regions sometimes included in the Levant region. (Sinai and Iraq)

Entire territory of countries whose regions are included in the Levant region. (Turkey and Egypt)

Just and FYI. I was curious.

1 Like

Don’t worry too much about when worlds 2015 is because it will be in the world championship decks you buy at the store when they come out or at least it has been for the last decade or so. There is always a booklet you get with it. It comes with pictures, information on the tcg winners, and at the end, there is a whole page dedicated to next year’s worlds.

1 Like

An Arab Pikachu. That would be epic. Home made baklava could be a prize for the winners :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:jk, but it would be cool

1 Like

Philadelphia would be cool! Great town for tourists. I recommend the Mutter Museum. An eclectic collection of human anatomical specimens that would be impossible to collect in today’s society.

Scybuck
Atlanta, GA

I’d certainly enjoy it. I’m an hour outside the city in the small suburbs around Valley Forge and being that close would be amazing.

I’m only 2-3 hours away from there. So it would be amazing for me too. I don’t mind driving many house. I drive down to florida and back twice a year (17 hours) so it’s alright. I would rather go by car than by plane. It’s more expensive that way