1 Scared Ash
1 G-Booster
Total Trainer-30

Energy
2 Fire
10 Grass
3 DCE
Total Energy-15

This is somewhat an updated VirGen list with Mewtwo. The strategy is to start with Virizion and emerald slash to attach energy. Genesct can counter Seismatoad and get knockouts with G-Booster. Mewtwo can counter Lucario EX and can get knockouts with X Ball. Dendenne can get knockouts against Yveltal and Lugia. Beartic can counter Landurus and Pyroar. Pyroar can counter VirGen and stall basic pokemon. Please comment with your thoughts and criticism. Thank You.

Okay, here’s my list:

4 Virizion EX
2-3 Genesect (choose)
2-3 Mewtwo (choose)
3 Trubbish
3 Garbodor
15 pkmn

4 sycamore
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Shadow Triad
2 Lysandre
15 supporters

4 ultra
3 float stone
3 Muscle band
2 Virbank
4 laser
1 G-Booster
17 trainers (non-supporter)

3 DCE
8 Grass
2 Plasma
13 E

Can some one support me with a very consistent virizion/genesect for the Bcr on format.

Wouldnt pyroar ruin the consistency?

Why garbodor? Wouldn’t it ruin the consistency

If you were running pyroar you would have to run atleast 1 prof. Letter to make sure that u get the fire if you need them

Yeah I might -1 silver Bangle and +1 Prof. Letter to boast consistency.

1-1 Pyroar line isn’t doing anything but ruining consistency.

3 Likes

In play testing consistency is great also pyroar is great against VirGen and to stall basics.

Not really. You sacrifice your verdant wind to have genesect be able to kill pyroars.

1-1 pyroar line isn’t worth it. Against any other deck its useless and will destroy your consistency as stated above.

I don’t understand how it destroys consistency also with the fire energy you can attach it to any of the other pokemon for their colorless cost if you have to.

But I mean even if u do that is VirGen actually good with pyroar in it

Does a 1-1 pyorar actually help against any other matchups? Not really. Is there a good chance one of those two will get prized when you need them? No, but it happens. I’m just saying it’s not really worth it and I think it’s too much of a risk. Yeah, you can run it but I spent time testing with my friend today and we concluded its not worth running as 6-10 times, litleo gets red signaled out to your active and KOed. (usually around turn 3-5)

1 Like

Pyroar in the mirror isnt worth it.
Beartic just KOs it.

Pokemon
3 Virizion EX
2 Genesect EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Cubchoo FRF
2 Beartic FRF
2 Dendenne FRF
Total Pokemon-13

Trainer
3 Prof. Junipifer
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Lysandre
3 Ultra Ball
2 Evosoda
2 Switch
2 Starling Megaphone
3 Muscle Band
3 Silver Bangle
1 Scared Ash
1 G-Booster
Total Trainer-30

Energy
12 Grass
3 DCE
2 Plasma
Total Energy-17

I updated my deck list I got rid of the Pyroar line and fire energy and added 2 Grass and 2 Plasma so Genesect can Red Signal.

-2 Dedenne
Vir/Gen’s primary strategy is getting a turn 2 Emerald Slash. Running a Call for Family type Pokemon undermines this. Unless Lugia EX or Yveltal EX is huge in your area, you don’t really need this guy for his second attack either.

-1 Sacred Ash
The reason Vir/Gen decks ran Super Rod in the past was for energy recovery. Unless you foresee the frequent need to recycle your Beartic line, Sacred Ash is unnecessary.

-3 Silver Bangle
Beartic OHKOs Landorus EX with a Muscle Band, and OHKOs Pyroar without one. If you were running it for Dedenne, you might want to reconsider why you would devote 5 spots to counter Plasma Lugia, and an already favorable and probably non-existent Yveltal matchup.

-2 Grass, -1 DCE
As an attempt to decrease your energy count a little bit. I’m also going to suggest adding energy switch below, which will alleviate the need of hitting DCE in order to attack with Beartic.

+1 Plasma Energy
I’d ideally like to fit 4 Plasma Energy into the deck, as Red Signal is just such a strong ability. Problem is, there are only so many turns where you will have the luxury of attaching a non-basic energy, and you’re running DCE as well.

+1 Professor’s Letter
I can’t tell you how many times I would have missed a turn 2 Emerald Slash had I not been able to Skyla for Professor’s Letter. I consider this a staple in the deck.

+2 Energy Switch
Mainly used to preserve energy that Virizion EX no longer needs. Allows you to keep G-Booster rolling, also gives you more outs to powering up a Beartic in 1 turn (besides DCE.)

+1 Genesect EX
May be unneeded considering all the alternate attackers you are running, but its the number I prefer.

+1 Switch
Will increase your odds of pulling off a T2 Emerald Slash, as well as preserve energy that would be used to retreat.

For the last spots you could add another Skyla, Colress, or Juniper. You could add a 4th Virizion EX (what I’d go with if you decide not to add another Genesect.) You could add Colress Machine, Plasma Ball, or Ultra Ball. Those would be my considerations.

Pokemon
3 Virizion EX
2 Genesect EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Cubchoo FFI
2 Beartic FFI
1 Dendenne FFI
1 Jirachi EX
Total Pokemon-13

Trainer
3 Prof. Junipifer
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Lysandre
3 Ultra Ball
1 Prof. Letter
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Energy Switch
2 Switch
2 Starling Megaphone
4 Muscle Band
1 Scared Ash
1 Dowsing Machine
Total Trainer-31

Energy
11 Grass
2 DCE
3 Plasma
Total Energy-16

I updated my deck list again. I got rid of -1 Dendenne, -1 Grass, -1 DCE, -2 Evosoda, -3 Silver Bangle. I added 1 Jirachci EX, 1 Plasma, 1 Letter, 2 Energy Switch, 2 Energy Retrieval and 1 Muscle Band. Thank you everyone for your suggestions also is herbal energy worth it to add in?

This is my current build

4 Virizion-EX
3 Genesect-EX
2 Mewtwo-EX
2 Cubchoo FFI
2 Beartic FFI

4 Prof. Junipifer
4 Skyla
3 Lysandre
3 N
2 Colress

3 Ultra Ball
1 Prof. Letter
2 Energy Switch
3 Switch
2 Starling Megaphone
3 Muscle Band
1 G Booster
1 Colress Machine
1 Energy Retreival

9 Grass Energy
4 Plasma Energy
1 DCE

Can anyone recommend any suggestions?
I would love to be able to fit in LaserBank, Is it a good idea? if so what could i take out for those 6 cards?

The list looks pretty good. 3 Lysandre may be excessive considering you also have Red Signal. If you want to add Laser Bank the Beartic line and a couple Lysandre could be removed.

As is I might cut a Muscle Band for an Energy Switch.