Vespiquen Variants // PRC-on

Just wanted to create a discussion for Vespiquen because I didn’t see anybody mention it competitively at all for the New Standard Format. So here is the variant that I’m favoring right now.

Pokemon: 21
3 Yanmega BREAK
4 Yanmega
4 Yanma
4 Vespiquen
4 Combee
2 Shaymin EX
Trainers: 35
4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Judge
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Teammates
1 Lysandre
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Trainers Mail
4 Bursting Balloon
1 Revitalizer
1 Special Charge
1 Eco Arm
4 Forest of Giant Plants
Energy: 4
4 DCE

The reason why I don’t run Unown like every other Vespiquen Deck ever is because Trainers Mail in my opinion is better in more situations than Unown is. And the rest of the deck explains itself. Attack with Yanmega while your opponent takes knockouts on the Yanmega and then you late game attack with Vespiquen. The Balloons are there’d for the extra damage.

Why not run Vespiquen with Unown and Klefki?

2 Likes

I can see the Klefki being used, but I already explained why I don’t run Unown.

You did, but you will not be able to produce high enough numbers to stay faster than the format. You end up trading 1 to 1.

1 Like

I’ve been testing this deck for like 2 weeks now and I hit the numbers I need very easily. I’m not saying this deck is overpowered and will destroy everything, because Garb hurts this deck. I’m playing it to play it.

You say you don’t play Unown because Trainers’ Mail is better, but why not play both?

1 Like

I think for a deck without battle compressor, you either need to dedicate it to getting Pokemon in the discard for Vespiquen, (ex: unown and klefki), or you need to at least make the Vespiquen line less thick and add other attackers. If you’re still not sold on unown, klefki is stil good because it provides support for Vespiquen and is a good tech for mega matchups, which Vespiquen decks usually struggle against.

2 Likes

I think you cut 1 n for psychics third eye. Yes I am serious.Test it before calling me a chef :wink:

1 Like