4 Level Ball
4 Battle Compressor
1 Switch
1 Computer Search
1 Super Rod

Energy: (7)
4 DCE
3 Fire

Things I would like to add Teammates, maybe more Ditto use them with Unown to discard more pokemon any input appreciated.

Vespiquen AOR 10 Variants // XY-on 2016

You would be better off using Flareon over Vespiquen in expanded.

Why free retreat and can get with level ball?

Having access to Deoxys EX can make a huge difference believe it or not.

So can free retreat.

To be honest, dces are so valuable that it really hurts to have one discarded just to retreat. Also, I really haven’t seen many lists with Deoxys, and the extra +10 or +20 doesn’t really matter, because it would be doing the same thing in the discard. Deoxys is also a liability on the bench, if you play it down.

I have one of the Vengeance Flareon’s in my list (just as a supplemental attacker more than anything) and it works well. I also found Blacksmith to be useful in this deck because of the AOR Flareon’s ability, really just helps charging Vespi against Metal decks.

Which Eevees and which Flareons?
-2 Level Ball, +2 Ultra Ball

My biggest issue has been what to cut or what to add. Wondering if I should cut to one Flareons and Jolteon also.

No. You rely on Pokemon, also Flareon and especially Jolteon are important.

Why I would love to add more Dittos with room.

I think you need some type of hard counter for Shiftry like Baltoy. Of course, that’s contingent on you either drawing it off the first seven or going first and being able to find it via Ultra Ball or some other means. You could drop 2-3 Unown for that many Baltoy. I don’t know if anyone has tested 3 versus 4 to see if it has any significant impact.

Why would I play this over Vespiqueen?

1. Flareon has a two retreat cost, Vespiquieen has a 0.
  2. Vespiqueen can be searched by level ball.
  3. Vespiqueen actually has a relevant 2nd attack.
  4. Vespiqueen can hit for more type weaknesses.

Against Shiftry I will let the dice roll decide, if I go first I will fill my bench with Unowns, Combees and Eevees and the Shiftry player will have a hard time to Giant Fan them away. If I go second I will just take my loss. I find this matchup kinda silly and I refuse to tech against it, maybe I will tech some Baltoys if it get too out of control, and everybody starts playing Shiftry, but as is right now I do not have the deck space for them

As for the Vespiquen reply, you will not play Flareon over Vespiquen, you play it alongside her, both share the same attack and complement each other, so it’s more than natural playing both in the same deck. And now that grass Pokémons received a lot of new boosts with the arrival of the new set, the grass type will see a lot more gameplay this coming season, so even better for fire pokes like Flareon.

Vespiquen AOR 10 Variants // XY-on 2016

I like pairing plasma flare on with vespiquen. The one supporter that may be worth adding is one hex maniac, just in case you get some early type of trev or vile plume lock and can get access to your items, though I guess empoleon will help with discarding Pokemon from your hand.

Some Baltoy could be nice in here. Ultra Ball fodder against every deck against Shiftry, and with so many other pokemon in the deck, the odds of starting with it are less than not starting with it.

Flareon has access to cards such as Deoxys EX who can be really clutch for that 10 extra damage.

This deck has a lot of potential in the new expanded metagame specially with the inclusion of Vespiquen, Unown and the new eeveelutions (more specifically Jolteon) in the mix. We drop the Leafeon and add 4-4 Vespiquen line for type coverage. If you ask me how the list of this deck would look like to me, it would look like something like this:

4 Combee
4 Vespiquen
4 Eevee
4 Flareon PLF
4 Unown
2 Audino
2 Ditto
2 Empoleon
2 Exeggcute
2 Jolteon AOR
1 Jirachi EX

4 DCE
3 Water Energy

4 Professor Juniper
4 Battle Compressor
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
3 Silver Bangle
1 Archie’s Ace in the Hole
1 Computer Search
1 Lysandre

As you can see this deck attacks the principal weaknesses in the metagame right now (grass, water, fire, electric), fightning being the only exception. What do you guys think?

Edit: Added 1 Lysandre to the deck

We’re going to condense Flareon and Vespiquen into this one thread. They’re the same deck essentially.

I would add at least one Hex Maniac IMO I think with stuff like Vileplume Wobo around.