Venusaur-EX Variants // BCR-on

I haven’t seen much discussion about this, as venesaur is a bit underwhelming, but this deck has been giving me some success.

Most games I was playing against a charizard ex/pyroar deck, and I won over 50% of my games against what could be called the worst matchup.

Here is the list I’ve been toying with:

3x Venesaur Ex
2x M-Venesaur EX
1x Mewtwo EX
1x Shaymin EX
2x Garbordor
2x Trubbish
1x Jirachi EX
3x Virizion EX
Pokemon: 15

3x Hypnotoxic Laser
3x Virbank City Gym
4x Professor Juniper
1x Professor’s Letter
3x Energy Switch
1x Tool Scrapper
1x Startling M phone
3x N
2x Heavy Ball
3x Ultra Ball
2x Skyla
3x Float Stone
2x Switch
1x Scramble Switch
Trainers: 32

10x Grass Energy
3x DCE

Admittedly, my first game when I held that mega in hand, all I could think about was how bad it was. Then two turns later Mega Venesaur was doing serious work and I had the game secured. I have been extremely impressed with the performance of this deck.

Megas are definitely a risk, but once Mega Venesaur is out he is quite a beast.

I find it easy to either turn 2 Emerald Slash or turn 2 Poison Powder almost every game. The best part about this deck is you hit just the right numbers so that the opposing pokemon is knocked out going into your turn with Crisis Vine.

Has anyone else tested this? Thoughts? Suggestions?

If I have overlooked a thread about this, please direct me.

Heavy Ball and tool scrapper aren’t in the format anymore. I would replace the tool scrapper with another megaphone and heavy ball a mewtwo and a N.

just wondering if youre gonna play megaphone then why jiraci and garboder. garboder totally cancels out jirachi

You would be using Jirachi before you get out Garb.

Ah, I hadn’t kept up totally with the rotation. I dropped the heavy balls and tool scrapper for a megaphone, N and Hypnotoxic Laser.

Gonna have to give these a try. The lasers help stall while I set up, but I kind of want to run Bicycle or Roller Skates for some extra draw, as the heavy balls were great for ensuring I can set up.

I’m going to revive this seeing as how the release of Silent Lab (and arguably Teammates) helps Mega Venusaur by a ton. The deck I’m using right now is this:

Pokemon - 19

• 3-2 M-Venusaur-Ex
  • 3-3 Floette (Flower Veil)
  • 2-1-2 Dusknoir (BCR)
  • 2 Shaymin-Ex
  • 1 Jirachi-Ex

Supporter - 16

• 4 N
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Professor’s Birch Observation
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Lysandre’s Trump Card
  • 1 Pokemon Center Lady

Items - 11

• 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Rare Candy
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 1 Professor’s Letter
  • 1 Startling Megaphone

Pokemon Tools - 2

• 2 Hard Charm

Stadium - 3

• 2 Silent Lab
  • 1 Training Stadium

Energy - 10

• 10 Grass Energy

Using Shaymin as a secondary/backup attacker and energy accelerator, Dusknoir to benefit as much as possible from the paralysis lock and Floette to help both Venusaur and Shaymin survive for as long as possible.

What Silent Lab adds to this is that it disables quite a few abilities that would otherwise break paralysis, namely Verdant Wind and Rush In, while not disrupting Sinister Hand or Flower Veil from taking effect.

It’s still slow, though, with Mega Venusaur-Ex being able to attack by the 4th turn at earliest. However, with both Teammates and Shaymin’s attack, any losses taken while charging up Venusaur tend to work in this deck’s favor.

3 Likes

Dusknoir has a 3 retreat cost. Only one switch?

Point taken.

I’m trying to figure out a way to fit in more. I’m currently testing swapping out my Hard Charms for a Float Stone and a Switch, but that did not work out too well, since those are important for slowing down attackers.

Right now, I’m thinking of instead cutting out one Energy for one Switch, but I can only test it once my exams are over.

1 Like

What do you guys think about using Robo Substitute as a type of Venusaur Spirit link? It may also help slow down the opponent while we set up our M Venusaur.

Why not use any herbal energy?

I did use it at one point. Started out with 4, then reduced it to 2 because it isn’t searchable with Synthesis or Professor’s Letter. Then Enhanced Hammers started to become really, really popular, and I found that the heal effect is not used as often, and rarely mattered when I did use it, so I cut it out entirely.

Does anyone have a M Venusaur EX deck with the new Shaymin EX (ROS)? Of course this deck will just be a stepping stone to the M Venusaur EX/Vileplume/Giant Plant Forest deck after Ancient Origins is released, but I still want to get some practice time in it’s infancy.

As I am heading to worlds I have recently thout about a deck to play. As I usually enjoy playing meta break decks and I recently thought about wobbuffet phf Mega Venusaur. I am still considering decks to play but I think I will play Mega Venusaur due to its auto win on sailors and strong Groudon matchup here is my list.

3 Venusaur EX xy
3M Venusaur xy
2wobbuffet phf
2flabebe flf
2floette flf
1 sigilyph dex

4 herbal energy fuf
7grass energy xy

4N dex
3Shauna phf
4vs seeker phf
1colress plf
2 team flare grunt xy
2 crushing hammer kss
4robo substitute phf
1escape rope pcl
1 switch kss
1 scramble switch ace spec
2lysandre flf
3ultraball rsk
2 Pokémon centre lady flf
1evosoda xy
2silent lab pcl
3 hard charm xy

Sorry rakiss557 but Lysander’s trump card is banned

Huh. This seems like a really good idea! I will definitely put tho in my worlds testing! Hadn’t thought about this before!

Also, that post was in february

2 Likes

In testing I have realised that the deck always loses to bats

It has the same matchup to bats as Primal Groudon.

Plus you can always add in a line of Dragonite.

Dusknoir is a better partner for M Saur than Floette, honestly. You already survive anything that hits for 240 with a Hard Charm.

2 Likes

That right there is the only reason I was considering this deck for worlds.

I’m planning to test the deck out myself. You know, instead of Herbals and Pokemon Center Ladies, what do you think of DCE + Max Milk Miltank?