Uncategorized | Non-Meta // XY-on 2016

Are there really no shuffle/draw Pokemon that attack for [C]?

@tototavros - Yanmega PHF.

Would something like M Manectric / Psychic attackers go here?

Tropius from one of the Plasma Sets, I’m not sure which one tho

This is XY on, although I admit I failed to address that too.

Oh I didn’t realize it was XY on but yeah I just thought of it so yeah…

That shuffle/draws for [G], not [C].

Again, [G], not [C].

I guess it would…although isn’t there a MManectric-EX thread? It wouldn’t make sense for there to be one for MManectric-EX/Hoopa-EX, MMan/Landorus-EX, MMan/Genesect-EX, MMan/Trubbish/Garbodor, AND MMan/Bats.

Oh u didnt know that nevermind

Please, once I had a hand of about 30 cards, and I won because the other guy decked out.

As long as the opponent doesn’t play Red Card and/or Ace Trainer (or Judge once it’s released), this deck can be really strong. And even if the opponent does play the aforementioned cards, I’ve had little to no difficulty getting my hand back.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on a fairy deck for a while now but now that my league is starting back up, I need something a bit better. I was thinking about running Wigglytuff XY89/Ariados/Dragalge as a lock deck. I was thinking that I would have to play Slurpuff XY to not poison myself but if a 2-2 Aromatisse and 4 Fairy Garden would be enough, that would be nice. Now that I’ve said what I want, here is what I have currently:

Pokemon: 19
4 Xerneas XY
2-2 Wigglytuff(hocus pinkus)
2-2 Aromatisse XY
1 Regirock promo
1 Kangaskhan PLB
1 Lugia EX ANO
1 Malamar EX PHF
3 Carbink FLF

T/S/I: 31
4 Sycamore
4 Shauna
2 Pokemon fan club
2 Lysandre
2 Steven
1 Ace Trainer

4 Evosoda
3 Ultra Ball
2 Lv ball
1 Energy Retrieval
2 Energy Recycler

4 Fairy Garden

Energy:
10 Fairy

I also just pulled my 3rd Lugia EX, so if that would be better, I could go that route, although I know there is a Pyroar deck that I will play against quite often.
I don’t really have the money to buy whatever right now, trying to work with what I own. I have 3 VS Seeker, 1 Shaymin EX, and 1 Max potion to start with.

I apologize for any mistakes as it’s very late when I’m typing this :wink:

What is the purpose of Wigglytuff? Wouldn’t Klefki be better? Why Kangaskhan PLB? If you REALLY need a “Call for Family” attack, might it be better to go for Emolga LTR? Even still, you should be fine w/ 2 Fan Club, 4 Ultra Ball and 2 Level Ball, as you want to Geomancy T1. Also Evosoda, 2 Energy Recycler, and 1 Energy Retrieval aren’t really necessary…you’ll draw into enough Pokemon.

Wigglytuff’s Hocus Pinkus attack makes the opponent’s active Pokemon not able to attack and Ariados + Dragalge makes sure they can’t retreat into a Pokemon that can attack. As far as Kangaskhan and Emolga go, they’re both cycled, I put it in my original list by accident so it was essentially a free spot.

Ok, so if your goal is to get a Hocus Pinkus ASAP, you have to think about what you need in order to achieve that.

In this case, you need a Stage 1, [Y], and a DCE. That’s it. All of that supporting stuff is just window dressing . Now in order to make that lock work, you need an Ariados and a Dragalge. You also need to mitigate the Poison damage, so either Slurpuff or Aromatisse work. I personally would prefer Slurpuff, just because its a lot easier to set up than an Aromatisse + Lots of energy + AZ/Cassius (Max Potion rotated).

If I were to just guess at a good starting decklist, I’d go for something along the lines of

Pokemon:
4-4 Wigglytuff XY89
3-2 Ariados AOS
3-2 Dragalge FLF
2-2 Slurpuff XY
2 Shaymin-EX (I know you said you only have 1, but you really need to try to get another 1 or 2)
Total: 24

Trainers:
4 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
2 Evosoda
3 VS Seeker
2 Switch
1 Sacred Ash
Total: 16

Supporters:
4 Sycamore
3 Birch/Shauna
1 Lysandre
Total: 8

Energy:
8 Fairy
4 DCE
Total: 12

This deck has a somewhat same strategy as Donphan/Hawlucha/Robo Sub, but with a different card, called Mienshao. Mienshao does 40, and returns it to ur hand, allowing a Robo Sub to be in the active. Here is my current list.

Pokemon
Mienshao x4
Mienfoo x4
Flareon x2
Jolteon x2
Vaporeon x1
Eevee x3
Hawlucha x2
=18

Supporters
Shauna x4
Professor Birch x3
Korrina x3
Lysandre x2
=12

Items/Stadiums
VS Seeker x4
Level Ball x4
Robo Substitute x3
Muscle Band x3
Focus Sash x2
Trainer’s Mail x2
Sacred Ash x1
Fighting Stadium x3
=22

Energy
Strong Energy x4
Fighting Energy x4
=8

Wouldn’t a Wally be useful if for some reason you aren’t able to stream Mienshaos?

Ok, I tried the list on PTCGO and I liked how it ran except that I ran out of energy, so I’d like to run energy retrieval or energy returner. So until I get my hands on the Slurpuff and Shaymin, here’s what the list looks like.

Pokémon: 21
1 Shaymin EX
4-4 Wigglytuff
2-2 Aromatisse
2-2 Ariados
2-2 Dragalge

Trainers: 14
1 Energy Recycler
1 Sacred Ash
2 Evosoda
4 Lv Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 VS Seeker

Supporters: 9
1 Lysandre
4 Sycamore
3 Shauna
1 Teammates

Stadiums: 4
3 Fairy Garden

Energy: 12
4 DCE
8 Fairy

I just put in my order for 2 Slurpuff, btw. Until the price of Shaymin comes down, it’ll have to wait.

1 Like

That’s probably not going to happen anytime soon, unless they tin Shaymin. Better buy it now before the price goes up even higher (which it probably won’t, but still).

4 Likes

I still have hopes of one day pulling my own(I traded for my first), my local card shop still has about a half a box left of ROS left in stock. Just buying 1 pack a week (except for last week when I bought 4 of the new Kalos starter blisters and pulled 3 EXs out of the 8 packs :stuck_out_tongue:) I’ll get through what’s left in due time, assuming no one else buys them, but I’ve noticed they don’t seem to be disappearing too quickly.

What are the Kalos Starter Blisters?

They are $9.99 two booster pack - packs with Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja XY galaxy holofoil reprints, each come with Ancient Origins and Roaring Skies packs. I’ve only seen them at Target, so they may be one of those exclusive things

EDIT: On topic- I made a fun Drapion FUF/Ariados deck, too bad it’s 10x worse than Machamp/Ariados since it relies on the opponent to not be grass type

I’d highly recommend against buying the blisters individually (unless you’re paying under $3 for them) unless you weigh (not condoning it), it’s just not worth it. It’s nice when you start out to get some nice Trainers, but it really is a crapshoot…although you may pull 3 EXs from 8 packs, that could be Shaymin-EX, Rayquaza-EX [C] and MRayquaza-EX [C], or it could be Gallade-EX, Thundurus-EX, and Latios-EX (in which case you’d be barely paying for the pack with the EX).

1 Like