Toxicroak-EX // NXD-on

I have been trying to come up with a competitive toxicroak ex deck list. Here’s what I got so far-

4 toxicroak ex
2 skrelp or trubbish
2 dragalge or garbodor
2 mewtwo ex
2 Latios or latias ex depending on use of garbodor

3 N
3 juniper
4 skyla
1 shauna
1 colress
3 lysandre
3 virbank
4 HTL
4 ultra ball
3 mega phone
4 muscle band
2 enhanced hammer

3 DC
3 prism
7 psychic

Let me know what you would do to make this deck list a winner

Thanks
Mike

Latios isn’t good against anything. I can understand the use of Latias EX as a wall while you try and let the Poison take KOs. It’s probably worth playing Sigilyph for similar reasons.

4 Muscle Band is unnecessary, seeing as it doesn’t work with Triple Poison and Toxi’s second attack is awful. Don’t need HTL either.

I would probably go for a more Item-based draw Engine with Bicycle and Roller Skates which would allow you to draw while still playing Lysandre. In fact I might even play Fire Energy/Fiery Torch/Blacksmith and use Reshiram as a Genesect counter.

Off the top of my head . . .

3 Toxi EX
2-2 Dragalge
1 Latias EX
1 Sigilyph
2 Reshiram
= 11

3 Juniper
3 N
3 Lysandre
3 Blacksmith
4 Fiery Torch
3 Roller Skates
3 Bicycle
4 Ultra Ball
3 Megaphone
1 Professor’s Letter
3 Float Stone
3 Virbank
1 Dowsing
=37

4 DCE
8 Fire
=12

I guess in a perfect world I was looking for a 3rd turn KO with smash uppercut after the poison has set in… Do you think that approach is too optimistic? I completely forgot about adding computer search to my list but with that and skyla I was hoping to get a virbank in play turn 1. I can understand taking out the HTL’s, it does seem a bit over kill but having no psychic energy at all kind of seems like bummer. On the other hand I do see vir/gen a lot in the current format and I would love the OHKO on genesect!

Part of the reason Smash Uppercut is so bad is that, assuming you use DCE for fast Triple Poison, you then need another two turns of attachment. If the cost was [P][C][C] it would be usable.

With Reshi, you have a Genesect counter and can play Dragalge over Garbodor.

I made a few changes I think that’ll help make this be more versatile to more decks

3 Toxi EX
2-2 Dragalge
1 Latias EX
1 Sigilyph
2 Reshiram
1 Mewtwo EX
= 12

3 Juniper
3 N
3 Lysandre
2 Blacksmith
3 Fiery Torch
2 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Roller Skates
3 Bicycle
4 Ultra Ball
3 Megaphone
1 Professor’s Letter
3 Float Stone
2 Virbank
1 Dowsing
=36

4 DCE
7 Fire
1 Psy
=12

Here’s why:

You need a secondary attacker that can deal damage quickly when you need to throw down some damage or finish off something when Reshiram isn’t damaged or viable and I feel Mewtwo EX fills in this gap. I threw in two laser for when you need a quick poison and you’re in a pickle or are desperate for an extra turn (If you flips heads for sleep anyway). Plus, sometimes you may get Dragalge stuck in the active when you need to poison. I was tempted to throw in a Palkia EX or Accelgor with the option of even replacing Toxi EX entirely and use Hypnotoxic Laser and Shadow Triad to promote a sort of poison lock. I also thought a switch or two might be helpful but I merely didn’t find any room for it. Either hammer variant would also be an extra tech for combatting Verdant Wind which is pretty common with both Genesect and Fairy decks. The one psy energy will allow you to use Latias or Mewtwo more. Sableye would be nice in this deck but it takes up a necessary turn to Junk Hunt which the deck can’t really spare, so Dowsing will have to do.

Wow you guys are really awesome!! Thanks for the tips! Today I had a league challenge and pyroar seemed to be a topic of discussion. I have decided to maybe change it up a bit with adding him into the mix. What do you think about this poke line up

2 toxi ex
2-2 dragalge
3-3 pyroar
1 reshiram

Do you think that’s too many pokemon?

Pyroar is great and all but if anything id say run a smaller line as long as it still works with the flow of the deck. Having pyroar take up 6 spots used for other cards seems a little much.

This is my new list tell me what you think

4 toxicroak ex
2-2 dragalge
3-3 pyroar

3 N
3 juniper
3 skyla
3 lysandre
4 blacksmith
3 fiery torch
2 virbank
3 ultra ball
3 megaphone
3 muscle band
2 evo soda
2 float stone
1 computer search

4 DCE
7 fire

Here are the following changes I would make:

+1 Fiery Torch
-1 Blacksmith
-1 Lysandre
-1 Megaphone
+1 Virbank City Gym
-1 Skyla
+1 Ultra Ball
-2 Evolution Soda
+1 N/Shauna
-1 Muscle Band
+2 Druddigon (FLF)
+1 Attacker (Mewtwo Ex/Jirachi Ex/Fire Attacker?)

Hope I helped LUCIDOM

Do you mean keep the pokemon line the same and add 3 more pokemon? Or should I take out somthing?

Lol oh I’m sorry it just took me a sec to do the math

Okay so I have been tossing and turning in my sleep due to my indecisive personality. I’m on the fence, on one side I love the idea of black smith and fiery torch for acceleration but on the other I’m just not completely sold on pyroar. I have decided to drop pyroar and dragalge. #1 reason being it is to slow to set up and against virgen I’m spinning my wheels. I have decided to go with a toxicroak EX/ garbodor line

3 toxicroak ex
2 mewtwo ex
2-2 garbodor

On that note I would like to know what the general opinion would be on this new list

3 toxicroak EX
2 mewtwo EX
2-2 garbodor LTR
2 reshiram LTR

3 N
3 shauna
2 sycamore
2 skyla
3 blacksmith
2 lysandre
3 fiery torch
3 ultra ball
2 enhanced hammer
2 megaphone
2 hard charm
2 float stone
2 muscle band
4 HTL
2 virbank
1 computer search

7 fire
4 DCE

I feel that this would be a good strategy to keep the reshiram benched and use the fiery torch and black smith to accelerate while inflicting poison just using DCE, Mewtwo will be there to finish the job I feel that this deck will put my opponent on the defense trying to keep up with rather than the opposite. Please let me know what changes you would make. Thanks

Theoretically, if you are poisoning with Toxicroak you don’t need 4 HTL
-1 HTL (maybe even 2)
+1 Virbank (just in case, because it is important)

on another note, Garbodor is always a good choice :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with 3-3 line on the laser/vbcg. I recently just made this change from a 3-2 line and it made a significant difference in the stadium wars. Also, using Garbador myself, I find having a 2-2 of something (raichu) valuable in match ups against pyroar decks. Maybe drop a hard charm and a megaphone.

I agree with the others feedback as well, @baby_mario and @Dogsleep have some great tips. I haven’t been able to make Pyroar work all that well myself and don’t have much trouble beating him. I find him to be one I like to snipe.

My son has also created a deck similar to @Dogsleep and runs pretty smooth.

I say no more than 2 virbank because there is about a 50% chance that you’re opponent is either
A. Use it for their HTL
Or
B. Not counter it as the only other hot stadiums are fairy garden (very painful for your deck), shadow circle (not a problem and opponent will run 2 max), beach (helpful as this deck is slow and needs item based draw power to move at all), and the occasional frozen city (shouldn’t be too big of a problem).

Also, no skyla. It is providing no draw power and makes this deck painfully slow if you don’t have tbeach (can’t blame you if you don’t). You need a supporter every turn that is either getting you a prize or getting you new cards to work with.