Not sure if u lknow, but all of those games were 2 out of three games.
Then you got insanely lucky or faced bad people. That shouldn’t normally happen.
Wait 4got, technically went 3-1-1, because one time it was against Night March, and Vespiquen.
- Night March
- Greninja BREAK
- M-Man / Ho-Oh (Very good matchups against top 3)
- YZG / Yveltal Variants
- Anything with bats
Then why isn’t it higher up?
- Night March
- Yveltal Variants (I’m super surprised I’ve only seen this on a few lists and it’s placed really low on those. This is one of the most consistent decks in the format, and one of the few that can go toe-to-toe with night March and still keep 50-50s everywhere else)
- Greninja/Swampert (Rare Candy Greninja)
- M Manectric/Ho-oh/Jolteon (has workable matchups, but it definitely doesn’t have a positive Night March matchup; its 50-50 at best.)
- M Rayquaza/Jolteon (once again, this deck doesn’t have a great night matchup but 2 Jolteon makes it slightly workable).
- Greninja (Wally) (down at 7 due to being too slow to deal with night March. The better Trevenant matchup is strong though.)
- Seismitoad/Giratina (strong night March matchup but overall a bad deck that doesn’t really beat the meta
- Speed Giratina (slowly gaining traction within standard for its favorable night March matchup. It’s inherently Yveltal, Trevenant, and Greninja matchups, along with a really shaky M Manectric matchup.)
Archie’s Swampert with Octillery? I’ve had lots of trouble even hitting rare candies in that list, why so high? I really think Frogadier is faster, considering you can hit multiple Greninja’s, even with Night March getting a KO every turn. I’ve done extensive testing with that matchup. Maybe I’m wrong.
Kiernan’s tier list seems really good. The only thing I would change is maybe switching Trevenant and Yveltal, since Yvelal has a questionable Night March matchup, but I’m probably really biased.
Yveltal can also have a hard time against Greninja. Night March can tech in Gallade to deal with M Manectric/Ho-Oh/Jolteon though.
Yveltal has a super 50/50 nm matchup when played correctly. Judge/quake is so good, and fright night is integral.
Not Archie’s. You play a 1-0-1 swampman in there. Azul Garcia Griego won a states with it.