3 Head Ringer
3 Jamming Net
3 Dimensional Valley
1 Computer Search
Total Trainers-42

Energy
6 Psychic
Total Energy-6

Tool Drops’ strategy is simple. Get tools on your pokemon most likely Sigilyph and attack with Trubbish for massive damage. Now with new cards such as Team Flare tools and Dimensional Valley. The Team Flare tools help put tools on your opponent’s EX pokemon slowing them down. Dimensional Valley lets Trubbish attach for 1 Energy witch is extremely useful. A problem I see with the deck is Starling Megaphone and Pyraor. Lysandre’s Last Resort helps get you your tools back from Megaphone, but I have yet found a counter to Pyraor.

2 Likes

What does the supporter Elsa do?

It allows you to search your deck for 3 tool cards.

It also allows you to let it go

9 Likes

Pyroar counter is simple. Run 1 Garbodor. Can’t use Masq. but you don’t really need to as much.

You also cant use Sigilyph witch makes Trubbish do a good amount of damage.

Running 1 garb won’t beat pyroar. They run lysandres and catchers

You also can’t use Sigilyph.

Maybe you could tech a Beartic line or two for Pyroar?

Baertic looks good but the deck is kind of cramped with all of the tools.

You could try a 2-2 line of Arbok XY to counter Pyroar. It’s a free attack (with stadium), on a stage one that block abilities.

Or even my boy Toxicroak could be really lethal.

Also there are several Garbodor. Try this one:

or this one:

1 Like

I think it may be smarter to take the auto loss.

Well with that optimistic additude…

2 Likes

True… EVERY deck is going to have a weakness eventually.

1 Like

Just curious:

I have been seeing a lot of people say that Team Flare Tools have made Tool Drop playable again.

How?

Are was assuming that people are going to play less Startling Megaphones because they will play Team Flare Tools?

What about decks that don’t have space for Team Flare Tools? Won’t they keep playing Startling Megaphone?

Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but I’m curious.

I am personally not sure how anyone thinks this deck has any place in a format with Megaphone.

Only thing I can think of is running Flare Tools yourself so you can prevent losing 100% of your damage to a single Megaphone drop.

1 Like

I’m not going to say it’s good, but Lysandre’s Trump Card can recycle all of the lost tools and Dimension Valley allows you use Tool Drop T1 (provided that you go second). It’s tempting.

1 Like

You get off maybe a KO. Then they search out a Megaphone. Now you have to repeatedly cycle Vs. Seeker and Trump Card every turn or every other turn, while giving them access to Megaphone again each time. Oh, and they aren’t wasting Supporters to keep alive. You are. And you’re at the mercy of the draw on what number of tools you have access to next turn. Seismitoad and Garbodor being pretty commonplace doesn’t help the matter.