"The Next Big Thing" – Pikachu & Zekrom-GX, Rayquaza/Vikavolt, and Celebi & Venusaur-GX (for Standard)

This is the companion discussion topic for this article.

Thanks for the great article. Why do you think Lysandre labs is the best stadium for this deck? Also, I’ve seen Acerola run in VikaRay previously, so is there a reason you did not include it here?

With Lysander labs improves quite a bit as you negate escape board for them. You also need a shrine counter and it’s the best neutral stadium for the deck.

As for acerola, I’ve never played it and don’t think it’s good because it goes against the flow of the deck. You’re trying to get energy into play and acerola does the opposite. You’d rather always guzma or draw more cards than heal with this Aggro deck.

Pablo

Nice article sir!

I myself am excited about the potential of Lightning these days. I thought they have been close for a while but I will admit I have not had the time to really dig in and see if a lightning deck works reliably. I think now is the time though as lightning is getting even more to play with.

I am sure Rayquaza will be even better now and I can’t wait to get some time to play with it more.

Do you think Rayquaza will be better in standard or expanded now?

I think Rayquaza will be a contender in both formats, as both Prism Star cards really help it out to remain competitive in STA and EXP!