TCG Team Alpha Thread

If I go to regionals I’m not telling anyone my deck lol

5 Likes

Does anyone know when they will be? Like, are we talking days, weeks or months away?

Ended up at 2-1 at my League Challenge today. Beat TDK and Ninetales/Raichu, and lost a crappy match to Flareon Cofagrigus. 5th place. Oh and I played Yveltal/Garbodor.

The two dates of the Regionals that I looked at (Philadelphia and San Jose), are the 4th and the 18th of October respectively, so it’s really not that far away.

The only reason I have the Landorus is because I picked up 2 for a crappy rogue deck for City’s at 10$ apiece. I don’t even have the Lucario yet, I’m buying those soon.

FYI

3 Likes

Of course as I am from the UK the meta is different. I this is my idea of the meta right now. I will not be expecting Yveltal. I will see some VirGen but their popularity dipped at the end of last season so I doubt that I will see those reamerge. Pyroar and Landorus will be popular. And Seismitoad being the only skillful deck here will not see as much play as Landy and Pyroar.

Seismitoad is going to be really popular. Not really a skillfull deck. Just attach energies to Seismitoad and big basics and attack.

Virizion/Genesect is going to be popular as always. It’s just simply a great deck, always has been. Because of this, Pyroar is going to be good. Big Basics/Garbodor will be good too, whether or not it plays Seismitoad.

Time, time is skill. I have been testing IRL with 50 minute clock and you have to know when to scoop, when to speed up and when to slow down.

That’s the same with about any other deck.

Huge with Seismetoad though. Because you take slower games. If you lose a long game one you’ve lost the series.

I might go to philly. Closest to me (and still 2-3 hours away!). Why can’t we have something in NY? The city sure has enough big venues. I mean sheesh, the Javits Center is like, 4x3 blocks long. And like, 3-4 stories. Available for rent :smiley:. I think atleast one floor is big enough. I would like to see a worlds there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

NYC is expensive though. I’m sure organisers would have to charge $20 just to cover the costs let alone for the prizes.

Yeah. But it would be very helpful for people north of philly :smiley:

I took the train from NYC to D.C. once and I believe it stopped somewhere in Philly.

1 Like

Lol. I didn’t think of taking a train. I’m so used to just driving :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Any one want a game against Seismitoad w/Pyroar?

Haha jokes on me I guess before a few days ago I’ve never heard of playTCG. Someone whanna explain how it works?

You make a bebesearch account, and go under “deck lists” and make your own list. Then go to PlayTCG.com and sign in with that account. Then click play, select your list then battle with it. If you can’t see the menu bar at the top if the screen in white in the battle, press F11 to go into full screen. You can use the short cuts there to do stuff. You have to chat to the oponent what attack you use so they can put damage. Note: the site wont put damage or stuff down for you. You have to do it all your self. (And with menu short cuts). It does take some getting used to, and patient people who will help you. (Of course, no one helped me, just quit on me) there is a guide video, but it’s old, and uses older cards. The only difference is that his screen the play mats are separate. In the real thing, they are joined and the menus is at the top of the screen, not the top of your mat.