This was a topic in the old forums, before the new rotation. The game has changed a lot since then, so maybe we can make something of Stoutland. I’ll provide a skeleton list to work with.
4 Stoutland BCR
2 Herdier BCR
4 Lilipup BCR
2 Virizion EX
1 Celebi EX
1 Mewtwo EX
4 Professor Juniper
2 Pokemon Fan Club
4 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
2 Startling Megaphone
2 Float Stone
1 Escape Rope
1 Sacred Ash
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Scramble Switch
3 Training Center
A turn 2 Stoutland provides a Supporter lock on the opponent. Gothitelle and Trevenant were deadly for this when they were more popular. Now the new Seismitoad EX is doing the same. Using this concept, Stoutland severely slows down opponents when they can’t refresh their hands.
Virizion-EX functions as a protection from LaserBank and can also function as energy acceleration in certain matchups.
Celebi EX is optional and is used for Lillipup BCR’s “Roar” attack, which is a pseudo-catcher for 1 energy.
Mewtwo EX is a compatible with the DCEs and acts as a counter to Lucario and potentially Seismitoad if you’re unable to Rare Candy for the Stoutland early enough.
- A standard line of 4 Junipers and 4 N
- Skyla is important for Rare Candy mostly
- Pokemon Fan Club is a replacement for the now defunct Level Ball
- Ghetsis is the oddball here, but allows interesting plays with Stoutland!
Mostly standard list of items. Note that 2 Megaphones are included for Garbodor.
Muscle Band and Silver Bangle don’t hit for magic numbers here (110 and 120 respectively). Deck space can be conserved for other cards while committing to 2HKOs. An optional play is Silver Bangle + LaserBank but that caps out at 150 and takes significant deck space.
Scramble Switch is for fun. Computer Search is probably better.
- The Double Colorless energies are self-explanatory
- Grass Energies allows for compatibility with Virizion EX and, in rare cases, Celebi EX. Alternatives would be Dark energy for Darkrai’s free retreats or Rainbow/Fairy for some kind of fairy transfer hybrid.
Share your thoughts! This deck idea isn’t originally mine. Changes are welcome.