Seismitoad-EX Variants // XY-on 2016

Forgot float stones…hmm, deck space is already tight, I guess cut the enhanced hammer for one, and then idk where I can fit another

Maintenance is also a hit or miss card. I like it as a safeguard just because it can get rid of cards that hinder the archie’s and can give you the probability of drawing one that can. But, I could see cutting those as well.

I was thinking more like this

4 seismitoad ex
2 empoleon bkt
2 shaymin ex
1 regice
1 articuno

2 archies
2 sycamore
1 birch
1 lysandre
1 hex maniac

4 trainers mail
4 acro bike
4 compressor
4 ultra ball
4 vs seeker
4 reserved ticket
3 muscle band
2 rough sees
2 switch
2 enhanced hammer
2 crushing hammer

4 dce
4 water

This deck is Expanded, but it gives you an idea of an extremely well-tested engine (by me).

You could cut all the expanded stuff for things like Maintenance and Acro Bike. This is a speed list, hence the two bunnies.

This deck is crazy consistent by the way. I almost always get a turn 1 Empoleon. Like literally, almost every time.

2 Likes

Hmm. This list is ,in fact, really consistent. My only comment is that 4 weakness policy might be a bit much. Also, isn’t this a standard thread?

Where do you see 4 Weakness Policy? Like I said before, I know this is a Standard thread, but I wanted to show a well tested engine that could work in Standard.

1 Like

I believe he means reserved ticket. All it is, is an item that can easily get out of your hand. It also helps if you land heads, so why not

ooh, i thought that that the reserved ticket was a weakness policy!

2 crushing hammer is bad. That’s a 4-or-none card.

1 Like

…I’m testing what I swear is one of the most insane levels of insanity so far, but here I’ve come

I’m trying archies empoleon, with cresellia for a edge over vespiquen, lucario, and mewtwo:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 11

3 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
3 Cresselia BKT 70
2 Empoleon BKT 38
3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 38

3 Trainers’ Mail ROS 92
1 Giovanni’s Scheme BKT 162
3 Acro Bike PRC 122
4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
1 AZ PHF 117
4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Judge BKT 143
1 Lysandre FLF 104
2 Float Stone PLF 99
2 Archie’s Ace in the Hole PRC 157
4 Muscle Band XY 121
4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
1 Super Rod NVI 95

Energy - 11

4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
7 Psychic Energy CL 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Friend helped me make this standard list. “It’s a safer version of Seismitoad and Empoleon.”

Pokemon 16

3 Seismitoad EX
3 Piplup BKT
1 Prinplup BKT
3 Empoleon BKT
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillery BKT
2 Regice AOR

Trainer 34

4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Proff Sycamore
2 Lysandre
2 Proff Birch
2 Pokemon Center Lady
1 Giovanni’s Sceme
3 Dive Ball
2 Assult Vest
3 Muscle Band
3 Rough Seas

Energy 10

4 DCE
6 Water

Thought about adding Jirachi or an escape rope somewhere. Lacks Shaymin EX but you need to load your bench with empoleon so if you go Shaymin EX then you need to go AZ or something.

It’s a stage 2 deck with rare candy. Shaymin is a necessity.

If you want the shaymin ex take out the Octillery line.

I know. Also you need some sort of hammer. Denial is what keeps toad alive in standard.

1 Like

well this version is just to keep toad alive and safe. If i added hammers I’d have to take out a lot of other things. i like the assault vests they work well.

edit for hammers: - Octillery line and -1 Muscle Band -1 Giovanni’s Scheme /
+4 Crushing Hammers +2 Shaymin Ex

If not playing Shaymin-EX, why not just play 4 Dive Balls and perhaps 2 or 3 Ultra Balls? The only typing you have on your side is water anyway - why get rid of cards you may need?

These lists are drafts anyways. 4 dive balls seems relevant since only water pokemon are listed. Could change either of the tools to accommodate float stones since my decklist is lacking ways to get out of the active spot.

Ultra Balls are actually quite useful for deck thinning for a Judge.

Hi guys. Well I quit Pokemon at end of season last year…Decided to take break but now that cities are here I cant help but want to get my hand on a trophy (South Africa- Port Elizabeth)

So Ive been trying to put a deck together with cards that I have little to nothing of the last few sets so any help on where to focus would be awesome:

3 x Seismatoad Ex
3 x Yvetel Ex
3 x Yvetal xy
2 x Empoleon BKT

4 x Sycamore
2 x Birch
2 x Shauna

2 x Archies
2 x Lysandre
1 x Cassius
1 x Hex Maniac
1 x Pokemon centre lady

4 x Ultra ball
4 x Acro Bike
4 x Trainer Mail
4 x Muscle Band
4 x V.S seeker
2 x Switch
2 x Energy Switch
1 x Shadow Circle
1 x Raging seas

8 x Dark Energy
4 x DCE

This list is already 6 cards over. If i skip the acro bikes and trainer mail, maybe i can go for roller skates as a draw engine, no Shaymin ex available. Idea is to stall with toad and swing in the damage from Yvetel Ex. could also skip Empoleon and go just Toads and Yvetels. Maybe this should be a yvetel ex variant post, Ill try my luck there aswell.

Any help greatly appreciated

Especially on the standard meta and what Im most likely to fail hard against…

Seismitoad/Slowking/Archie’s Empoleon/Manectric

4 Seismitoad EX FFI
1 Manectric EX PHF
1 Manectric EX PHF
1 Slowpoke GEN
2 Slowpoke BKP
3 Slowking BKP
2 Empoleon BKT
1 Shaymin EX ROS

3 Crushing Hammer
1 Sky Field
3 Muscle Band
3 Trainers’ Mail
2 Head Ringer
4 Ultra Ball
3 Professor Sycamore
4 VS Seeker
2 Archie’s Ace in the Hole
1 Delinquent
2 Battle Compressor
2 Acro Bike
2 N
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Skyla
1 Lysandre

3 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

This deck’s strategy is to item lock with seismitoad, energy deny with slowking and then Archie’s for a empolion with a 90 damage quaking punch damage potential. Manectric deals with night march and yveltal and can get the last hit to win a game

I actually placed 5th with this deck at a tournament. (-2 N, +1 judge +1 Professor birch’s observations
First game-Loss to night march (dead drew)
Second game-Win against ageislash/flareon (Weird deck, i know?)
Third game- Win to turbo typhlosion
Last game- Win to Darkrai/Yveltal

Hope you enjoyed this decklist, i enjoyed making it!