2 Head Ringer

4 Professor Juniper
2 N
1 AZ
1 Lysandre

2 Virbank City Gym

4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Double Dragon Energy

I need to make the above deck more consistent. Thoughts on what to change?

Don’t run into Lilligants :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, how do you deal with Aegislash-EX?

Think you can cut an N and a switch for two trainers mail. In any decks that run ssu, I usually run one switch at most (unless the main attackers retreat cost is like 5 or something like that :p).

@thegrovylekid, I have lasers, and energy lock+Lysandre should be enough.

@bluezune, N is clutch in this deck. multiple times I need to use it so I stellar guidance and find 1 N out of two in my deck. I cant risk it being prized. Also, I’m thinking of taking out an SSU instead of switch for the trainers mail, but I don’t know what else…

The only other thing I can think of is the 3rd Crawdaunt or Muscle Band. I think the winning list only used 2 bands, so you could try it.

What winning list? Do you have a link?

I’m pretty sure the arena cup in germany (I think) was won by this deck but without crabs though. I think the list is on 60cards in one of the recent articles .

1 Like

I’m considering taking out the Crawdaunt.

Yea, you already have enough Energy denial. Just go consistent and play something similar to Robin’s list, it’s extremely good.

For reference, here’s Robin’s winning “Giratoad” list from Arena Cup in Würzburg:

3x Seismitoad EX
1x Hoopa EX
3x Shaymin EX
2x Giratina EX
1x Keldeo EX

1x Computer Search
4x Ultra Ball
4x Professor Juniper
4x Hypnotoxic Laser
4x VS Seeker
4x Crushing Hammer
4x Super Scoop Up
3x Virbank City Gym
3x Head Ringer
2x Float Stone
2x Lysandre
2x Muscle Band
1x Team Flare Grunt
1x Tool Scrapper
1x N-supporter
1x Xerosic
1x AZ
1x Colress

4x Double Colorless Energy
3x Double Dragon Energy

1 Like

Been testing that list a lot and I prefer Cassius over AZ, but there are times I wish I could AZ over Cassius but not often. I only run 2 Shaymin. I found I started with it too much when I ran three. I increased N to 2.

I wish there was more room as Id like to run a Shadow Triad, but Xerosic and Team Flare Grunt come in handy often.

This deck has favorable matchups against Vespiquen, Night March, M Manectric, and loses to Yveltal typically.

1 Like

I like tho list, but I would take out a virbank for an N and a Head Ringer for a muscle band.

You can beat Yveltal if you can hammer away everything early and lock Dark Patch, if you’re still scared run a Mewtwo or Lugia.

1 Like

So get 4 heads on crushing hammer and repeatedly xerosic and flare grunt them? I understand that there are ways to turn the match in your favor, but I was simply saying that its not a favorabke mathup unless you get lucky.
And Im not sure Mewtwo or Lugia would do much against Yveltal.

They load an Yveltal up and then you hit them for lots?

3 Likes

A good Yveltal player doesnt load up on one but rather many. Dont put all your eggs in one basket.

Yes, but not all Yveltal players are good, and there are a lot of times when a good Yveltal player needs a KO and loads one up.

Sure but if theyre bad players then Im not worried. And if a good player loads one up to take the KO then its easy to retaliate.

Again, the matchup is unfavorable.

2 Likes

What about using dedenne as possible yveltal counter? Do you just take the loss against suicune and aigislash ex? And how do you deal with vileplume? Hex Maniac

Dedenne isn’t that great, as the opponent can just go for 2 Y-Cyclones. Raichu would be much better, also allows you to beat Suicune.
Aegislash still loses as you have Lysandre/Laser and can still item lock.