Seismitoad-EX Variants // BCR-on

It’s my first year playing the tcg and I’m planning of playing this deck in a competition. The only thing I’m worried about is Virizion Genesect. I’ve tested reshiram and it doesn’t really work. Any ideas on how I can make the matchup more favorable?

Head Ringer causes Virizion a ton of problems: takes 3 turns to Emerald Slash. Genesect doesn’t like it much either.

Thanks, seems like it’ll come in handy. Think I’ll run 2-3 of those. However, that still leaves the problem of knocking their Pokémon out. I’m thinking of Victini and I know there’s a variant using pure fire energy, but I don’t feel comfortable not having the option to grenade hammer…

to be honest i never use water energy because i don’t think grenade hammer is worth the price. theirs allot better attacking options out there especially with phantom forces being out

That’s true. I’ve revised my list to include yveltal as an attacker as well.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Yveltal-EX Variants // BCR-on

my list is very close to what you have the only difference for me is i only run 2 seekers and 1 skyla with 4 n 4 sycamore

My list;
Pokemon 10
4 Seismitoad EX
2-2 Garbodor LTR
2 Victini EX

Trainers 40
4 Sycamore
4 N
3 Skyla
3 Colress
2 Lysandre
2 VS Seeker

4 Muscle Band
2 Head Ringer
2 Float Stone
1 Victory Piece

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Ultra Ball
2 Switch
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Enhanced Hammer

2 Virbank City Gym

Energy 10
6 Fire Energy
4 DCE

Also megalo cannon / muscle band / Deoxys EX.

Why no Mewtwo?
Is it space?

My Pokémon line-up that I will currently test:
4X Seismitoad EX FA
2X Garbodoer
2X Trubbish
2X Mewtwo EX FA
1X Jirachi EX FA

I’m testing this list with hammers, team flare grunts, head ringers and water energies. To see a video of it look up on the bubble BC regionals chase moloney. However it doesn’t show the head runners (they weren’t released yet).

Meant to say ringers.

Drop the 2 Head Ringer and add in 2 M2.

The list was created by Jason Klacyzinski, Chase Moloney and Trevor Read (not my list, the YouTube one).

Why not have all three. Yveltal/Seismitoad/Garbodor, <—it’s a thing.

Thread mergers are at the discretion of the mods. As are off-topic posts. If you see something you think is off-topic, please flag rather than discussing it or mini-modding.

This thread is for decks that focus on Toad as a main attacker (with or without Garbodor).

Discussion of Toad as a tech in Yveltal decks can be discussed in the Yveltal thread.

The point I was getting at. Thank you @baby_mario.
I’ll remember to flag next time.

Since the upbringing on donphan, I predict many VirGen decks will run one Deoxys, so Genesect ex will do 130 with a muscle band. I would add a combustion blast charizard to combat VirGen, and the steel hype coming about.

If you want to counter VirGen with Charizard you need to play spiritomb. You probably knew that but just saying.

You could also actually consider jamming net in seismitoad/Garbodoer since emerald slash from virizion will be a 3HKO but it would of been two. As for megalo cannon it would be a 2JKO instead of an OHKO.