Seismitoad-EX, Decidueye-GX // BLW-on 2017

Seismitoad EX, Decidueye GX //BLW-on 2017
This is a discussion on Seismitoad/Decidueye in BLW- on.
I have not been able to do much testing as Sun Moon just came out. The idea is to instead of playing the bat line in toad/bats play a line of decidueye-GX. If you do not know what decidueye does, here is a picture of it.

Below is my decklist.

##Pokémon - 17

• 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
  • 4 Rowlet SM 9
  • 4 Dartrix SM 10
  • 3 Decidueye-GX SM 12
  • 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
  • 3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

##Trainer Cards - 36

• 4 Ultra Ball SM 135
  • 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
  • 3 Revitalizer GEN 70
  • 3 Trainers’ Mail ROS 92
  • 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
  • 2 Level Ball AOR 76
  • 1 Float Stone BKT 137
  • 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
  • 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
  • 2 N PR-BLW BW100
  • 1 Lysandre AOR 78
  • 1 AZ PHF 91
  • 1 Xerosic PHF 110
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
  • 4 Crushing Hammer GEN 60

##Energy - 7

• 3 Grass Energy 1
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy SM 136

Total Cards - 60

Card Choices

3 revitalizer/ 2 battle compressor
The reason we play these cards is because decidueye, dartrix, and rowlet are all grass type pokemon. With Forest of Giant Plants, we can battle compressor a line of decidueye away and then later revitalizer them putting them into our hand which allows to evolve them right away.

4/4/3 Decidueye line
We play a for 4/4/3 line of this because realistically you will never get more than 3 decidueye out.

3 grass energy
I play 3 grass energy over 3 water energy because with grass energy we can use Decidueye’s Hollow Hunt GX attack

4 Forest of Giant plants
This lets us evolve into decidueye-GX quicker

Other Options

4 Puzzle of time
Many toad bats lists run this as a way to retrieve resources

Devo spray/super scoop up
These card would allow you to play decidueyes ability multiple times

More disruption cards (flaregrunts,lasers, ghetsis,etc)
Seismitoad always works well with disruption

Latios/Blend Energy grass,fire,psychic,dark/ muscle band
T1 donk

**Fighting Fury belt **
Gives seismitoad more HP and damage output

Strategy

Get multiple decidueyes on the field with seismitoad and item lock and snipe opponents with decidueye.

Pleas post ideas below

I would like to be able to add more switch cards (float stone, escape rope, switch, etc) because decidueye has a 2 retreat cost

Why are you saying he needs vs seeker? He already has a play set in his list. Maybe it’s just me being completely naive (as usual)

I think the card counts on battle compressor and revitalizer should be switched. 2 Revitalizer are to have them when you need them and battle compressor is an out to draw when necessary.

I think that I’d rather play a toad bats with lasers in expanded over road decidueye in expanded. I think that road decidueye should be a standard format deck.

Once again, toad decidueye does not exist in standard

Oh I just blanked out right there :dizzy_face:. I meant the hoot hoot decidueye deck someone mentioned in their underground article.

Hoot Hoot decidueye is awful in my opinion, as you have very low damage output

Toad Decidueye is strictly superior to Toad Bats. More HP, Higher damage output, etc etc.

Not necessarily. Both decks have different strategies. I like toad bats more because it has the power to take control of any game because it runs things like silent lab, super scoop ups, rock guard sometimes, with other techs. Toad decidueye is more of a deck that relies on toad as practically the only disruption and decidueye to put a lot of damage pressure on the board. I’ll definetly test both, but toad decidueye seems more matchup based than toad bats.