Sableye DEX Variants// BLW-on 2016

Variants of this deck have been doing well at a few tournaments and so I was surprised that there wasn’t already a thread for it. I’ve been working on a list for a month or two now, but there is very little information about Sableye DEX decks from any period other then the Darkrai EX era.

Before I post a list, I want to make a shoutout to @bhalliburton. I hadn’t thought about using Battle Compressor as a means of searching out Life Dew, but after trying it, I love it. Thanks for your contribution!

Pokémon x 12
4 Sableye (DEX)
2 Trubbish (whatever you have)
2 Garbodor (Garbotoxin)
1 Jirachi-EX (PLB)
1 Shaymin-EX (ROS)
2 Bunnelby (PRC)

Items x 27
1 Super Rod
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Life Dew
4 Crushing Hammer
1 Target Whistle
3 Battle Compressor
2 Float Stone
2 Head Ringer
1 Tool Scraper
2 Trainers’ Mail
3 Ultra Ball
1 Trick Shovel
4 VS Seeker

Supporters x 14
1 Ghetsis
1 Xerosic
1 Skyla
1 AZ
2 Lysandre
3 Team Flare Grunt
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N

Energy x 7
7 Darkness

1 Like

This is the list that both Nick Robinson and I used to get top 4 (him in masters, me in seniors) at Ft. Wayne Regionals.

3 Likes

I watched his semi final match against Frank Diaz. Pretty heartbreaking way to lose.

Yeah, time isn’t a fun way to lose:(

The bling is real…

But VIRIZION? Why? You have Garb, which shuts it off.

Here’s my current Sableye/Garb list:

4 Sableye
2-2 Garb (with Garbage Collection Trubbish)
2 Bunnelby
2 Shaymin EX

3 Juniper
4 Flare Grunt
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 AZ (clutch)
1 Ghetsis (not sure about this. I would think it would be purely for the mirror, but I guess it would shut off a bunch of other decks too…I’m open to other suggestions in substitution for this card.)
1 Hex Maniac
1 Xerosic
4 VS Seeker

4 Ultra Ball
4 Crushing Hammer
3 Battle Compressor (debating to run this or Trainer’s Mail, but I think Compressor is going to stay for now.)
1 Enhanced Hammer
3 Float Stone
2 Head Ringer
1 Super Rod
1 Hypnotoxic Laser (not sure yet, but I’d like to try it out)
1 Trick Shovel
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Life Dew - ACE SPEC

1 Team Aqua’s Secret Base (also extremely good, but I feel I don’t need a 2nd. Goes really good with Garb against a lot of stuff. Also is incredible in the Lysandre/stall strategy. You can also recycle it back with Bunnelby and play it until your opponent runs out of counter-stadiums.)

6 Darkness Energy - Basic

Any thoughts?

1 Like

It’s amazing against the toad matchup. You don’t set up garb every game

2 Likes

You run 4 Flare Grunt, and a Xerosic.

I’m aware. I did play the list after all;) it also shifts Yveltal from a 30-70 matchup to about a 55-45

What’s the card right below the crushing hammers?

I think it’s Enhanced Hammer.

1 Like

Whenever @Dweinhardt posts a list by photo and you can’t see a card, go through every gold trainer you can think of. Unless it isn’t a trainer.

5 Likes

Hahah, pretty much. I also follow patterns, i.e. Hammers by hammers, ace spec, balls, then VS Seekers, etc.

2 Likes

Been testing a list of this, I’m trying out 1 copy of darkrai ex, it’s amazing in mirror as well as a single copy of potion. Before you all say “garb shuts it off”, @Dweinhardt did get top 4 with virizion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Darkrai is good, but only if you make space for two dark patch. Also, potion is bad, play a full heal or PCL instead.

1 Like

Don’t use Darkrai, goes against the strategy. Just run laserbank or something.

Been trying out different counters to mirror, one is Yveltal xy, which can 2-shot it with laser, another is just adding a muscle band or two to utilize Confuse ray. I decided not to use darkrai because it becomes a dead card much of the time.

Check out @Dweinhardt’s article, it has a great list I’ve been testing with recently.

1 Like

Yeah I’m real fond of that one. It’s about 4 cards off of what I’m currently testing, but pretty much what I’ll end up playing if I stick with the deck.

1 Like

Puzzle of Time makes this deck ridiculous.
Surely something has to happen in regards to this?