Primal Kyogre-EX Variants // BCR-on

I am going to be trying different variations. Garb and lab, just lab, just garb. It depends what works best

It makes no sense. If you get Garbodor set up by your second or third turn, which is more than likely to happen, you have three dead cards… What can someone possibly do that is so detrimental to you in that amount of time that makes Silent Lab such a focal point?

I have always run decks with Garbotoxin since I started playing recently, and I would never even consider, for a second, running Silent Lab with Garbodor. It’s going to hinder your performance more than it’ll help.

Dude the deck needs testing. This is just my original list

Dude, I’m trying to help prevent you from wasting your time, dude.

1 Like

This is going to be a new deck. It’s going to need a lot of testing

You don’t need to play test this to grasp the concept of it, but do as you please.

Yes I will do as I please. The role of this deck is to try and make things as consistent as possible.

On another note what do you guy’s think about the Lysandre in this deck. Where I play it’s expanded all the time so I was thinking of putting in at least 1 tool scrapper and maybe taking out a dce for another one

@Hadosrocks22, I just did some testing with P Kyogre and Toad. I’m sorry to say this, but it didn’t go well. What I learned is that

1. Rough Seas is really good with P Kyogre and all other water types in the deck.
  2. Kyurem is not as good as I thought, but he is still pretty good in this deck. The ability to do heavy damage with non EX basics is always good
  3. Team Flare Tools absolutely kill Kyogre. If your opponent manages to get them on your Kyogres early on, it is very difficult to win the match from their on if you plan on mega evolving.
  4. Toads damage output just isn’t enough to be a solid partner maybe a one-of in the deck, Keldeo EX is probably the best.
  5. You need energy in your hand at all times. Missing an attachment can really hurt you, especially early on. My list runs 2 Prof. Letter, 2 Energy Retreival, and 13 water energy. Sometimes that even isn’t enough.
  6. P Kyogre has a bad match up against Dveltal. If you Tidal Storm a Hard Charmed Yveltal EX, you are doing 130 damage. If you manage to discard the hard charm, and you hit the Yveltal EX on the bench for 30 damage. He survives with 10 HP, it stinks. Next thing you know the Dveltal player plays a Max Potion.
  7. In this deck, if you are not playing Keldeo EX, you need at least 3 switch to stream Kyogres. If you are playing Keldeo, just play a couple float stone and just one switch/escape rope, and you’re good to go.
  8. The deck is solid. With Kyogre’s massive HP and huge damage output, along with other good partners such as Toad, Keldeo, and Kyurem, I think this deck has a good chance to be at least tier 2, probably tier 1.

After I do some more testing, I’ll report back with more info!

1 Like
  1. I will be testing in this deck which will be better, but it will either be rough seas or silent lab.
  2. I wasn’t planning to run Kyurem regardless as he costs too much energy.
  3. There aren’t too many team flare tools in my local metagame so I don’t think I will have too many problems but I will be running tool scrapper as I run expanded format so that bit is all good
  4. The Yveltal match-up is unfortunately a hard one. Nobody in my meta plays yveltal with hard charm but I do agree it is a hard match-up. Every deck in the format has an auto loss and a hard match-up. Luckily this deck has a preferable match-up against Donphan.
  5. I do agree the energy will need some testing. For the moment I will try it with DCE and water but I will have to wait and see.
  6. I’m not sure if you had a look at my decklist but I plan to try and have an ability lock going on this deck.
  7. Keldeo wouldn’t work because of the ability lock. I hope to be able to play scrapper on kyogre and then float stone it

Primal Ogre Masqurain. Take off the Spirit Links and throw whatever tool you want on. Allows you to take OHKO’s when you previously couldn’t. Also makes it easier to chain Ogres with only one Spirit Link needed on the field.

2 Likes

It’s a really cool idea and I will test it out aswell. What do you guy’s think is better in this deck: 4 float stone, 2 switch or the other way around?

Okay these are 4 different deck concepts that I came up with.

Concept 1
Pokemon: 11
2x Primal Kyogre
3x Kyogre Ex
2x Seismitoad Ex
2x Trubbish
2x Garbodor
Stadiums: 3
3x Silent Lab
Energy: 12
8x Water
4x DCE
Supporters: 12
4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Skyla
1x Lysandre
Items: 22
3x Kyogre Spirit Link
4x Dive Ball
3x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
1x Professor’s Letter
4x Float Stone
1x Dowsing Machine
2x Superior Energy Retrieval
2x Switch

Concept 2
2x Primal Kyogre
3x Kyogre Ex
2x Seismitoad Ex
2x Trubbish
2x Garbodor
3x Silent Lab
8x Water
4x DCE
4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Skyla
3x Kyogre Spirit Link
4x Dive Ball
3x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
1x Professor’s Letter
4x Float Stone
1x Dowsing Machine
2x Switch
1x Tool Scrapper

Concept 3
2x Primal Kyogre
3x Kyogre Ex
2x Seismitoad Ex
2x Trubbish
2x Garbodor
3x Silent Lab
8x Water
3x DCE
4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Skyla
3x Kyogre Spirit Link
4x Dive Ball
3x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
1x Professor’s Letter
4x Float Stone
1x Dowsing Machine
2x Switch
2x Tool Scrapper

Concept 4
Pokemon: 7
2x Primal Kyogre
3x Kyogre Ex
2x Seismitoad Ex
4x Silent Lab
8x Water
4x DCE
Supporters: 11
4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Skyla
3x Kyogre Spirit Link
4x Dive Ball
3x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
2x Professor’s Letter
4x Float Stone
1x Dowsing Machine
2x Switch
3x Tool Scrapper

Tell me what you guy’s think would be the best to run with.

Is this for expanded? I think Concept 4 is the best. Maybe some more Kyogre, if possible. Or a couple more Toads. I would probably cut 1 Silent lab.

[quote=“OshaWaterBottle, post:33, topic:4432, full:true”]
Primal Ogre Masqurain. Take off the Spirit Links and throw whatever tool you want on. Allows you to take OHKO’s when you previously couldn’t. Also makes it easier to chain Ogres with only one Spirit Link needed on the field.
[/quote] Seems to inconsistent to me. Of your just running 4-4 Kyogre then sure, but if not, I probably wouldn’t do it. Seems like an interesting thing to try out though.

Yes where I play it is always expanded. I will also be trying Plasma Kyurem with Raging Seas

Is the DCE worth it in this deck? Also which is better: 4x Switch, 2x Float or 4x Float, 2x Switch?

Concept 4 Variation 1
2x Primal Kyogre
3x Kyogre Ex
2x Seismitoad Ex
Stadiums: 4
4x Silent Lab
8x Water
4x DCE
4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Skyla
3x Kyogre Spirit Link
4x Dive Ball
3x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
2x Professor’s Letter
4x Float Stone
1x Dowsing Machine
2x Energy Retrieval
2x Switch
3x Tool Scrapper

Concept 4 Variation 2
2x Primal Kyogre
3x Kyogre Ex
2x Seismitoad Ex
4x Silent Lab
12x Water
4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Skyla
3x Kyogre Spirit Link
4x Dive Ball
2x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
2x Professor’s Letter
2x Float Stone
1x Dowsing Machine
2x Energy Retrieval
4x Switch
2x Tool Scrapper
2x Acro Bike

What do you think guy’s? And do you think the float stone’s as well as switch is overkill?

I think you can cut the float stone and leave in the switches. I agree that 6 switching cards is a little much

Reminders:
Expanded discussion is its own forum. Posts in this thread about Expanded will be dealt with.
Do not frequently make multiple short posts in a row. That’s what editing is there for.

4 Likes

Here’s the current list

Concept 4 Variation 3
3x Primal Kyogre
3x Kyogre Ex
2x Seismitoad Ex
4x Silent Lab
12x Water
4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Skyla
4x Kyogre Spirit Link
4x Dive Ball
2x Ultra Ball
2x VS Seeker
2x Professor’s Letter
1x Dowsing Machine
2x Energy Retrieval
4x Switch
2x Tool Scrapper
2x Acro Bike

What’s your opinion on cutting the ultra ball for 2 Birch’s Observations?