Unless you regularly play on both coasts, how could you possibly say this? I surveyed the field. If you told me that over 50 of the 120 today qualified for Worlds last year, I would believe you. The Juniors that aged up this year were making a very strong showing.
Watching the top tables…
1st Table: M Manectric/Garbodor/Tooldrop vs Mirror
2nd Table: Vespiquen/Flareon vs Giratina/Aegislash/Hoopa/Tyrantrum/Keldeo (I don’t know what’s going on here)
3rd Table: Vileplume/Miltank/Regice vs Yveltal
Edit: Vespiquen/Flareon won its matchup.
Anyone have the results with decks if you know?
Time on Round 8 is either just being called or was called a few minutes ago. Slow going.
slim, what level are those tables?
Masters. I’m pretty sure juniors and seniors ended a while ago. Round 9 just ended. I ended up 5-0-4. I’ll post other updates as they come, but I’m sure it’ll be posted elsewhere first.
Did you make it? 20202020
Just got the results!! TOP 32!! Holy crap, I don’t even have a hotel room here and I live an hour away and have to be back at 8am!!
Nice job on making it!
Things to do to make sure you get the venue and enjoy your day:
- Plan ahead. Estimate how much time it will take you to get ready in the morning, and combine that with the projected time it will take to get to the venue, and set an alarm accordingly to make sure you wake up.
- When you wake up, splash some water on your face, do 10 jumping jacks, something to get your heart rate moving more. It may seem insignificant, but it will help you move faster.
- Make sure to eat well. You won’t be able to think too well on an empty stomach, and you’ll regret it if you don’t eat much later in the day.
- Calm down. Nerves aren’t fun. I’ve actually puked upon arriving to the venue due to nerves. It’s not fun. There may be a lot on the line, but try and relax and have a good time.
- Think Positive! Being negative will put a damper on your day and prevent you from thinking clearly.
And most importantly, have fun!
haha thanks a lot man. yeah this is wild. I’ve never done this well before, so it’s kind of weird. couple things:
I don’t have a room because I didn’t anticipate doing this well, so I’m sleeping in my car.
I have a Gatorade bottle. will that work?
I ate 2 pieces of toast, a poptart, and a hot dog today.
no but really, I think I’m doing it wrong.
- That will work. Gatorade has lots of sugar in it, which will help you feel more awake.
- are you going to eat tomorrow? Don’t play on an empty stomach.
- Essentially “Keep Calm and Carry On.”
That’s sure to help his nerves [sarcasm]
Go @slim182! Were all cheering you on!
I’m not seeing a 5-0-4 on that Top 32 list. I’m confused. It looks like you’re the 36 seed.
Number 28: Selim Caner has a record of 5-0-4 so I’m assuming that @slim182 is #28.
If @slim182 wins last three he should be 8th seed. Might bubble.
I’m thinking the number is 33. O’Brien running away with it does help though, could push it down to 32.
That’s what I mean - if he hits 32 he should be 8-9ish.
I’m new to pokemon tournaments so I don’t really know how the match point system works. How many points do you get for winning a game? And how many points do you get for tying a game?