"Oops!... You Decked Out Again" – A Full Look at Hoopa Wall Stall (Tournament Report, Deck Updates, and In-Depth Matchup Guide) for Madison

This is the companion discussion topic for this article.

Nice article! Are there any techs you would recommend for the deck, like 2 metal+coronet or 1-1 Persian? Also, how necessary do you think rainbow energy is?

1 Like

Very good article as always! For a league cup, would it be better to play metal+coronet, and take 6 prizes, rather than unown HAND? Also, is there any changes that you would make going forward, with ReshiZard being played more?

1 Like

2 Metal and coronet is a good way to combat decks like Zoroark who try to use memory melt a lot and loop you. So taking 6 prizes with them using the 150 Attack is optimal. Other than that I don’t see a reason for it

2 Likes

I’ve played the deck at a cup and didn’t find time to be an issue. You can generally win via deck out of Unown hand

2 Likes

As for charizard techs I think the only modifications you can make are to start attacking Charizards lol. Rotom or White Kyurem seem most optimal

2 Likes

Thanks! Also, is Regigigas really necessary? What matchups does it affect?

Regigigas is just beefy. It’s good versus stuff that is forced to 3 shot it

I have a regional this week you would change something on the list?

I’ve been finding that Genesect for free retreat is very good as of late. Also counter attackers like White Kyurem for ReshiZard