Ninjask ROS, Bunnelby PRC Variants // BCR-on

So Mill decks seem to be a legit strategy now that Lysandre’s Trump Card is banned.

Does anyone have a good starting list? or suggestions for cards to add?

Here is a Skeleton:

3-3 Ninjask
3-4 Bunnelby/Diggersby
Dunsparce

3-4 Trick Shovel
3-4 Ultra Ball
Red Card
Switch/Escape Rope
Super Scoop Up
Hard Charm

Training Center

3-4 Juniper/Sycamore
N
Lysandre

Fighting Energy

Thanks.

^ the way Diggersby’s hand is over it’s mouth, it kinda of looks like it is laughing at you.

Diggersby isn’t worth it, trust me on this. You only have a 25% chance to mill the same amount of cards with it as you would with Bunnelby, and 50% of the time it will net you nothing. Might as well use the space for something else.

How many switches and escape ropes do you plan to run? Those are crucial for making Ninjask work.

Which Dunsparce?

Roaring Skies:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dunsparce_(Roaring_Skies_68)

1 Like

Accept the loss to anti-Item
Pokemon: 14
4-4 Ninjask
6 (Dunsparce and Bunnelby comb)

Supporters: 8
3 Juniper
2 Colress
2 Lysandre
(or 3 Colress, 2 Juniper, 1 N, and 1 Lysandre and 1 other Supporter)

Trainers: 32
4 Trick Shovel
4 VS Seeker
4 Switch/Escape Rope (you choose the combo)
3 Ultra Ball
3 Red Card
3 Revive
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Super Scoop Up
1 Ace Spec (Likely Life Dew, but Dowsing Machine, Computer Search, and Scoop Up Cyclone also work)

3 Hard Charm (alternatively, you can change this to 2 additional Super Scoop Up and 1 Hard Charm or 1 Energy, this is very lenient)

3 Silent Lab (this can also be changed, all depends on the meta. However, this is very effective against Jirachi-EX, Mew-EX, Shaymin-EX, Wobbuffet, and others)

Energy: 6
6 Basic Grass (for attacking with Ninjask and the basics)

1 Like

You listed Red Card twice did you mean to put in another card?

Yes, I’ve revised the list to include a change for 3 Red Cards (to 3 Ultra Ball) and edited how the deck can be modified to a more personal list.

Other interesting ideas are to look at Milotic PRC for item recovery and maybe Hugh from BCR to lower hand sizes.

I suppose you could… But you can’t attack with Milotic and Hugh lets them choose what to discard.

Good Point. The Milotic would be just so you could reuse Trick Shovel. Which might or might not really be worth it. Just throwing ideas out there.

Milotic does allow you to reuse Ace Spec, Supporter, Energy, whatever, but I (personally) wouldn’t throw in other stuff to make it more efficient. I like the idea of just blitzing through with trainers and attacking every turn.

Always a good idea at the beginning of a thread, especially with no huge support or well-known knowledge.

1 Like

Other ideas:

To use your opponent’s Junipers against them.

1 Like

Milotic PRC doesn’t seem like it’s really needed for this deck since playing a Stage 1 just to discard 1 off of the top is kind of underwhelming. As for Hypno FUF, that idea is really good. Even outside of that, you could use it to copy Xerosic to immediately discard a Special Energy or Tool.

I’ve always liked Durant FLF attack for a colorless that has your opponent discard randomly down to 4 cards. Never could find much of a spot or use for him though. Figure he is worth at least a mention. He could cause incredible damage against an opponent if they have a large hand, although if they have that large of a hand, they are probably in a good position :confused:

The problem with Hypno is that it is a Stage 1, and your opponent can prepare for it while it is evolving by playing out their hand or discarding Supporters that can be used against them.

@GhostRegion
I found Exeggcute PLF to be extremely useful, especially if you are going to be using Wind Buzz every turn. Mr. Mime PLF is also helpful, as your Bench always has low-HP Pokemon on it. I would scrap both Dunsparce because they are vastly inferior to Bunnelby (you have Revive to recover them).

Red Card seems counter productive, because it puts more cards in your opponent’s deck. I think Hammers/Head Ringers are the better disruption because if your opponent starts attacking you are usually going to lose in 6 turns. Hard Charms also seem redundant, as all your Pokemon will usually get KO’d anyway, and I’d rather prevent them from attacking all together with Hammers and Co.

1 Like

Is there an easy way to get your opponent to draw cards, then use chip off to discard them?
N might work early game, but do youguys havea longer term solution?

You are forgetting the eggs. Promote ninjask, discard your egg, then just keep discarding your egg over and over again.

Please reply to who you are correcting.

Redone list with input from this thread:
Accept the loss to anti-Item
Pokemon: 14
4-4 Ninjask
4 Bunnelby
1 Mr. Mime
2 Exeggcute

Supporters: 8
3 Juniper
2 Colress
2 Lysandre
1 N

Trainers: 32
4 Trick Shovel
4 VS Seeker
4 Switch/Escape Rope (you choose the combo)
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Hammer Combo
4 Revive
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Ace Spec (Likely Life Dew, but Dowsing Machine, Computer Search, and Scoop Up Cyclone also work)

3 Head Ringers

2 Silent Lab

Energy: 6
6 Basic Grass

Personally I prefer 4 Switch and 4 Escape Rope over 4 of the two and 4 Super Scoop Ups. More reliable.

1 Like

Silent lab shuts off both egg and mr. mime. The only other stadium I can think of is training center, but even that is a stretch. Might just want to run a sacred ash or two because you burn through cards as well with the hammers and the switches. Maybe just a heavier N count as well.