"Night March" Pumpkaboo PHF, Lampent PHF, Joltik PHF // BCR-on

Like the Night March mirror?

Or VS RayMin. They burn through their deck fast after all.

If you get lucky, you might even throw both Altaria into the discard…

With LTC out of the format discouraging Toad, Exeggutor and other lock decks, I believe the Chandelure variant might turn out to be decent. It is already usable against many EX decks, and Chandelure with its snipe attack will have a huge presence in the mirror. The deck also can afford to have more Marchers in the discard due to Chandelure being harder to knock out than your average Marcher.

Important cards to start looking for (however much I hate giving away secrets) for Night March:
Energy Retrieval
Ancient Bunnelby PRC
Max Revive
Revive
Litwick/Chandelure (as you, Rakkis157, said)

Night March (and Flareon until it rotates) should have no issue for damage, as long as you can use another attacker with a DCE.

I really like revive in this deck as it allows you to compete with things lime grounding and logged without having to go for the 2hko (which is why I also really like iris in this deck) but I don’t understand the reasoning for max revive. Could you elaborate?

I’ve been testing an old version of my Night March deck with Max Revive (I run a Flareon Variant) and it allows me to discard Flareon or other none-basic Pokemon and set them up for a next-turn draw, supporter draw, item draw, or Pokmeon draw (if someone uses Empoleon or whatever in their variant) to get that card that will help.

One more to add is Shuppet ROS, to BLEH down them DCEs.

Also, the Chandelure variant seems like it would appreciate Exp. Share, and .Super Energy Retrieval is useful for the out to getting marchers into your discard.

Has anyone tried using Toad or Trevenant with Night March? On paper, it looks decent since the two of them do shield you from Hammers that hack at your already limited energy.

Also, posting Alex Hill’s Vengence March list for reference.

Pokémon – 25

3 Litwick PHF
4 Lampent PHF
3 Chandelure PHF
4 Pumpkaboo PHF
4 Joltik PHF
2 Celebi-EX
2 Sigilyph LTR
1 Shaymin-EX ROS
1 Jirachi-EX
1 Swampert PRC 36

Trainers – 26

4 Professor Juniper
2 Lysandre
1 N
1 Archie’s Ace in the Hole
1 Lysandre’s Trump Card

4 VS Seeker
4 Battle Compressor
4 Acro Bike
3 Ultra Ball
1 Switch
1 Computer Search

Energy – 9

4 Double Colorless
4 Mystery
1 Psychic

I did make my own modifications to it, however, but I can’t access PTCGO right now to look it up.

I almost feel bad for competitive players. Night March is a beast now, so is Flareon.

I didn’t have time to thoroughly read it (I really quickly skimmed it) and while I’m not a successful enough (at all? XD) player to say so with authority… I beat Night March decks with non-Night March, non-Item lock and non-Supporter lock decks. It just wrecks certain popular decks, but other popular decks wreck it unless said other popular decks get a bad set-up… and with the decks that were relying so heavily on LTC being taken down a peg (or several) some of those other, popular decks might be good enough again.

I mean, take the Crobat (PHF) variants; even while Night March is taking OHKOs against Pokémon-EX it might not matter if the Crobat player is taking a OHKO against the active and an effective OHKO against something on the Bench. Not trying to say Night March isn’t going to be better off from the change; I just thought Night March was pretty good before so with all the people freaking out about it, it is more like they are finally catching on to reality. XD

Has anyone tried using this card as an Archie tech? Being able to make use of its first attack for one energy would hurt quite a lot, especially if you have no marchers left.

I think that would require you to run the Mew-EX variant with Dimension Valley to attack for 1. However, I wouldn’t readily dismiss it without testing.

Yes, I meant the Mew EX variant.

In that case, I’d definitely give it a go, although Gyarados seems like it’s more of a late-game tech, whereas Empoleon can be used throughout the game.

True. I figured it might be a possible card to use alongside Empoleon.

I think Empoleon has more uses.
Pros of Empoleon compared to Gyarados:
Lower retreat
Good ability
More HP

Let’s assume worst case scenario: Both players have 1 Prize card left, that means that each has taken 5, so that’s 10 x 20 for 200 damage. At max (with Skyfield in play) Empoleon deals 180 ((9 + 9) x 20).
However, with each player having 4 Prize cards remaining, Gyarados only deals 80.

I would opt for Empoleon because of the above pros, but there might be merit in testing the Gyarados idea.

Well one advantage of Gyarados at least is that it does not rely on your opponent’s deck to work. Besides, I was planning on swapping out a Bouffalant for the Gyarados and running 2 Empoleon and 1 Gyarados, depending on how well Toad fares after LTCs rotation.

I plan to try it out on PTCGO sometime today.

How to counter Night March variants now that Lysandre’s Trump Card is banned? Having played a few games with and against them, I have a feeling that they are getting out of control.

Bats or bench snipe. That’s really it.

If they run Mr. Mime (I know my lists do), you’ll need to run Silent Lab to shutoff their Mr. Mime or pray that you can get your Bats (yes, pretty much the only option if they run Mr. Mime) out faster and begin taking out their bench.