3 VS Seeker
1 Escape Rope
1 Startling Megaphone
1 Silver Bangle
3 Muscle Band
1 Focus Sash
4 Fighting Stadium

Strategy:
Strong Energy, Muscle Band and Fighting Stadium boost the damage of Medicham’s Yoga Kick. With the help of Omega Barrage, Medicham attacks twice a turn, knocking out the opponent’s Pokemon-EX and winning the Prize trade. Landorus accelerates Energy attachment. Hawlucha deals quick damage and retreats for free.

3 Likes

I actually saw this really cool variant tat used celibi EX so you could use meditite’s attack so you could OHKO fighting weak EX

(20+20+20+30×2=180)

unfortunately, if an opponent knocks out a medicham with 2 energy, the opponent will proceed to completely run through you.
Like The_Iron_Bat said, Celebi EX helps Medicham only spend 1 energy to attack.

2 Likes

Maybe you could run exp share for energy acceleration, but muscle band and silver bangle would be very sad about that :\

I play the deck with 4-4 medicham, 3 Landorus EX, 1 Hawlucha (more would be better) and 2 Celebi EX.

I’ve seen this deck a few times and it hasn’t performed that well. Everything needs to go perfect, and even then it not guaranteed. I’ve seen AT Bunnelby used to put Strong Energy back into the deck, but that’s at the cost of turn and probably a prize.

The only other way to increase Medi’s damage output would be Machamp, a stage 2.

So against Manectric, Kangaskhan etc, you can potentially get 4 prizes? Now that is sweet.

I wonder if the other Multistrikers can do something similar.

Edit: If this was unlimited, Nidorina from Rising Rivals + Celebi makes quite a combo.

Okay, I have tried out Celebi-EX with 3 Silver Bangle and 1 Muscle Band, and it works well against 170-HP or 180-HP Pokemon-EX. However, knocking out 130-HP non-EX Pokemon seems to become much more difficult, which significantly lowers the chance of beating Donphan variants.

So add in an outrager, like kyurem.

Why not just try 2-2 muscle band silver bangle then or drop focus sash and swap it for skyla to get muscle band and silver bangle out of the deck quicker

1 Like

Focus Sash has already been dropped for Celebi-EX. (One copy of Landorus has been replaced by Lysandre’s Trump Card as well.)

The problem I have to deal with is not that I cannot get the Pokemon Tool cards out quickly, but that I tend to use them up quickly. I would probably need 3 Silver Bangle to cover Pokemon-EX and 3 Muscle Band to cover 130-HP walls. Maybe I should have tried to drop more copies of Landorus and Fighting Energy for them or for Machamp FFI (with either Rare Candy or Maxie’s Hidden Ball Trick).

Ah okay
Could you update the orginal post with the new list with thse changes and then have orginal parts crossed out

Crossing out the original list might not be a smart choice. Let me just put the revised list here. I have tried out Machamp FFI as well: It hurts consistency way too much.

Pokemon: 12
4 Meditite PRC
4 Medicham PRC 81
1 Landorus FFI
2 Hawlucha FFI
1 Celebi-EX

Energy: 9
5 Fighting Energy
4 Strong Energy

Trainer: 39 (16 + 19 + 4)
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
1 Colress
2 Lysandre
3 Korrina
1 Lysandre’s Trump Card
1 Teammates
1 Computer Search
4 Ultra Ball
1 Repeat Ball
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Battle Compressor
3 VS Seeker
1 Escape Rope
1 Startling Megaphone
3 Silver Bangle
3 Muscle Band
4 Fighting Stadium

Folks, please flag things that are off topic. Once you’ve done that, please don’t post on the off-topic matter. It defeats the purpose. I’ve cleaned up from an earlier example of this.

4 Likes

I suggest dropping these and adding in this:

I totally disagree. Without Muscle Band, you can’t OHKO EX’s, since you need the 40 damage Muscle Band provides, if we could cut anything except the muscle Band, then I’ll agree with them. It seems like a good Idea, but it doesn’t replace Muscle Band.

2 Likes

If your attacking EX’s you should use Silver Bangle instead. 60>40. I might even add a fourth one.
Although having one muscle band couldn’t hurt, Korrina can always fish it out when you face a non-EX.

With Celebi EX in play, Medicham has the option to use Meditites Smack attack which does 20 damage for 1 energy. Even though Smack is not Medichams own attack, it still has the option to attack twice with it because of it’s Ancient Trait: Omega Barrage.
With 1 Strong energy, Silver bangle and Fighting Stadium in play, you will hit for 90 damage. Use this twice and you suddenly hit for the magical 180 damage! Being able to OHKO an EX for 1 energy is what makes this deck good.

I just read this. Makes total sense. This deck reminds me a lot of the Lucario PLS “Glass Cannon” deck, but with less energy requirements.

If you read to the bottom of the 60cards link I posted above there is a Primal Groudon deck list that he says is successful at getting T1 Primal Groudon into play. This may be adapted into a T1 Machamp strategy.
I like the useage of Maintenance:

Though I bet this deck fails hard against Item Lock…which is the biggest thing preventing Maxie’s Hidden Ball Trick from being OP.

2 Likes

Focus Sash is a dead card in mirror games. I had run into a lot of Medicham decks while playing online recently, so I decided to drop it…

1 Like

Isn’t it a possibility that you could add a Machamp, a Battle Compressor, and Maxie’s hidden ball trick to get Machamp on the bench without evolving?