M Sceptile-EX Variants // XY-on 2016

Really eh? I see…

Oh, yeah. N is not legal in standard either.

What does Mega Sceptile gain from Breakpoint and Generations?

Basically nothing. But it gains enough from two huge meta decks being one-shot by it.
Regular M Sceptile is good, but doesn’t do nearly enough damage.
M Sceptile hitting for 200 every turn is godly.

What 2 huge meta decks? I get Seismitoad, though it’s not THAT huge of a part of standard, but what’s the other?

Greninja, Garchomp, and Toad, if it’s there. At least in my area, Greninja and Garchomp are the decks to beat.

The revitalizer thing could be nice. Recover 2 grass Pokemon from the discard.

Good if you need a 1-1 line of something, or you ultra balled it away early in the game.

Revitalizer is real good

Here is my list…I got 3rd with it at OR States. In juniors.(I’m Piper, this is my dad’s account)

POKEMON (14)
3 M Sceptile EX AOR
4 Sceptile EX AOR
1 Hoopa EX AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS
2 Ariados AOR
2 Spinarak AOR

ENERGY (11)
11 Grass Energy

TRAINERS (35)
3 Sceptile Spirit Link
1 Fisherman
2 Muscle Band
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers’ Mail
1 Professor Birch’s Observations
1 Super Rod
4 Forest of Giant Plants
1 Hex Maniac
2 Energy Retrieval
4 Professor Sycamore
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Shauna
1 Lysandre
1 Revitalizer
4 Ultra Ball

I played this to 15th at Texas with a record of 8-3-3 with my losses being to 2 Night March and a Mega man/ Ho-oh

Pokemon: 14
4 Sceptile EX
3 Mega Sceptile
2 Shaymin
2 Spinarak
2 Ariados
1 Virizion

Trainers:
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Professor Birch’s Observations
1 Lysandre
1 AZ
1 Fisherman

3 Forest of Giant Plants

4 Vs Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer’s Mail
4 Max Elixir
3 Sceptile Spirit Link
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Escape Rope
1 Switch
1 Super Rod

Energy: 10
10 Grass

Here’s the list that Jimmy Wuyts piloted to top 4 at Belgium nats for anyone interested

Kudos to him. I have been trying to make a Mega Sceptile list that has been consistently… Well… Consistent for a long time.
Consistency is a HUGE issue for the deck which doesnt make much sense at all. My lists run as much if not more draw support and I still dead draw/whiff energies a ton.
I have played multiple variants of Mega Sceptile throughout the year and can conclude that the best variant is a straight consistency variant with no energy acceleration. You rely on setting up most of your megas turn one and two with single energy attachments on turns one and two, begining the loop turn two.
I believe this deck to be one of the top played for nationals ONLY if the deck can be consistent enough.

N might help the consistency problem.

The let m sceptile deck I built had 3 n 4 sycamore 4 vs seeker 4 ultra ball 1 hoops 2 shaymin.

But you never played scoop ups. They can help with consistency issues. Unless you already put them in recently, I would add them.

Darw support line 3 Sycamore with 2 N how does that sound with 4 SSU?

I’m going to try Mega Sceptile with a 2-2 line of Zoarark as a secondary attacker and for switching.

The Zoroark isn’t really necessary. Just retreat manually, Fisherman, and Jagged Saber. Or run some super scoop ups.

It is probably the lower end of tier 1 or higher end of tier 2