1 Hex Maniac
3 Lysandre
3 Professor Sycamore
4 Shauna
1 Tierno

Energy(12)
Basic Darkness 3
Basic Grass 9

Only problem I’ve been having is the very low basic count. Ideally if I could add a pokemon, it would attack for 1, retreat for 1 and be a non-EX basic. Not sure anything really fits though.

I’m a little bit surprised about the basic dark, wouldn’t it make more sense to have Rainbow?

I think they both have their advantages. I like how easy to search out and recycle basic energy are compared to special energy. I also like having energy that are immune to enhanced hammer. Lastly, I can hit Aegislash EX.

Those are my reasons for having a general preference for basic energy.

I would recommend playing this with Yvetal I am currently playing a Yvetal/Sceptile deck myself and it’s been working out great, especially in expanded with Darkrai

4 Sceptile ex
3 M Sceptile ex
3 Shaymin ex
1 Hoopa ex
1 Lugia ex
1 Trevenent ex

4 Sceptile Spirit Link
4 Ultra Ball
2 Professor’s Letter
1 Energy Retrieval
4 Trainers’ Mail
4 VS Seeker
1 Muscle Band

4 Professor Sycamore
3 Shauna
2 Lysandre

3 Forest of Giant Plants (because I can’t think of a better stadium yet)

10 Grass Energy

I personally like shrine of memories so Mega Sceptile can use Sceptile EXs attacks in a pinch.

I think by far the Malamar EX version of Sceptile is the best.
It allows you to capitalize of the 130 attack the easiest.
Also I like it as a secondary main attacker to get rid of pesky EX etc. for big damage with Trick coin etc.
The downside is always the risk of the coin flip though, which is why I tech 2 Lugia EX ROA for more certain knockouts.

The deck build I’m using is so solid. I’ll post it when home.
Brian

The correct abbreviation is AOR.

How well does this deck run from what you guys have tested? I’ve been wondering what deck I want to play for this season and I’ve had my eye on this one. What does it struggle with? And what are its advantages?

It’s pretty dang bad. It slower and less consistent than Mman, and it’s bad against like half the meta rn.

How good do people think this deck is then? Since there hasn’t been any major standard tournaments, it’s difficult to judge what the format’s top decks are, but is Mega Sceptile one of them. I ask since i am thinking of building the deck on PTCGO and i want to know if the deck is actually worth making.

I would much rather play M Manectric with Regice and Articuno. It usually has more options with being able to stall while doing decent damage (Regice), and also being able to tale extra prizes on low hp Pokemon (Articuno). On top of all that, you have extremely good healing with Rough Seas. They are both good, but I think most people would much rather play Manectric.

This deck recently won and another top 8’d a UK regional, anyone got the lists?

I don’t but the stream should be recorded on twitch if people want to go back and watch it. I remember the guy played super scoop ups, energy retrievals, and a one of virizion and one of the promo sceptile ex.

Thanks for advising of the stream - Sceptile can be found here. The Sceptile deck is very creative. But I was more intrigued with the Night March deck. It has an ingenious way of dealing with Chaos Wheel: the first turn it can attack it will swing for OHKO. So if you are going to respond with a Chaos Wheel, you better get set up very quickly…

EDIT: Incidentally - I don’t think I could bring myself to run Night March that way. I would either attack the DDE by running Enhanced Hammers or include a Bronzong line. But it’s definitely worth a shot!

The cool/sad thing is I thought of a similar night march deck and was/am planning on playing it for a city or two. I wanted it to be a surprise, but cool ideas find a way of being thought of by multiple peoples - I think giratina is going to see somewhat of a decline with the introduction of Jirachi which I can see being splashed everywhere

I think special energy decks in general are going to see a decline if that Jirachi is a solid counter to Giratina. And I’m talking about Vespiquen too.

@Patrick1865, I don’t understand. What is the night march deck’s way of dealing with Chaos Wheel.

Standard is going to be very interesting to play this year…

Joe (OmniPoke) has put his tournament report up on youtube now, if any wants to see the sceptiole build.

To clarify, there is no decklist in the video, but he does hint that one could easily be approximated from his report, and includes a sample decklist to test with.

Team Cake if anyone will be posting the list, iirc.

Basically Milotic + extra draw items to overwhelm. In my list I also run enhanced hammer so I can play enhanced hammer vs giratina and then milotic for a 2nd enhanced hammer/xerosic