M Rayquaza-EX (Colourless) Variants // PRC-on

Probably the most hyped deck going into 2017 because it’s one of the few remaining decks with OHKO potential on the first few turns of the game. This speed makes it extremely threatening.

Pokémon: 16
4 Rayquaza-ES ROS 75
4 M Rayquaza-ES ROS 76
4 Shaymin-EX ROS
2 Hoopa-EX AOR
1 Jolteon-EX GEN
1 Bunnelby PRC 121

Energy: 7
4 Double Colourless Energy
3 Lightning Energy

Trainers: 37
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 N
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers’ Mail
4 Rayquaza Spirit Link
3 Mega Turbo
2 Special Charge
2 Acro Bike
1 Super Rod
4 Sky Field

Included links to the Pokémon for new/newer players, since most of the Pokémon have other versions (such as 3 different Rayquaza-EXes)

So, what do you think about the deck? Is it good? Is it overhyped? What counters it? Let’s discuss!

If your opponent manages to KO a M Rayquaza with a Giratina, that’s bad news for you. You can’t do Hex Maniac and Pokemon ranger on the same turn, plus you won’t be able to bump the Parallel city unless you can Pokemon Ranger.

Delinquent + Parallel City + KO with Giratina = GG pretty much

In conclusion, It is probably overhyped since most decks will be running Parallel city as it also has uses in non mega ray matchups.

2 Likes

I think a 4-4 line is a bit too large for m Ray. Also jolteon should be replaced, I think, for a better attacker with uses in more matchups like regice or zoroark. This deck also needs switching if they Lysandre a hoopa. Float stone with zoroark would fill the secondary and non ex attacker with a switching option as well. I do really think the bunnelby is good in the deck though.

Edit:
With a less thick m Ray line, you probably don’t need 4 spirit link. Also, Acro bike is a card in not sold on in this deck.

2 Likes

I think 4-3/1 is fine, you need a thicker line with the heavy parrallel being played and the lack of sacred ash.

But then you run, or should run, two super rod. Then, the other space can be used for consistency, like supporters or something.

Doesn’t Karen really help this deck?

It’s a Sacred Ash replacement.

I still think as long as people are running 2 parallel in lists that a 4-4 line is worth the slot. Especially with the ability to utilize the colorless Ray aor mega can be good as a 1 of.

3x Rayquaza EX
3x M Rayquaza EX
2x Hoopa EX
4x Shaymin EX
2x Zorua
2x Zoroark

4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
4x Trainers Mail
4x Puzzle of Time
3x Rayquaza Spirit Link
3x Skyfield
2x Mega Turbo
2x Float Stone
1x Super Rod
1x Special Charge

2x Hex Maniac
3x Sycamore
1x N
1x Skyla
1x Lysandre
1x Pokemon Ranger

4x Double Colourless Energy
3x Fire Energy

Here is my current list, feel free to question anything!

Why fire energy? I think the best energy to play in mega rayquaza is water, because then you can play manaphy, and glaceon.

If you’re playing Zorua, you might as well play dark energies, just in case. :wink:

1 Like

Or metal so you don’t lose to things like scizor and jirachi

Volcanion is hyped in my area. scorched earth.

1 Like

I play Volcanion and Scorched Earth is not something you should play in the deck. Skyfield is better.

Do you guys think Magearna is worth running?

1 Like

Magearna is nice as a Damage Change counter, but only if they don’t have Garb running, which they’ll want to.

Well they probably have garb already, and you should be one shotting anyway. Unless parallel city of course.

A damage change ciunter? Ur already one-shorting everything on their field.

shrug It’s the only use I can think of for Magearna right now in Standard.

BKT Yveltal just wanted to say hi. While I feel that Mime is better than Magearna as long as you run metals and/or rainbows I think you warrant a copy.

1 Like