M Rayquaza-EX (Colorless) Variants // BCR-on

Now that the set has been revealed, here is the Raymin thread!

My list (needs lots of work)

1 Like

Looks like your deck is short 60 cards. :yum:

12 Likes

3-3 M Ray
4 Shaymin

4 Sycamore
4 (Trainer Draw)
2 Winnoa
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
3 Spirit Link
3 Skyfield
1 Computer Search

4 DCE
4 (Energy)

Total: 43
Free Space: 17

Obviously, this needs some more Pokemon. Otherwise, you’ve got just 7 Basics in the deck! Good ideas might include Ninetales PRC to stop counter Stadiums, Ancient Altaria for the bad M. Manectric EX matchup, Virizion-EX with Grass Energy as the primary Type to stop Hypnotoxic Laser, and a Basic attacker to get around Safeguard.

I think that a strong case could be made here for the inclusion of Keldeo/Float Stone|Darkrai-EX due to the large amount of Hypnotoxic Lasers and to circumvent things like Dialga-EX’s Chrono Wind.

3 Likes

-1 Skyfield
-1 Lysandre
-1 M-Ray
+1 Battle Compressor
+2 VS Seeker

a) there are 17 'free spots’
b) there are stadium wars
c) The point of this deck is to use the Mega Rayquaza (Colorless)

It was a Skeleton list to lay down what every list should have as a minimum. This is for sure not anywhere near my list as I don’t want to disclose that. I have a few good ideas for this deck that will definitely be played. PM me if you want to know them.

6 VS Seeker is 100% legal.

No, I was referring to @XtremeFate’s list, not @pokemonguy’s.
Also, Ninetales PRC is included as a 2-2 line. 3 should suffice.

I didn’t see your use of reply, so I thought you were referring to @pokemonguy’s list.

Sorry about that. It’s all good.

Pokémon
3 Rayquaza-EX
3 M Rayquaza-EX
2 Swablu RSK
2 Altaria RSK AT
2 Vulpix PRC
2 Ninetails PRC
2 Skarmory RSK
2 Shaymin-EX
1 Virizon-EX
1 Mr. Mime PLF
Total Pokémon-20

Trainers
4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Skyla
1 Colress
1 Lysandre
1 Lysandre’s Trump Card
1 Teammates
1 Winona
2 Ultra Ball
3 VS Seeker
1 Switch
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Mega Turbo
1 Megaphone
2 Rayquaza Spirt Link
3 Skyfeild
1 Scoop Up Cyclone
Total Trainers-32

Energy
4 Grass
4 DCE
Total Energy-8

Here is my list it needs a lot of work though. It’s pretty basic with only Skarmory being kind of unusual. Skarmory is just used as a Safegaurd counter and it’s call for family attack can be used to fill up the bench.

Altaria is a safeguard counter if that’s what you’re worried about.

Altaria can only do 30 damage so you have to attack 3 to 4 times to ko a safegaurd Pokemon while Skarmory can ko in 2 turns with a stadium in play.

I’m not particularly scared of safeguarders, but I guess. Cut down to one skarmory then.

1 Like

Wouldn’t Dedenne be a better idea. It helps against Yveltal EX and Mirror matches.

Raichu XY is monumentally better in Rayquaza. It benefits from Skyfield and can take out threats in anything quick.

Oh, I didn’t see Raichu XY in @theniceracoon’s list. But if he found room then yeah add Raichu! but he already has a lot of other Stage 1 pokemon too. 3 stage 1 lines would be hard to pull off…

Also, and you can take this with a grain of salt, but I dislike having 2 pokemon lines in my deck that use DCE since you can only have 4 DCE in a deck, but if you have another form of energy acceleration (maybe mega turbo or Virizon EX) then the deck becomes more viable.