M Rayquaza EX, Aromatisse // BLW-on (2016)

Hi everyone, first topic for me and i hope it’s not in the wrong section.
Anyway started playing this deck, using aromatisse to manipulate energies and xerneas as first hand basic draw to speed up energy gaining. It seems not so effective , due to inefficience to quickly place multiple pkmn in the bench. Moreover playing over times, trainers don’t seem to be well balanced, are there any gross mistakes in the deck building itself on your opinion? I started playing about 1 months ago so maybe i’m missing some of the milestone deck making

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

1 Doduo BKT 115
1 Dodrio BKT 117
2 Rayquaza-EX ROS 75
2 M Rayquaza-EX ROS 76
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Spritzee XY 92
1 Aromatisse XY 93
2 Xerneas XY 96
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89

Trainer Cards - 31

2 Trainers’ Mail ROS 92
2 Professor’s Letter XY 123
3 Rayquaza Spirit Link ROS 87
1 Lysandre FLF 90
3 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
2 Ultra Ball FLF 99
2 Skyla BKT 148
4 Max Elixir BKP 102
1 Colress PLS 118
2 Winona ROS 96
4 Sky Field ROS 89
1 Switch BCR 135
2 Max Potion BKP 103
1 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 Level Ball NXD 89

Energy - 15

11 Fairy Energy Energy 9
4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114

Total Cards - 60

I also tried using some Mega Turbos and switching doduo , dodrio and 1 xerneas for more ex pokemon , adding 1 more hoopa to speed up the bench formation, it seemed result quicker bench formation , but less stable on longer battles

only a 2-1 aromatisse? i’d recommend making it 2-2 or 3-2. also 1 VS seeker? go up to 4. dodrio should be replaced by a good non mega attacker (maybe xerneas EX). maybe add another max potion. get rid of fan clubs and skylas. switch is not needed either. dont run winona. also 4 dce is a bit overkill for a 2-2 ray line. you also really need a super rod/sacred ash. hope this helped!

That was the kind of advice i needed thanks

You’re welcome. Hope it works out. It’s always cool to see rogue decks

A lot of people actually prefer a 3-2 line of mega ray. Also, 15 energies is a lot when you also play super rod. I would recommend playing 3 double colorless, and 8 fairy energy, at the max.

Ok i switched to 3-2 rayquaza , it’s actually better to start with Ray directly in attack no more clubs, no more skylas , got 2 hoopa now and 3 vs seekers , added prof sycamore and it’s enough to get right cards … didn’t expect so . Still trying to get a super rod.
Thanks guys , all the advices are welcome

No les than three shaymin ex in here.

Good statement. You need draw power not in the form of supporters in this deck. + it boosts m rays attack

Yes i’m working on get third shaymin, at moment i still got some troubles getting more than 1 M Ray ready to attack

Maybe run some mega turbos and/or a 3rd xerneas

I’m seeing that xerneas xy is only slowing the setup of rayquaza since it needs at last 2 turns to attack (if you are first) , you have to invest 1 energy on him , use 1 turn for his attack and after you need to retreat him with a switch ( if i draw it) or discarting energy, it can be good with mega turbo but, that way i spend about 3 turns only to set up,
whereas i can easily set up directly mega rayquaza in 1 or 2 turns with 1 hoopa, 1 spirit bond, 1 ultra ball , mega turbo and 1 dce, seems more efficient

I think i’ll try to keep aromatisse for max potion and look after good ex/anti ex counters, i’m seeing jolteon ex around in some topics but so expensive…

Giratina, M Mewtwo, Jolteon/Glaceon, and M Gardevoir are all commonly played with aromatisse. Also, run rainbow energies and don’t forget malamar for sleep.

Never heard of this pair up…

EDIT: Wait a minute, what does this have to do with M Rayquaza?

Absolutely nothing lol

I thought he wanted to try other aromatisse partner. jolteon and glaceon lock could be ok with aromatisse as fairy garden gives free retreat and also theres max potions