M Mewtwo-EX (Y) Variants // XY-on 2016

I dont know if anybodies mentioned this yet but, Exp. Share is pretty good in any fairy deck as it can save a good amount of energies if you ahve 2 or 3 of them out in play, any thoughts about this?

Yeah I like the cities, I mostly have Valley just to have a stadium… But my list does have turbos, just did a quick list off my head to see how people felt about the Sableye and psychic set up but they’re definitely important and add to battle compressor existing as a 2-of. How many turbo? 2, 3?

I would play three, as a Mega Turbo can be an instant +30 on your attack for your turn, so even without Sableye, you can come out of nowhere with a ko.

I know what the sableye does, and the flip doesn’t really seem that good. I’d go -3 sableye +4 wobbufett go mainly mega turbo, as it only takes 2-4 energy to get OHKO.

Then why is Articuno so good? On average, you will attach 1.5 energies, which is pretty good for a one energy attack, but sometimes you can completely miss, while other times you will be able to attach 3 energies, which is extremely good. I personally don’t like flipping that much, but when am effect is so strong, I think it’s worth it.

It’s not that it’s bad, it’s just not necessary where you have 2 turns to get about 4 energys attached (dc+psychic+mega turbo/dc+dc)

I would suggest maxing out on battle compressors (or at least 3) for consistency because you need to get sableye going ASAP.

For once, pokemon.com has a list that I can somewhat agree with.

Probably the handiwork of Pooka.

Pooka wouldn’t run Parallel City over a third Skyfield.

Good point. Though when I see a passable list on the site, I assume it’s him.

I dunno, there is no Battle Compressor in a Bronzong list… Seems kinda incomplete with the whole Parallel City thing.

So ditch the Parallel City for a Battle Compressor.

The lists on Pokemon.com are a corporate product designed to promote the game. In this case by suggesting a use for one of the big cards from the latest set. Parallel City? A noteworthy card, also from the latest set.

Attributing these lists to Pooka, or expecting them to be top quality, is sort of missing the point.

My daughter got trashed by a couple of Mewtwo (Shatter Shot) decks because she wasn’t thinking about how to do as little possible damage to the Mewtwo-EX – Damage Change was brutally efficient at dumping damage to set up the kill next turn.

If that’s all you knew about the list, and had to cook something up to train against … my first thought was to use the Bronzong / Smeargle for psychic energy acceleration if possible (in a similar way to Machamp-EX / Ariados)

3 Mewtwo-EX (Shatter Shot)
3 M Mewtwo-EX (Psychic Infinity)
2-2 Bronzong
2 Smeargle
2 Shaymin-EX

4 Professor Sycamore
1 Skyla
1 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 Fisherman
1 AZ

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 Trainer’s Mail
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
2 Muscle Band
2 Head Ringer
1 Super Rod
1 Float Stone
1 Switch
1 Battle Compressor
1 Professor’s Letter

3 Dimension Valley

5 Psychic
3 Mystery
3 Metal

I’m NOT suggesting anyone use this list but if I had to experiment with Shatter Shot / Damage Change, what else might you change? It’s a bit of a pig’s breakfast right now.

I’d get rid of the the Mystery for either switching cards, float stones, or Zoroarks, just w/ a cursory look. They can’t be reused from the discard w/ Smeargle, so once they’re gone they’re gone for real. If you’re worried about getting back energy, I’d grab a second super rod instead of the Fisherman. I don’t know how useful singleton Battle Compressor is, but if it works for you, cool.

The Mewtwo Damage Change and then turn to M Mewtwo does work wonders against decks that generally don’t OHKO Mewtwo-EX (such as Lucario / Crobat); It’s a non-trivial part of the meta where we play.

I’m torn … I really like being able to use the Mystery Energy to give the Mewtwos free retreat and using the Float Stones for the Bronzongs.

As originally written, it also has no good answer to Regice (Bronzong and Smeargle aren’t exactly brilliant non-EX attackers). Heatran PHF? If I do that, there’s another reason to remove the Mystery Energies.

I played a couple of test matches out with it, and part of me still wants to slide in a Skyfield early on, only to play Dimension Valley when ready to attack (to discard the Shaymins). Adding another Shaymin feels right to get an explosive setup T1, a la Raichu / Crobat.

I’d keep in mind that Bronzong OHKO’s Regice even without a damage modifier. Also, Zoroark would be a great non-ex attacker, and provide switching utility.

DERP. I was clearly thinking about some other Bronzong entirely when I made that comment.

Let the record show that the witness made the ‘drinky-drinky’ motion.

Hey readers, this is Waffles162 here and I made a Mega Mewtwo Y Fairies deck to show you. If you have anything you think should be different, let me know in the comments!
Pokemon: 15
3x Mewtwo EX (photon wave)
3x Mega Mewtwo EX (Y)
3x Xerneas XY Base
2x Spritzee XY Base
2x Aromatisse XY Base
1x Jirachi XY PRMO 62
1x Shaymin EX RS

Trainers: 32
3x Professor Sycamore
3x Shauna
1x Skyla
1x Bridgette
1x Lyssandre
3x Ultra Ball
2x Level Ball
2x Trainers’ Mail
3x Mega Turbo
1x Energy Retrieval
1x Super Rod
1x Professor’s Letter
1x Enhanced Hammer(kinda wanna change this)
2x Vs. Seeker
3x Mewtwo Spirit Link
4x Fairy Garden

Energy: 13
10x Fairy
3x DCE

I hope you like the profile and try it out! It does really well and sets up fast.