M Mewtwo-EX (Y) Variants // XY-on 2016

Um, yeah OF COURSE :smirk: (just kidding). I brought up Aegislash to be used as a way to soak up and prevent DAMAGE. Any other card wouldn’t be able to stop a Quaking Punch, without a coin flip (Malamar). I not big on coin flips, it’s just not my playstyle. Besides, Quaking Punch doesn’t destroy you, and if you are playing against Giratina, you are already at a disadvantage because of Renegade Pulse. I personally won’t be using either, but each has their pros and cons.

I’d keep in mind that Malamar stops quaking punch on a coin flip, and requires a consistent stream of energy, which is heard to do under quaking punch lock.

Here’s my list! (I really like this and am planning on playing it for Regionals)
3 Mewtwo EX (Shatter Shot)
3 M Mewtwo EX (Psychic Infinity)
3 Xerneas XY
3 Spritzee XY
3 Aromatisse XY
1 Hoopa EX
2 Shaymin EX
1 Florges EX
=19
10 Fairy Energy
2 DCE
=12
3 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
4 Vs. Seeker
1 Energy Recycler
4 Professor Sycamore
3 AZ
2 Professor Birch’s Observations
2 Shauna
1 Lysandre
4 Fairy Garden
=29
Any good?

Why?
That is definitely not necessary.

Good list but a few things.
-1 Florges EX (Baby Xerneas is better)
-1 Energy Recycler (Mega Turbo would be better imo)
-2 Shauna (Birch is Better)
+2 or 3 Mega Turbo
+1 Lysandre (Two in every deck period)
+1 Xerneas (If you chose 2 mega turbo)

Remember, Florges does more damage if you have fairy Pokemon benched. So its impossible to do good damage with it if you have a field full of Mewtwo

You’re playing the wrong Mewtwo. Photon Wave Mewtwo can actually attack. Also maxing out on Ultra Ball should really be a priority for you.

I like Xerneas ex over Florges. It does somewhat more damage and the 10 HP difference really does matter.

I like 4 Ultra Ball in here, unless your Hoopa helps a lot n getting Mewtwo out as fast as possible.

I prefer Super Rod. You can recycle Spritzee and Arromatisse and energy all at once.

If you are going to consistently set up another Mewtwo each time you AZ, you will need 4 Spirit Links because they will keep getting discarded. Although I don’t know what to take out for another Spirit Link…

Isnt legal for the next few regionals right?
Especially Sutton

Metal and mewtwo is the best variant I’d say, I played online with it some, and it does pretty well

That it’s good I won’t deny, but I think M Mewtwo (Y) has an auto loss to extremely unfavorable match up in Night March.

It also loses hard to Vespiquen and Mienshao.

1. I only have Shatter Shock Mewtwos.
  2. I don’t have any Xerneas EX, but I have 4 Florges EX. (3 are full art)
  3. I’d definitely play a healing card other than AZ, but there is no space in my deck for a 4th Spirit Link.
  4. I agree: -2 Shauna
    +2 Birch

What about when you put in aiegslash and heatran

Aegislash wont do anything they have basic energies and you can’t one who pumpkaboos plus they have lysandre
I don’t see how heatran will help one bit and we dont have metal energy in here

I’m saying in metal mewtwo, aeigslash can one hit pumpkaboo with metal and and also you can lysandre their Pokemon with basic energy attached as in standard, there is no way to power up a night marcher in one turn with basic energys (unless playing bronzong), and heatran serves as a one prize attacker.

Any general skeleton list for Metal Mewy as I don’t know how thick of a line is necessary?

Aegislash is solid (ok, it’s REALLY good), but I personally think 1-2 copies of the new blister pack promo Jirachi would be better than Heatran.

You do have a point there actually.

Yeah, true. Actually, why not run BOTH Aegislash and Malamar? :smiley:

Or Jirachi XY-P. It’s really solid as a counter

Fairy skeleton:
3-3 M Mewtwo Y
3-2 or 3 Aromatisse
3 or 4 Xerneas

3 or 4 Mewtwo Spirit Link
4 Ultra Ball
4 Professor Sycamore
4 VS Seeker
4 Fairy Garden
1 Super Rod

8 Fairy Energy
4 DCE

Metal Skeleton:
3-3 M Mewtwo ex Y
4-3 Bronzong
1 or more Aegislash ex

3 or 4 Mewtwo Spirit Link
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 or 4 Battle Compressor
4 Ultra Ball
3 o 4 Skyfield
1 Super Rod
4 Professor Sycamore

7 Metal Energy
4 DCE

I didn’t know which version you wanted so I put both. These are Mewtwo skeleton. I didn’t put cards like Shaymin and techs in because the rest should probably be up to you.’

FYI, the Fairy Energy count is if there are no attackers that need rainbow energy.