M Mewtwo-EX (Y) Variants // XY-on 2016

Hello everyone! M Mewtwo EX (Y) is an interesting card. Some think it’s strong, some think it’s weak, personally, I think it’s quite balanced due to M Mewtwo not hitting for weakness.

Pokémon: 17
3 Mewtwo EX [Shatter Shot]
3 M Mewtwo EX [Psychic Infinity]
3 Xerneas XY
2 Spritzee FLF
2 Aromatisse XY
2 Shaymin EX
1 Jirachi [XY Promo; Stardust]
1 Florges EX

Energy: 14
14 Fairy energy

Trainers: 29
3 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
4 Mewtwo Spirit Link
2 Professor’s Letter
4 VS seeker
1 Energy Recycler
3 Sycamore
3 AZ
2 Birch
1 Shauna
1 Lysandre
3 Fairy Garden

Strategy: Xerneas is your preferred Starter, using Geomancy to pull energy out of your deck and onto Mewtwo while you charge up Mewtwo on the bench, similarly to the M Gardevoir decks of the past. From there, you use Psychic Infinity for most of the game. Aromatisse is here so you only have the smallest amount of energy to take a KO so you don’t lose a lot of it in one swing. With Aromatisse, you can move the energy off of a damaged M Mewtwo, use AZ to pick it up and heal off damage, and then have another one ready to go. Stardust Jirachi and Florges-EX are here to help deal with Giratina-EX.

Any thoughts?

Mega Mewtwo y Damage change with break through legal
Mega Mewtwo Y Fairies

I would definitely add in at least 2 dces, if not max out on them, as it heavily boosts the amount of damage Mewtwo can do. Sure if you AZ, you lose the dce, but you also lose the spirit link and can’t attack with that Mewtwo that turn (you wouldn’t be able to attack regardless because you can’t evolve in one turn). Otherwise good list, but it would be nice to have some Mega Turbos too for an extra burst of damage. I will post a speed Mewtwo list I made soon :smile:

Yup, i knew someone would make a thread b4 me, well, here goes nothin,

3 Mewtwo EX (Photon Wave)
3 M Mewtwo EX (Psychic Infinity)
4 Xerneas XY
2 Spritzee XY
2 Aromatisse XY
1 Jirachi XY67 (Stardust)
2 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Florges EX (not really the best but is the only decent Fairy Attacker)

4 Professor Sycamore
2 Professor Birch’s Observations
2 AZ
1 Lysandre
4 VS Seeker
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Energy Recycler
3 Ultra Ball
4 Mewtwo Spirit Link
3 Fairy Garden
2 Trainer’s Mail
3 Mega Turbo

10 Fairy Energy
2 DCE

My list is a little compact, but still not perfect, please give advice

Oh Yeah, about that, I like it better thatn shatter shock because he can only do a max of 0 in this deck

The text is

[P] Shatter Shock 30x
This attack does 30 times the amount of PSYCHIC energy attached to THIS pokemon.

Plus, u never will be able to attack with MMewtwo EX t2, (like, on YOUR first turn)

What is this for?

Xerneas ex is better.

You only really need two if you have xerneas XY and dce.

I only like no less than 3 trainers mail if any in a deck.

You need four. Period.

Like mega ray, you will never need four.

Again, four.

Super Rod has more use. But this works fine, too. Whichever you prefer, I guess.

[C] Stardust 10
Discard a special energy card attached to your opponent’s active Pokémon. If you do, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent’s next turn.

I’m pretty sure it’s here to help fight Giratina.

But baby xerneas could do that job. It one-shots Giratina.

Baby Xerneas takes 3 energy and requires you to discard one of them. If anything, jirachi’s just a backup. That, and it can buy you a turn against almost any deck in the format, except for maybe Mega Manectric.

Three energy is nothing when you have kik 10 on the field. It’s also unlikely that you’ll lose all three because what other attackers in the same Dec as Giratina will be able to one who it besides tyrantrum, and that discards energies of its own and has weakness to xerneas/xerneas ex as well.

I like the lists, somewhat.
I think fairy is maybe the best engine right now tbh.
Xerneas > Jirachi, agree with @jirachi123 to deal with Giratina, just one shot it with Xerneas discarding 1 energy is no cost at all in this deck when energy is so flexible.
I like the 4 Mewtwo Spirit Link to 3-3 M Mewtwo Line, It gives you the option of the AZ, with 3 played in the deck.
I don’t like Florges EX as a card, I think there is better options. What about 1 Aigeslash EX?

Agreed.

If florges ex whole point is to counter giratina, take it away and add another xerneas, florges can’t really one shot anyways as you need you bench filled, and adding another xerneas does even more for your consistency. Also maybe a hoopa to get you set up for the geomancy.

Yeah, I was just SUPER tired when i posted last night, plus, there was no testing involved, i will test today after school. I will give results later.

The problem with Aegislash is you are only ever going to be doing 40 damage with it. Florges has the options to oneshot Giratina, and Jirachi while it does just 10 damage, discards an energy, offering some disruption, and makes itself invincible during your opponent’s next turn. But then again, this is an aromatisse deck. You can really just run whatever you like.

I didnt directly mean Aigeslash to deal with Giratina, I suggested Xerneas to do that job.
I mean it’s a good Monster to play but not really for attacking.
For it’s ability.

I would run 4 Professor Sycamore, 2 Lysandre, a Malamar EX, and a Super Rod over Energy Recycler, the 3rd AZ, and 2 Fairy Energy.

Sleep does nothing when the affected Pokemon doesn’t even get a chance to wake up.

Malamar is insurance, like maybe for against other M Mewtwo-EX (Y) decks, or to stall in case you get a bad start.

I like Mar, but if you want something to stall, the previously mentioned Aegislash is probably the better option (because most of the best, poplar decks right now are running some sort of special energy).

Malamar is generally a good one-of in a fairy deck.
But what will you use Aegi for? There is Hex Maniac which is easily accessible with VS Seeker, both of which are staples in most decks. Honestly, the best count to other M Mewtwo Y decks is to use another viable physic-type attacker, of which there is no shortage.

With Aegislash, he prevents only CERTAIN attacks from going through; Malamar can stop those attacks altogether. Plus, can Aegislash prevent Seismitoad from using Quaking Punch just for the side effect, or Giratina too? (hint, hint)

(No hard feelings or rude intentions; just trying to get my point across.)