M Manectric-EX Variants // XY-on 2016

This is my current build for M Manectric-Ex XY-on 2016

The deck plays quite nicely, here is some reasoning behind some cards;

4-3 Manectric Line - I want to open Manectric-Ex as early as possible.
1 Hoopa-Ex - This makes setting up much faster off a single Ultra Ball
1 Articuno - This is for decks with low hp or to finish off an Ex ( I go on the assumption I will flip heads 1/3 so I do not rely on this card. 1 head flip + Muscle band = 80dmg which is normally enough).
1 Regice - This is for Ex heavy decks and can act as a nice non ex hitter (e.g. with muscle band, can ohko Raichu / Vespiquen and make a 7 prize game)

Items are kind of standard;
1 Ace Trainer - It is a good card but I feel that it could be replaced, maybe with an extra AZ?
2 Trainers Mail - This doesn’t do a great deal imo, its good for searching for supporters and spirits links but could be replaced with something else.

Typical issues with the deck could be starting with a Pokemon with a high retreat and struggling to find the AZ or Switch. Super Scoop Ups could be added and could be the correct move however I have bad luck and do not hit the heads when needed, would rather have consistency.

The general aim of this deck is to apply early pressure (when possible) with M Manectric-Ex and power up more Manectrics on the bench. The ideal situation is to have at least 2 M Manectric-Ex all set up with possibly an alternative attacker such as Articuno or Regice and constantly switch between the attackers while healing as much damage as possible with the stadium.

I welcome everyone’s opinion on this deck as I would like to make this as consistent as possible. :smile:

1 Like

How does everyone feel about this?:
4-3 M Manectric ex
3-2-2 Vileplume
1 Any one of the Regis AOR
2 Shaymin ex
1 Hoopa ex

4 Professor Juniper
2 AZ
1 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre

4 Trainers Mail
2 Battle Compressor
4 Ultra Ball
2 Head Ringer
3 Manectric Spirit Link
3 VS Seeker
3 Switch

3 Forest of Giant Plants

6 Lightning Energy
3 Energy same type as the Regi you chose.

Turn 3 Vileplume at best doesn’t seem that useful…

With forest of giant plants maybe…

1 Like

I assume you meant to say 6 Electric energy and 3 of the same type as regi. that or you can"t attack with manectric.

1 Like

http://assets23.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/pdf/trading-card-game/rulebook/xy5-rulebook-en.pdf

Page 4 it says Lightning Energy.

Also back on topic. @jirachi123 I like the list but I would take out a Battle Compressor fr anther Regi. I just don’t think that one Regi will suffice.

1 Like

Your main attacker is mega Manny. Taking out a battle compressor for another attacker makes turbo bolt worse and by adding in another regi I would need another energy.

Still debating on which regi I should use though. Regice and Registeel are good against Giratina and Mega Sceptile, Regirock I good against T-Tar, and Registeel is is good against Toad.

Regice is the way to go :wink: It is good against all the cards you mentioned.

2 Likes

Any effective Vespiquen counter for M Manectric-EX / Water? I can never flip more than 1 heads with Articuno :confused:

1 Like

M Manectric is the counter. Can’t really be OHKO’ed by it, OHKO’ing in return, and can always just Lysandre Shaymins for easy win.

1 Like

I know it’s lightning energy, I usually say electric because a lot of people don’t know its lightning not electric, also the only reason I said that was he had 6 water energy put down and I wanted him to be aware of that. just trying to be helpful. :smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, i’m actually running this decklist, but doesn’t always give me good results, it’s a little bit different from what everyone has posted, but I really think it’s in the good way just need some adjusts

DECKLIST

Pokémon - 11

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
3 Manectric-EX PHF 23
2 M Manectric-EX PHF 24
2 Regice AOR 24
2 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 37

3 Rough Seas PRC 137
3 Trainers’ Mail ROS 92
2 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Professor’s Letter XY 123
1 Switch ROS 91
3 Manectric Spirit Link PHF 100
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Head Ringer Team Flare Hyper Gear PHF 97
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
3 Professor Birch’s Observations PRC 134
2 Dive Ball PRC 125
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
3 Muscle Band XY 121
3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
1 Shauna XY 127
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 12

3 Water Energy XY 134
5 Lightning Energy XY 135
4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

Total Cards - 60

I think a 4-3 or 3-3 line of Manectric EX, and maybe -2 battle compressors idk

I really like DCE/MManectric…lock them early with Toad if they get a bad start, take out small things with Manectric and Lugia, and just wall with MManectric.

4-3 Mega Manny
1 Heatran
2 Aegislash ex
2 Shaymin ex
1 Hoopa ex
2 Unown
1 Registeel

4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
2 Battle Compressor
2 Switch
2 Head Ringer
3 Manectric Spirit Link
2 Muscle Band
3 Trainers Mail

4 Professor Juniper
2 Lysandre
2 AZ
1 Pokemon Center Lady

3 Rough Seas

6 Lightning Energy
4 Metal Energy
Thoughts?

Sycamore as your only draw Supporter. That ought to run well :wink:

1 Like

Well he has 4 juniper (I think he meant sycamore) plus some other outs too:
2 Shaymin, 1 Hoopa, 2 Unown, 4 Ultra Ball, 3 Trainers Mail and 2 battle compressor + 4 vs seeker [and 2 az coupled with the hoopa/shaymin] - Counting from shaymin to the mail thats 12ish relatively consistent consistency cards

Anyhow - Its an interesting deck. Why center lady if I may ask by the way? AZ does a similar job and without the threat of laserbank, maybe a shauna/birch would be a better choice here

Also what do you think of the unowns? Dont you think maybe birches/shaunas would be better choice there perhaps - since you do have limited bench space still

2 Likes

Sycamore I a perfectly fine supporter. With 4 VS Seeker and 2 Battle Conpressor I can easily play one each turn.

Unless you’re Item locked, in which case you’re top decking your way through the game.

But I sympathize. XY-on Supporter line up is so horrible that it forces people to run this way.

3 Likes

Battle Compressor usually wont B played after turn three.

This is a list I started playing yesterday, with some decent success on PTCGO. Tournaments went as follows: 1st, 3rd/4th, 3rd/4th, 1st, 2nd. Obviously not an optimal build… I’m leaning towards more hammers. Let me know what you all think, I’m looking forward to hearing your opinions. Thanks!

3 Manectric EX
3 M Man
2 Seismitoad EX
1 Hoopa EX
1 Shaymin
2 Regice

3 Ultra Ball
2 Battle compressor
2 Muscle Band
4 VS Seeker
2 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhanced Hammer
3 HeadRinger
3 Mane Spirit Link
1 Trainer’s Mail
3 Rough Seas

2 Lysandre
3 Birch Observations
1 AZ
1 Ace Trainer
3 Prof Sycamore

4 DCE
5 Lightning
1 Flash Energy
3 Water

The >4 Special energy scares me, especially in a MMan deck. If you REALLY are scared of Fighting, then you can just play heavy Toad stuff (hammers, Head Ringers, Stadiums, Lysandres, Xerosics, Grunts, and anything I can’t remember)