M Manectric-EX Variants // BLW-on 2016

not sure why you would even consider entei and fire over regice/articuno with water, enter doesn’t help you that much in the bees match up and considering that bees is the deck to beat in expanded being able to take two sizes off a bee with articuno is unreal

Wow, I completely overlooked that… Also forgot Articuno is “ice” so its weakness it metal. Nice. Soooo new list is:

2 Regice
2 Articuno
3 Manectric-EX PHF 23
3 M Manectric-EX PHF 24
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
2 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

1 Max Potion EPO 94
4 Rough Seas PRC 137
1 Professor’s Letter XY 123
2 Lysandre FLF 90
2 N DEX 96
4 Manectric Spirit Link PHF 100
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Switch ROS 91
1 AZ PHF 91
4 Professor Birch’s Observations PRC 134
2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Muscle Band XY 121
2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
3 VS Seeker PHF 109

2 Double Colorless Energy XY 130
6 Lightning Energy
4 Water

Small concern is that Hoopa-EX wastes my bench space and often gets Lysandre’d and OHKO’d for weakness. I use it every game and get a perfect bench setup turn 1-2. Can’t decide if this is worth it or not. I could AZ/Scoop him, but I often need the supporter that turn for other things.

Fire’s good, but for me it’s more for Pyroar PHF. Vesqpiquen isn’t really a deck that can Hex Maniac every turn, as it tends to want to Blacksmith and Sycamore, so you can Flare Command most times, I would think. However, Entei I don’t think would be very good.

Everything is pretty solid with this new list, I’m just still having trouble against Lucario. Without my Turbo Bolt acceleration, the deck feels wonky.

You’re trying to do a little too much here when you add in Seis-EX and Enhanced Hammers. Since this is the BLW-on format, I’d go with:

-2 Seismitoad EX

• 1 Articuno
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 4 Professor Birch’s Observation
  • 1 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 1 AZ

+1 Raikou BKT

• 1 Jirachi XY67
  • 1 VS Seeker
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Ghetsis
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Max Potion or Shaymin-EX

This is just a rough estimate of what I’d most likely go into a match feeling confident with. Perhaps the deck was feeling wonky because there weren’t enough ways to get the cards you wanted, whether it was because of 3 VS Seekers or 3 Ultra Balls, 2 Sycamores and unnecessary cards that weren’t accomplishing your ultimate goal (setup M Manectric EX and spread energy).

There were a couple of Manectric-EX/Trubbish Tool-Drop decks that performed exceptionally well at Regionals. I’d look into that deck if you’re worried about Lucario-EX.

See, I really need somebody to explain the 4x Sycamore playstyle to me. I understand hand resetting [every] turn, but like… I’m throwing out very valuable cards very often. Or are you just holding onto everything until you can discard only energies/supporters?
Also, if I remove Seismitoad, shouldn’t I remove the DCE’s also? And on that note - Seismitoad is working surprisingly well for me. I can wall with Seismitoad if I get in trouble, and he can stall any deck that’s faster than me. Also if I lose the AZ, is it that safe/normal to just let Hoopa sit there for the entire game?

It sounds odd, but you learn to deal with it. If to do so would lose you the game, you can always Birch.

After tons of testing and hours of league play, here’s my final list:

Pokémon - 12

3 Manectric-EX PHF 23
3 M Manectric-EX PHF 24
1 Hoopa-EX
1 Articuno ROS 17
2 Regice AOR 24
2 Jirachi XY 62 (Promo)

Trainer Cards - 37

2 Max Potion EPO 94
4 Rough Seas PRC 137
1 Professor’s Letter XY 123
2 Lysandre FLF 90
3 N DEX 96
3 Manectric Spirit Link PHF 100
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Switch ROS 91
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Muscle Band XY 121
3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 Skyla

Energy - 12

6 Lightning Energy
4 Water Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy

Hoopa isn’t very consistent, and he’s still there from when I ran more EX Pokemon, so I want to cut him.
I want to add a Ghetsis.
I feel like 4 ultra balls is way too much, as I’m resetting my hand every turn anyway (also one ultra ball for hoopa gets me the majority of my Pokemon I need for setup.)
I feel like I should be getting a turn 2 mega man, but it’s not very often that happens. I need some pointers from m-man players. I have 5 days till cities.

The deck I played against to get second at cities ran Mega turbo, both games he set up T2. Expanded

How many? 2-3? What else was he playing with Mega Manectric?

You need to be playing at least 2 Shaymin. Also, DCE isn’t all that great in this deck.

I always play two shaymin but in this deck it really clogs up bench space. Should I take something out to make room for AZ/scoops?

Also I agree about the DCE. I wanted them out, but they make Regice ready much faster. I’ll take them out and add two water.

Is it legal to Turbo Bolt only one energy? TCGO doesn’t let you if there are at least two available.
I’m asking because the 3 energy cost is weird if I have to put 4 on Regice.

If you have two, you must attach two with turbo bolt. Also, if bench management is your problem, then you need to reflect a bit more on resource management. You need shaymins. Also, if you’re playing expanded, Manectric/Garbodor/Wobbuffet is hands down the best variant.

Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to pick up the necessary garbodors. Also is Wob just the backup attacker in that deck? Turbo bolt into wobuffet? If I can scrounge up those Garbo’s, would the lineup be 3-3 m-man, 3-3 garbodor, and 4 wobuffets? And that’s it? Float stones and hammers? Or Laserbank, orrrrrrr?
I’ve always loved garbodor laserbank.

no, rough seas is a must in m manectric. Your pokemon lineup needs to be 4-3 manectric, 4 tool drop trubbish, 2 garbodor (drx), 4 wobbuffet, 1 hoopa-ex, 1 Shaymin-ex. Trubbish is your backup attacker

Okay, yeah that’s the lineup I made online. It’s pretty nice. If I had time I’d probably play it. Well, wish me luck! :smile:

Its was 2 M Turbo, 4-3 Mega man, 2 regice, 1 articuno, 1 jirachi and 3 shaymin ex jirach.

That sounds just horrid.

Just got home from Cities. I placed 5th, though they only did a top 4. I don’t have names or decklists of anyone above me, but let’s just say every single deck except for 3-4 was Seismitoad/Bats/Laserbank. Swiss rounds were single-match.

Round 1: Seismitoad/Bats/Laserbank/Shaymin/Scoops

• Opponent hit every card he needed, including 2 Shaymin, a Seismitoad, and 3 Zubats on turn 1. DCE/Muscle Band and Hypnotoxic laser.
  • I start on a Jirachi, all I get is a Manectric-EX from an Ultra Ball. I whiff a supporter AND an energy.
  • Opponent takes the knockout on the Jirachi with 3 Golbats, and the item lock begins. I literally can’t recover and he wins next turn.

Round 2: Seismitoad/Shaymin/Bats/Hammers

• I go first, get the perfect setup.
  • Opponent N’s my hand into 5 item cards + Jirachi. Basically continues to hit heads on every hammer and uses Team Flare Grunt every turn after that. I lose.

Round 3: MegaRay/Shaymin/Water techs/1x Seismitoad

• I get a M-man T2 and turbo bolt a Rayquaza, setting up an Articuno
  • Opponent whiffs everything and passes his turn
  • OHKO on one of his random water-techs (I don’t remember what it was, but it had 90 health)
  • Opponent only has a Rayquaza left. He mega-evolves with no spirit link to end his turn.
  • I hit 3 heads with Articuno two turns in a row for the 3 prize cards.

Round 4: Sigilyph/Deoxys/M-Kangaskhan/?

• My opponent is the grandmother of a child playing in Juniors.
    Yeah.
    2-2

Round 5: Giratina/Keldeo/Aegislash-EX/Cobalion-EX/Tyrantrum-EX/Bronzong

• Basically my opponent is setting up pretty quickly, moving around with Keldeo and 4 Float Stones. Plenty of Battle Compressor’s going around, 2 Bronzongs T3.
  • I am spamming Turbo Bolt on Keldeo/Hoopa/Aegislash. Opponent is playing Sky Field with 2 Shaymin, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, 2 Bronzong, Hoopa, Giratina and a Keldeo out.
  • I can see all of my kills on the board, and I patiently sit a Jirachi, discarding anything I can. I Lysandre 3 turns in a row to clear his DDE’s to make sure he doesn’t take out any of my M-man’s.
  • I misplay VERY VERY badly - I replace his Skyfield with Rough Seas to start healing, and he discards both shaymin and the Hoopa, leaving only Giratina with 110 damage on it. He has 1 prize card left and I have 3.
  • I manage to recover by continuing to stall and he eventually gets down to 1 card by looking for a DDE.
  • Turn 0 is called on my turn, I Lysandre for his Giratina, retreat into Articuno, and the entire game is up to my dice. I hit 3 heads and take all 3 prize cards for the win.

Here’s my actual final list:

3 Manectric-EX
3 M Manectric-EX
1 Articuno
2 Regice
2 Jirachi
1 Raikou

4 VS Seeker
4 Sycamore
3 N
1 Skyla
4 Ultra Ball
2 Trainer’s Mail
3 Manectric Spirit Link
2 Muscle Band
2 Lysandre
4 Rough Seas
1 Pokemon Center Lady
1 Max Potion
1 Hex Maniac
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Battle Compressor

7 Lightning
5 Water

Why Skyla? And why weren’t you playing Shaymin?