M Gardevoir-EX PRC variants // PRC-on

Mega Gardevoir is terrifying. Brilliant Arrow’s unlimited damage cap in combination with Max Elixir, Mega Turbo, and Geomancy leads to quick, heavy attacks.

Pokémon: 15
4 Xerneas STS
4 Gardevoir-EX (I play the PRC one but ultimately it doesn’t make much of a difference)
3 M Gardevoir-EX PRC
1 M Gardevoir-ES STS (Hits Mewtwo for weakness while also taking a very low amount of energy)
2 Shaymin-EX
1 Hoopa-EX

Energy: 11
11 Fairy Energy

Trainers: 33
3 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Ninja Boy
4 VS Seeker
4 Gardevoir Spirit Link
3 Ultra Ball
3 Trainers’ Mail
3 Max Elixir
3 Mega Turbo
1 Super Rod
3 Fairy Garden

Here’s my current list. The idea is to use Max Elixirs and Geomancy to put a lot of energy in play, and then win the game in as few attacks as possible.

1 Like

Have you considered running xerneas break? It helps as a 1 prize attacker. Along with that you really only need a 2-1 split of mega gardevoir, favoring brilliant arrow. Also your trainer line is a bit funny (3 ultra ball, 3 sycamore while playing 3 N).

• 1 mega gardevoir (brilliant arrow)
    -1 N
    -1 mega turbo
    -1 spirit link
    -1 ninja boy
    -1 lysandre

+1 sycamore
+1 max elixir
+1 ultra ball
+2 xerneas break
+1 trainers’ mail

3 Likes

I’m considering coming back to the game (once again!) and of course I’d be looking to play M-Gardy again.

A friend sent me the following list, what do you guys think of it? I realize it’s similar to the OP’s list I don’t feel confident enough to attempt to improve his as I just came back to the game.

Pokemon (13)
3x Gardevoir-EX
2x M-Gardevoir-EX PRC
1x M-Gardevoir-EX STS
4x Xerneas (Geomancy)
2x Shaymin-EX
1x Hoopa-EX

Trainers (35)
4x Professor Sycamore
2x N
2x Lysandre
1x Hex Maniac
1x Ninja Boy
4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
4x Trainers’ Mail
4x Max Elixir
1x Super Rod
3x Gardevoir Spirit Link
4x Fairy Garden
1x Parallel City

And 12 Fairy Energy.

The questions I’d like to ask the most are:

• What does Ninja Boy mainly do? Is he there to make T1 Xerneas more likely? Most of his other uses feel somewhat lacking, like using Ninja Boy to swap out to a Shaymin-EX and use Sky Return when your Gardevoir-EX is injured

• Is Parallel City even worth it? I’d figure its main use is dumping your Shaymins and Hoopas which is great, and as a bonus it reduces Greninja’s damage and serves to hinder M-Ray, but is that really worth ditching your own Fairy Garden for, or running it over i.e. a Mega Turbo?

• Is there no way to make Max Potion/AZ work in this deck anymore?

Thank you for your time. I was sad to hear that Aromatisse was gone, hopefully she’ll be reprinted at some point because I really liked the defensive playstyle of the old Gardevoir.

1 Like

Well, Az is rotated, and parallel city can be used against Vespiquen, volcanion and greninja, as well as it’s used against m Ray. Also, you should cut a sycamore and fairy garden to run mega turbo. Hope this helped.

Ninja Boy is an excellent card with many uses. For one you didn’t mention already, suppose you played down a Shaymin to your bench to Set Up, but now it’s a sitting duck that’ll be easily KOed next turn. Ninja Boy and turn it into something useful instead, like a Regirock promo or whatever else you need. If you make it a Regirock, now it can sit safely on the bench and collect energy until you need to turn it into something else later with another Ninja Boy – Gardevoir (which can now immediately mega evolve), Xerneas (which can now immediately BREAK evolve), Lugia, whatever. Now you have a useful Pokemon on your bench, and a Shaymin back in your deck to be used again later.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the advice! I’m hesitant to cut Sycamore, a consistency card, for Mega Turbo, but I’ll give it a try. I completely forgot that AZ rotated, and Parallel City definitely seems more helpful than I thought it was, I’ll try it at 1.

Hey, thanks for the information. I didn’t know Pokemon can immediately evolve after being put into play with Ninja Boy, that definitely makes it better. I thought it was essentially a different version of Cassius / AZ in that it gets a Pokemon out of your bench and then automatically plays another, while keeping energies and damage counters, which seemed terrible at first as Aromatisse has rotated and you can’t Max Potion to save a potentially damaged Pokemon. I still don’t think it’s amazing, but I can definitely see why people run it, I’ll try it out myself.

Now thinking about it, maybe cutting sycamore isn’t the best thing to do, but mega turbo is important and I don’t know what else you’d cut for two mega turbo.

The only cards I can see in the list that I feel I could cut would be Ninja Boy, Parallel City and maybe 1 energy. Though I think with the 4 Trainers’ Mail and 4 Ultra Balls for Shaymin, maybe going down to 3 Sycamore isn’t the end of the world.

1 Like

I topped my locals with a list similar to what I posted - 3x PRC M-Gardevoir since I don’t have the STS one and some minor trainer changes as I only have 2x Trainers’ Mail and 2x Max Elixir.

I’ve gotta say this deck looks like it’ll be really good in this meta since it’s so much slower without Night March and with Vespiquen not having access to Battle Compressor to destroy your Xerneas every turn starting T1. It has a god awful match-up against M-Ray for that very reason, and Vileplume makes your games painful and very top-deck reliant, but everything else is very manageable.

If I had to make a change to the list I posted, it’d be cutting Parallel City for a Pokemon Ranger or a second Hex Maniac. Frankly the M-Ray match-up is so bad that I don’t feel even running 4x Parallel City would save it, so you’re only running it to ditch Shaymin and Hoopa, which STS M-Gardevoir can do anyway, and to reduce Vespiquen and Greninja’s damage, which is frankly not worth it as they can very commonly respond with stadiums of their own to negate that effect. Pokemon Ranger on the other hand lets you drop stadiums after getting hit by Giratina, which can save your life.

1 Like

I’ve been having success with this list:

14 Pokémon

3 Gardevoir EX STS
2 M Gardevoir EX PRC
1 M Gardevoir EX STS
4 Xerneas STS
1 Xerneas BREAK
2 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Hoopa EX AOR

34 Trainers

4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Pokémon Ranger

4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer’s Mail
4 Max Elixir
1 Super Rod

3 Gardevoir Spirit Link

4 Fairy Garden

12 Fairy Energy

I love this deck. Seem to get a brilliant arrow KO turn 2 if I go second and turn 3 if I go first seemingly every time thanks to Max elixir. Struggle against Scizor obviously but I can usually OHKO them back and lysandre-despair Ray on a hoopa late game is legit.

Hey, I see that essentially the only difference in our decks is that you’re running Xerneas BREAK over a Ninja Boy. How’s he working out for you?

I feel like he does the same thing as regular Xerneas (Deal with Safeguard [Carbink?] and Giratina) but his damage output is kinda low. You need 9 energies to OHKO EXes or 11 if they have FFB, so really anything with higher than 120 HP kind of walls him.

Plus the discard on regular Xerneas isn’t too bad if you opt to run Mega Turbo.

My son (Jack, 7 years old) has done very well with a M Gardevoir variant that takes advantage of Xerneas BREAK. We run the following Pokémon line:

15 Pokémon

2 Gardevoir EX PRC
1 Gardevoir EX STS
2 M Gardevoir EX PRC
1 M Gardevoir EX STS
4 Xerneas STS
3 Xerneas BREAK
1 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Hoopa EX AOR

The advantage of playing Xerneas BREAK is twofold. First, it can take advantage of DCE (while M Gardevoir only uses Fairy Energy for damage calculation), and second, it tips the prize trade in your favor while you power up your benched Gardevoir EX with Max Elixirs.

The one problem I’ve had is that Jack hates to use Professor Sycamore, so I’m running the deck with only 1 Prof. Sycamore and 2 Prof. Birch’s Observations. Oddly enough, we haven’t run into many problems in terms of drawing dead despite this and despite playing only a single Shaymin.

Any ideas on the best possible Trainer lineup for this variant, given that we play with 12 Fairy & 2 DCE? That leaves 31 spots for Trainers.

Thanks.

It’s not a matter of drawing dead, it’s a matter of drawing quickly enough. Have you guys been playing against decent players with meta decks? If so, cool! If not, then you’re really just testing whether or not you draw dead, which seems like you’ve taken care of. I’ve had this problem before, thinking “Why don’t I play 4 Skyla in Night March? It gets me access to anything I need, I won’t draw dead, and I don’t have to discard valuable cards with Professor Sycamore!”, and I don’t want to see other people wasting time on this path.

1 Like

Perhaps consider a Giratina-EX so that you could use DDE in stead of DCE?

1 Like

We don’t play many meta decks, so I’m trying to get him to practice on Pokemon TCGO. Are there a ton of 7-year-olds playing meta decks such that Jack will get crushed for playing this variant?

Looking to take a consistent list to Liverpool Regionals this weekend, what do you think?

4 Gardevoir EX
3 M Gardevoir EX
4 Shaymin EX
2 Hoopa EX
1 Mr Mime

4 Skyfield

4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers Mail
4 VS Seeker
4 Gardevoir Spirit Link
3 Mega Turbo
3 Escape Rope
2 Super Rod
1 Fairy Drop

2 Sycamore
2 N
2 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 Karen

8 Fairy Energy

That looks like a Steam Siege Mega Gardy build, I’m pretty sure this is a Primal Clash Mega Gardy thread but your list is very consistent nonetheless for Steam Siege Mega Gardy

3 Likes

I’m not REALLY liking the only 2 Sycamores, but I guess it is OK with all of those Hoopas and Shaymins.

Maybe Parallel City?

You shouldn’t really have more than five Pokemon on your bench after turn 2 or 3 since you can discard Shaymins for damage, so maybe swap one out for a Parallel City.