4 Dimensional Valley
1 Scoop Up Cyclone
Total Trainers-38

Energy
6 Psychic
2 Mystery
Total Energy-8

Strategy:
Forretress’s ability Thorn Tempest puts one damage counter on each of the opponents Pokemon when Pineco evolves into Forretress. M Gallade-EX’s Unwavering Blade does 110 damage and 30 damage to each of your opponents benched Pokemon that has a damage counter on it. So with Forretress putting a damage counter on each of your opponents Pokemon you can usually hit your opponents benched Pokemon for 30 damage setting up for KOs.

I said this to someone else and I’ll say it again: You don’t need 4 Mega Turbo’s if you’re using Dimension Valley. With just a 2 Energy attack cost, you’ll almost never run into a situation where you actually HAVE to Mega Turbo as a way of winning, which is why I only recommend 1 or 2 in the deck. As for other options, you could try Deoxys in here as a draw support card, and Overdrive Smash is incredibly good.

Has anyone considered Seismitoad EX/M-Gallde/Swellow XY? Instead of taking it fast and reckless, you item lock and spread damage using swellow’s drive off ability, and then finish them all with an unwavering blade.

I’ve tried it a few times with 2 copies of shaymin EX, and it seems to work fine

I’ll post a list if you guys are interested

I’m interested in a list; the deck sounds somewhat difficult to pull off, an EX, a Stage 1, and a different Mega are all needed for it run…

List:

2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
2 Taillow BCR
2 Swellow XY
2 Gallade EX
2 M-Gallade EX
3 Seismitoad EX

1 Computer Search
4 Crushing hammer
1 Escape rope
1 Mega turbo
4 super scoop up
4 ultra ball
3 VS seeker
1 Colress
2 Lysandre
1 Lysandre's Trump card
3 N
4 Juniper
4 Dimension valley (to keep up with stadium war; could be changed)
2 Float stone
3 Gallade Spirit link

4 DCE
4 psychic Energy

You know, a mew EX tech or a wobbefett tech is worth considering.

Its really not that hard to pull off thanks to float stone and scoop up shaymin

This is my first Six Prizes thread, so I may do something wrong.
Pokemon: 17
3 Gallade-EX
3 M Gallade-EX
2-2 Gliscor RSK
2-2 Banette RSK
3 Deoxys RSK
(Is it RSK? What are the initials for Roaring Skies?)

Trainers: 31
2 Professor Sycamore
2 Steven
1 Shauna
2 Lysandre
1 Lysandre’s Trump Card
2 Evosoda
3 VS Seeker
3 Ultra Ball
2 Mega Turbo
2 Switch
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Wally
1 Startling Megaphone
3 Gallade Spirit Link
4 Dimension Valley

Energy: 12
12 Psychic Energy

The correct abbreviation for roaring skies is ROS

I know Gallade EX doesn’t get much attention, but I was playing around with a variant here and was curious of other’s thoughts on it. I know with the lack of LTC, I have some retrieval cards in play, but there’s always room for improvement or switching out partners. Obviously, the idea is to soften the bench with Forretress (sometimes repeatedly), then hit all with M Gallade EX. SSU for “rinse and repeat” like bats, the difference here is that I’m hitting everyone. :wink:

Pokemon (15)
3 Gallade EX
3 M Gallade EX
3 PineCo
3 Fortress
2 Sigilyph
1 MewTwo EX

Energy (12)
10 Psychic
2 Double

Supporters (11)
2 Sycamore
2 Birch
3 N
2 Lysandre
2 Colress

Items (22)
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Dimension Valley
3 VS Seeker
2 Ultra Ball
2 Gallade Spirit Link
2 Trainer’s Mail
1 Repeat Ball
1 Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Scoop Up Cyclone

I’m wondering if this is indeed real or not, but didn’t Gallade win Burlington regionals?
EDIT: Nope Burlington Regionals didn’t exist :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Mega Gallade has the potential to be very good. I think just trying to find a fast, consistent list is the problem. I think partnering it with bats and absol ROS could make it really good.

Here’s my list
3x Gallade Ex
3x Mega Galladee Ex
4x Zubat
4x Golbat
3x Crobat
1x Sigilph
2x Absol ROS

4x N
4x Juniper
2x Colress
1x Lysandre

3x Dimension Valley

4x Ultra Ball
3x Spirit Link
3x VS Seeker
2x Energy Switch
1x Scoop Up Cyclone
3x Mega Turbo

4x Mystery Energy
7x Psychic

It’s a pretty solid list, not too many surprises but consistent as hell

No SSU? I see the Ace Spec, but once they’re down they’re down? I guess I’ll just have to try this version to see how it plays versus the Forretress version. I guess the nice thing about the bats version is that with the exception of Absol, it’s all Psychic, and if a Golbat gets promoted to Active for a reason, and DM is the stadium, you can use Swoop Across for free.

I forgot about Mystery Energy, :stuck_out_tongue: I haven’t played a Psychic-focused deck, well, ever. :wink:

In testing so far, I like Bats over Forrettress, and Wobbuffet over Absol. Wobb is an ideal starter to slow down Shaymin and also cleans up the M Gallade damage very well. Mystery Energy and Dimension Valley combo well here.

So I tried @I_Heard_You_Like_Mudkips 's list on TCGO (replaced Absol w/ Wobbuffets), and I noticed that if you have a bad start, there aren’t many cards that you can pivot to like an Ultra Ball > Jirachi EX (or Shaymin EX). Also, we only have (1) Trainer that does scooping, so once they’re down, they’re down. The Mystery Energy does help get things out of the Active position, so that is a plus.

Now, the pluses of the list are that he’s correct in saying it is consistent when the engine is running where you can stack damage on the opponent’s field to get key knockouts by softening them up. I was able in one shot to when the game by knocking out a Shaymin EX on the bench, a Phantump on the bench and one in the Active after softening up with Golbat and Crobat, in one Attack (4 prizes, 1 attack). This won’t happen often, unless there are lower HP bench sitters that have damage on them.

All this being said, it can be a powerful deck, but I believe that we need more outs to drawing while maintaining a bench of 5 or less. Whether that is less Mega Turbos or other cards, I’m not sure without testing many times more.

Thoughts?

Okay, so I’m just getting back in to the game, I haven’t really played since DEX. I took a look through cards and settled on a Gallade EX deck. Here’s the list I’ve thrown together, I have no idea if it’s any good or not, so I’d like some feedback:

Pokemon:
3-2 M Gallade EX
3-3 Gourgeist
2-2 Meowstic
2 Wobbuffet
1 Sigilyph

Supporters:
4 N
4 Colress
2 Shauna
1 Wally
1 Steven
1 Xerosic
1 Lysandre

Items/Tools/Stadia:
3 Dimension Valley
1 Frozen City
1 Spirit Link
4 Trainers’ Mail
2 Evosoda
2 VS Seeker
1 Computer Search
1 Professor’s Letter
1 Switch

Energy:
8 Psychic Energy
4 Mystery Energy

Questions for people who are actually playing right now!

Pokemon: Is Wobuffet even necessary? I notice most of you don’t have it, are ability-based decks just less common than they were? Is Sigilyph necessary/good? I’m surprised to see nobody else running Gourgeist or Meowstic. Gourgeist has two nice attacks, and Meowstic is an absolute killer. I guess Gallade should be a 3-3 line?

T/S/S: What’s the right number of Dimension Valley and Spirit Link? Best ACE spec?

Energy: Is there a reason most people aren’t playing Mystery Energy. It seems really really good.

Thanks!

1 Like

Mystery energy is a lot easier to knock off a pokemon than a basic energy, E hammer and xerosic are added to C hammer and flare grunt

Here’s the decklist I’ve made with great success, in comparison to the forretress and Bats focused variants that pulled me down

2 Latios EX ROS
1 Shaymin EX
3-2 M-Gallade EX
1 Mew EX
1 Wobbefett
4-3-2 Bats line
1 Computer search
2 Mega turbo
2 Switch
2 Trainer’s Mail
4 Ultra Ball
3 VS seeker
1 Bianca
1 Lysandre
3 N
1 Shauna
4 Sycamore
3 Dimensional Valley
3 Gallade Spirit link
3 Muscle Band
8 Psychic Energy

Now you may be thinking I’m all over the place, but hear my reasoning

2 Latios EX
The one thing Gallade decks have missed are Early game pressure. Not only does this card win you cheap donks, but it also adds an extra traceable 40-60 damage to their active. This kind of power is usually marked by a card like mewtwo EX, but such a card requires DCE, or a single [P] Energy and a DM, but results in low early game damage output

1 Shaymin EX
Could Be jirachi, I find the supporter lineup is already consistent enough, so I’d rather have EXTRA drawpower

1 Mew EX.
What this deck NEEDS to be strong against is Night March. Although I haven’t tested this inclusion quite enough, I’ve calculated you can DONK another Mew EX by using Fast Raid, and a Muscle band.

1 Wobbuffet.
Its great, You can start with it for a real stall against shay decks, and sweeps a game if you’ve done at least 1 unwavering blade. Bad retreat cost. I would include 1 more if possible

4 Zubat
Even though you won’t use all of them, the sheer purpose for 4 is to start with it. Free retreat into any attacker, and take donks when you need to.

1 Bianca.
Good overall draw power, lacks turbo draw power. I mean starting with it isn’t all that bad; its safe. I could substitute for colress, but risk early game. Take a side

1 Shauna.
This card. I read this in another article, but most of the time you will be netting 4 cards off an N. When you want to be conservative, or maybe don’t want to give your opponent a new hand, use this card.

3 Dimensional valley
You don’t need it all game, nor early game. Heck, with the expected abundancy of Night march, you may not even need it the whole game! Its so you can quickly power up and attack with M-Gallade or Wobbufett

8 Psychic Energy
I would include 2 Mystery energy, but wouldn’t it suck if you tried donking but only had a mystery energy? 1 Mystery energy might be a good inclusion here

1 Lysandre
2 Might be better. At the moment I don’t have room.

Mew ex can use any attack on the field, including yours, and bianca is shaymin in supporter form

How have your matches gone against certain decks that will definitely be present at Nationals?

For Example:

1. Groudon
  2. Raichu / Bats
  3. Flareon
  4. Night March
  5. Manectric
  6. Toad (if still around)
  7. Trevenant XY
  8. Vir / Gen

I’m curious of your experience. I’m trying to get used to the “bats” version of M Gallade versus the “forretress” version.

1. Need to face more
  2. Its great, but can go in or out of your favor. Taking a donk is nice, but the hardest part is killing the pikachus before they evolve.
  3. Need to face more
  4. Need to face more
  5. The damage works perfectly in my favor, but it can come down to close matches when not careful. Struggles against inclusions of rough seas,
    6 Need to face more
  6. I think I faced one but I donked it :stuck_out_tongue:
  7. Need to face more.

Overall, I’ll update this as I get some more matches under my belt. For some darn reason the only decks I’m facing are either Raichu/skyfield or Rayquaza/Skyfield. Y

try gliscor with wally he can attack turn one and dot up damage and set up for big donks