Landorus-EX Variants // BCR-on

Hi all I’ve played ptc for a long time and I’d like to know what people think of the Lucario EX deck that I made (there are a few questionable cards in there but can be explained) but any help would be great :slight_smile:

X2 Landorus EX
X2 Landorus FF
X4 Lucario EX
X1 MEGA LUCARIO EX
X2 Trubbish
X2 Garbodor

Supporters

X2 N
X4 Korrina
X2 Colress
X1 Lysander
X4 Professor Sycamore

Trainers

X4 Muscle Band
X1 Random Receiver
X1 Pal Pad
X2 Ultra Ball
X2 Focus Sash
X2 Enhanced Hammer
X3 Float Stone
X1 Professors Letter
X1 Surprise Megaphone
X2 Max Potion
X1 Scramble Switch
X2 Fighting Stadium

Energy

X4 Strong Energy
X8 Fighting Energy

1 Like

For cards unreleased you must include a translations
also for next format landy EX might not be playable

Mega Lucario EX 220HP

X3 fighting energy

Discard an Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokémon.

Lucario EX 180HP

X1 Fighting Energy 30

This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.

X2 Fighting Energy 60

You may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

X3 Fighting Energy 100

Landorus FF 120HP

X1 Fighting Energy 20

Attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

X3 Fighting energy 90

Korrina (Supporter) Trainer

Search your deck for 1 fighting Pokémon and 1 Item card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Focus sash (Trainer) Item

If the fighting Pokémon this card is attached to would be Knocked Out by your opponent’s attack, that Pokémon is not Knocked Out and its remaining HP becomes 10 instead. Then, discard this card.

Fighting stadium. (Trainer) Stadium

The attacks of each player’s Active Pokémon do 20 more damage to Active Pokémon-EX (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

You can only attach this card to a fighting Pokémon. This card provides 1 fighting Energy. While attached to a fighting Pokémon, the attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokémon. Discard this card if the Pokémon this card is attached to is no longer a (fighting type).

But going back to your Landorus comment there isn’t anything that works well in this deck that isn’t going to be potentially rotated that’ll be quick enough (unless phantom gate gives us a useful regirock or something)

Just run more basic Landorus. It gets you to the 100 or mega attack faster and is a non-EX. It also has a decent damaging attack.

Yvetol EX/genesect/virizion is the main reason why I’m only running 2 non EX’s yvetol has resistance and virgen will murder them too quickly and this deck needs to spread damage for important KO’s

Here’s my list:

3 Landorus EX
3 Lucario EX
3-3 Garbodor

4 Junpier
4 N
3 Shauna
3 Skyla

4 Muscle Band
3 Ultra Ball
1 Evosoda
1 Switch
3 Energy Switch
2 Prof. Letter
3-3 Laser/Bank
3 Hard Charm

4 Strong Energy
6 Fighting

Dowsing Machine

I actually forgot about Shauna its a brilliant idea to run her but I’m a bit confused about running hard charm over float stone, Skyla over Korinna and the ammount of switches :confused:

Yeah you are right, I made this list before the pre-release.
-3 Skyla
+3 Korinna
-3 Hard Charm
+3 Float Stone
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 N
+2 Fighting Energy

My first thought was that I wouldn’t be switching very often, but that was false.
Float stone over switch because of Garbodor.

Missing that one energy attachment per turn is so annoying. :confused:

The rotation hit my deck a bit hard lol esp the hammers ha!

I put 2 switch in because of hammers rotating and virbank/lasers and Mewtwo as they all hit hard but I’m playing more lucario because of the draw support and it works beautifully atm

Hey everyone! Leave some constructive criticism/feedback on what you think of this deck!

4 Landorus EX -main attacker
2 Lucario EX -secoundary attacker/draw support
3 Landorus (FFists) -energy acceleration
1 Terrkaion (LT) -revenge kill without risking an EX
1 Druddigon (FFire) -obvious
3 Trubbish (LT) -Evo Line
2 Garbodor (LT) - Shut down Pyroar/Genesect/Virizion etc.
16 Pokemon

4 Sycamore-draw
4 N-draw/disruption
3 Korrina-search for items and pokemon
3 Skyla-search trainer
2 Colress-draw
15 supporters
4 ultra ball-search pokemon
4 muscle band-damage/garbodor
3 fighting stadium-damage
1 Float Stone-retreat/garbodor
1 Pokemon Catcher-Catcher
1 Professor’s letter-E search
1-Focus Sash-Backup
1-Dowsing Machine ACESPEC
31 Trainers

4 Strong Energy
9 Fighting Energy
13 Energy

Think you really need both Skyla and Korrina? Do you think you really need to search for a Stadium or a Supporter that often? Or is it a matter of needing six Item-searching Supporters?

Honest question; for all I know it is that important. If not, then you can free up three slots (two if you think you should just run a fourth Korrina).

In some decks,I think running both is a good idea. An example would be that Tyrantrum deck because Skyla gives access to Fossil Researcher and Fighting Stadium, while Korrina doesn’t (though it’s still extremely useful).

In this deck? Maybe, as it plays Fighting Stadium. Though I’m not sure 3/3 is necessary.

I don’t think Druddigon is all that good in BCR-on as Quaza is rotated and Blastoise/BKEX may not feature much (loss of Beach/Level Ball). I’m not keen on the one-off Catcher (1 Lysandre seems better), and I don’t believe Terrakion earns a place any more as Darkrai is in decline (mainly just used for the Ability now, if at all), and Thundurus is already threatened by the rise in Fighting.

My main problem with this list is that it lacks focus/strategy and seems to be more of a collection of good Fighting Pokemon than an actual well-built deck (yeah, I know that’s what decks can look like these days). For example, if Landy EX is the preferred starter, then why the need for 3 non-EX Landy? It can be a good Pokemon to push up mid game for minor damage/acceleration, but isn’t really needed as a starter in a deck which wants Hammerhead or Corkscrew Smash on the first attacking turn.

2 Likes

@baby_mario makes some excellent points. Now obviously if you’ve actually been playing this deck and something is working that we “don’t get”, let us know: some things that don’t look like they work on paper do in real life (at which point one needs to figure out the “why” of it).

Even if Card A is here to support Card B, one needs to ask one’s self how necessary Card B is in the first place. Druddigon FLF and Landorus FUF are great examples; about the only thing that truly needs Landorus are Druddigon and Terrakion, as baby_mario established, their usefulness is in doubt. If you’ve got Garbodor properly implemented, it should be reliable enough that you won’t need to worry about Safeguard or Intimidating Mane. I am not saying Garbodor is infallible, but if its worked into the deck properly, that’s your counter and anything else ends up being a redundancy that costs you more matches than it wins. I definitely get not wanting to risk a Pokémon-EX, but something you can easily lead with as well as toss up in a pinch would likely be better, instead of Pokémon with conditional attacks. If I think of something good at that, I’ll suggest it. ^^’

I like the idea the only thing i have run in to with a deck like this is how to switch/retreat unless you will never do that
also you don’t need 4 ultra ball i use 3 ultra ball and 2 korrina
I also have lasers in mine

Thanks for all the criticism guys! I actually really appreciate as I am trying to start making decks instead of copying others’ decklists. The skylas are an issue looking back at it. 3 definitely isn’t necessary and maybe there should only be one or two. I understand why druddigon and terrakion aren’t that great and i’d probably sub them out for a more stable garbodor line. Maybe sub out a skyla for another catcher, I haven’t played this deck nor really plan to while Landorus remains such an expensive card but from what I can tell you the basic idea s use garbdor to shut down abilities and hammer away with heavy hits. I see now how my deck doesn’t exactly achieve this and is a big mess. If somebody would be so kind to put up a suggested list, I’d give you a cookie. Thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks for being open to constructive criticism. You would be surprised how many people get super defensive the moment you suggest their deck is less than perfect.

Do you want a Lucario or a Landorus focus?

With Lucario, I’d play something like

3 Lucario
1 M Lucario
2-3 Mewtwo
2-2 Garbodor
1 Landorus FF

For Landy, I might go with

3-4 Landy EX
2-3 Seismitoad or Mewtwo
3-3 Garbodor (because you don’t have the Mega option to deal with Pyroar)
1 Landy FF

I’d rather play Lasers/Virbank in either deck because they add damage against everything, not just EXs like Fighting Stadium does. Plus the Sleep flips can turn a game if they go your way.

I plan on running a Pokemon line-up like this

3 Landorus ex
2-2 Garbodor
2-2/3-3 Beartic
2-3 Mewtwo EX
1 Landorus FF

witch beartic are you going to use?

The one from Furious Fist, to counter Landorus and Pyroar.