Japanese Pokemon Center Sleeves Question

I found a nice pair of sleeves on eBay. They come from the Pokemon Center in Japan (like most cool Pokemon products).

Here’s a picture:

They cost $18.80 including shipping. The two packages together have 64 sleeves.

Since I’m Phoenix15, I gotta have some nice Phoenix Pokemon sleeves. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m wondering about quality.
I know they aren’t matte, but are they good quality?
I haven’t bought sleeves from the Japanese Pokemon center before, and I don’t know what to expect.
Are they rough and easily broken like the sleeves given out in the US? (Like the Hoopa sleeves I got from states)

If they are, I don’t want to spend $20 on something not good.
I have matte sleeves that would be better than those.

So basically, are Japanese sleeves good quality?

Thanks a lot!

Those sleeves look pretty sweet! Japanese sleeves are usually fine as long as you don’t slam shuffle. If you riffle or pile shuffle, they last pretty long. I mean, I have some Substitute Sleeves that I bought as Anaheim Regionals. They don’t do very well with slam shuffling, but pile shuffling and bridge shuffling (the first part of it at least) work just fine.

I saw those online. They were adorable. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!

What’s slam shuffling? Do you mean overhand shuffling?

When you sort of separate the deck into 2 parts, take one and press it sideways into the other half. It’s kind of hard to explain, but yeah, you take 1 half of the deck you’re shuffling and you press it sideways into the other half. You generally do that several times. Hope this makes it clearer. Or is there somebody who can explain it better than I did?

I understand what you are saying. I think you explained it pretty clearly

Also, how does one shuffle overhand?
I’m imagining someone splitting their deck in half and overhand slamming one into the other. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Like a baseball pitch

Yeah, not that theatrical, but it’s more like a press. That’s why it’s called slam shuffle for many. But it’s pretty effective and quick, which is why it’s used a lot. Splits a lot of sleeves though if you press to hard.

It’s varied a lot for me between sleeves. Recently they’ve been pretty good.

The “slam shuffle” is known by 90% of the card-playing world as a mash, and is actually capable of randomization. I caution against the overhand, because it achieves nearly nothing.

I recently bought these sleeves on ebay too [still waiting on them] (you can find them for like 3 dollars cheaper than the price you are buying them at Phoenix) - these sleeves are beautiful. Anyone else feel they should sell pokemon center sleeves/exclusive Japanese stuff at regionals? - I feel like it would help vendors/events attract more attention

Well, I looked for a while and didn’t find anything cheaper.

Well, I did. But it was on some other website and I didn’t know if there was shipping charged.
Whatever. I already bought them from the seller on eBay. :slight_smile:

I got me some lillie sleeves from Japan for 20 bucks. Best sleeves ever

Please stop bumping ancient threads without good reason. The purpose of this thread – to ask about the quality of the sleeves – was sufficiently fulfilled ten months ago.