"Hovertoxin" (Darkrai-EX DEX, Sableye DEX, Garbodor DRX) Variants // Legacy

Back in 2013, Dustin Zimmerman took 3rd place at worlds with a deck he referred to as “Hovertoxin”.

Back during the fall, Sableye made an appearance in Expanded through some godawful luck and leaks on my part (thanks @DylanDreyer)

Without further adieu, here is my list.

I would put this deck at tier 2 at the moment due to a few relevant bad matchups such as Weavile/Eggs and the “Slowking Lock” deck that plays Weavile UD, Slowking TM, and Sableye DEX, since Garbodor doesn’t turn off Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies.

Strategy: Use Sableye to recycle crushing hammer, and once they run out of resources, steamroll them with Darkrai.

Card counts/choices in this deck are sub-optimal, as I haven’t tested this deck enough to make it “good”.

Discuss!

Weavile UD I assume?

That is correct.
Edited.

Slowking with second sight right? Pretty sure that’s like, COL and UD/HGSS (cant remember.)

Care to explain?

1 Like

Remember those crappy sableye lists i was sending you at the beginning of the summer? Well that turned into sableye/bunnelby and started to win.

I recall playing Dylan on ptcgo a few times with it.

Its very likely that he thought of it by himself, but regardless he wrote about it and my secret deck for regionals…wasn’t so secret after all.

And then he lost to the mirror :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like