Ho-Oh-EX/Huntail PRC Variants // BLW-on 2016

Hey everyone! Here’s a deck that’s fun, fast , cheap, and a great play for regionals!

List:
Pokémon: 13
4 Clamperl PRC
4 Huntail PRC
4 Ho-oh EX
1 Jirachi EX

Energy: 15
6 Water Energy
2 Fairy Energy
1 Grass Energy
1 Fire Energy
1 Lightning Energy
1 Psychic Energy
1 Fighting Energy
1 Dark Energy
1 Metal Energy

Trainers: 32
3 Trainer’s Mail
2 Super Rod
3 Acro Bike
1 Dive Ball
1 Switch
4 Battle Compressor
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
1 Evosoda
1 Computer Search
3 Professor Juniper
2 N
1 Lysandre

Here’s a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPl0i63_Tsk

Comments are appreciated!

Why two fairy energy? You could do any other energy a two-of…

Fairy is my favourite type and I needed a 60th card.

A third Juniper, then. If youre looking for a 60th card, usually an enery should not be it.

I actually do have 3 in my list currently, my bad.

Then how about a shaymin? also, you need a stadium in here. Expanded is all about stadium wars.

why not a 4th traniners mail

Actually this isnt going to be such a hot play if people are going to play alot of archeops and garbador

1 Like

Interesting take.
I’ve actually got Tropical Beach instead of Trainers’ Mail, as I’ve found that straight up drawing 5 cards is better than picking a trainer from 4, and because I won’t be attacking t1, I can afford it.
I’ve also liked 1 Sacred Ash/1 Super Rod as there are some times when you do really need to bring back 2 Clamperls and 3 Huntails (I am very aggressive in my Junipering) and there are some times when you don’t want to bring back any Ho-Oh, or you want to bring back energy.
Have you found Acro Bike to be good? I’ve found it to be more like Tiernos in Theme Decks…it’s cool when you draw it, but nothing huge.
I’ve also gone up to 2 Switch, as one strategy to beat this deck is wait for all of their ReBirths, Lysandre up a Ho-Oh and just take the 80 damage every turn while setting something huge up, and if they retreat, they have difficulty bringing the energy back w/o Rebirthing.
I’ve also not found the extra search options to be much of a use (Dive Ball, Evosoda), when they only exist in non-searchable singleton form. Sure, Evosoda’s cool for getting out of Archeops lock, but not useful.
I also run 4 Juniper/3 N/1 Colress/1 Skyla as my draw options (Skyla is really just there to get Tropical Beach and Battle Compressor), and I’ve found myself dead drawing a little too much, even w/ Beach. Have you had that issue?
Finally, I much prefer Dowsing Machine…sometimes the 5th Battle Compressor is a little more important than a quicker Battle Compressor, although I’ve thought about Scramble Switch and Life Dew.
Thoughts?