Hangouts League for Deprived Players!

If you’re anything like me, you live in an area where Pokemon isn’t as popular, and tourneys/league challenges happen farther away than it is worth to go meet players and have fun for an evening. I’m aware that this has been done before, but I haven’t seen any updates on it, and would like to revive the attempt personally myself. That is to say, I would like to start a hangouts league for people to chat, discuss deck lists, battle, trade and more in an open environment. We could host small PTCGO tourneys, battle over calls, so on and so forth. It’d be a great opportunity to all the deprived stranded TCG players out in the middle of nowhere.

It is planned to be on Wednesdays from 7:00 to 9:00 MDT and Saturdays from 12:00 to 3:00 MDT.
Wednesdays are for deck discussion and help, Saturdays we run and stream online tournaments if there are enough
people.

What I’d like below is feedback on how to set this up, and if you’re at all interested.

Thanks, and have a phantasmagorical day!

Rules:
No strong language,
No spamming,
No profanity,
No rude comments to other players,
Be respectful,
Above all else, just have common sense and treat it like an actual league gathering.

3 Likes

So far, the method I’m planning on using is gathering everyone who wants to be in the hangout’s gmail account, and adding them all into a circle/call. However, I’m hoping there is a better way, so I turn to everyone else here, whom are hopefully more tech savvy than me. So down below, if you’re interested in joining, either suggest a more conventional method, or give me your gmail account so I can add it to the call. (I have issues with this method, as I am a complete stranger, and may have different intentions than just this league.)

Daft question but what timezone? Might be interested but I’m on GMT+1 so that could make the difference between me saying yes or no.

1 Like

I completely forgot time zones, so thanks for reminding me. Unfortunately it’s MDT, meaning it’ll be around 1:00 A.M. for you when we start. :frowning:

Could it be skype instead?
Otherwise sounds fun

1 Like

How does MDT convert to PST? Otherwise, I’m interested.

You need skype premium in order to have group video calls.

Is it now then?
im on an ipad

Is it TCG ONE? If so, I can join in.

We’re just about to start, so if you’d like we can add your gmail account in and get going! If not, have a good day.

If you’re interested, we’re just about to start. There is still time.

Just to let you know, my tcgo account is fbueller, i don’t think i could make the calls (or circles whatever) but i would still like to play

Hey, I would love to play. This sounds like a fun thing if you are still adding people into this. The closest league to me is 2 hours away, so I can’t attend very often. This sounds like a good way to practice more frequently and hangout with some cool people. Definitely interested, my gmail is bobbyholdeman@gmail.com for the hangout thingy. Or if you are doing this over skype my skype name is ian.holdeman. I definitely think skype is better structured, but whatever is fine. Thanks

Also my PTCGO name is Chillian

Awesome! We’re meeting soon, so feel free to stop by!

Also, we’re constantly adding people to this, there is no deadline.

Alright, I’ll be there when you start or a bit after. Just invite me or whatever, not really sure how the circles work.

How do you invite me?

You’re invited and there. Just go into gmail, look at your hangouts, and there should be one that you can join called Pokemon TCG League.

I don’t have a gmail, only a hotmail.com.

I’m afraid you’ll need gmail. You can make one using you hotmail account here:
https://accounts.google.com/signupwithoutgmail
We are trying our best to find a different method, but in the meantime, this is how it will work.

This should work: pokemontrainergabe@hotmail.com