Giratina-EX AOR Variants // XY-on 2016

Hello! This is a card that you should get ready for, cause it is coming, and fast, no pun intended.

4 Reshiram ROS
3 Giratina EX AOR
2 Hydreigon EX ROS
4 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Hoopa EX AOR
1 Bunnelby PRC

4 Professor Sycamore
1 Judge
2 Lysandre
1 Giovanni’s Scheme

4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer’s Mail
4 Skyfield
4 Ultra Ball
4 Switch
1 Muscle Band
2 Professor’s Letter
1 Escape Rope

8 Fire Energy
4 Double Dragon Energy

I think this will see deserved play coming into cities

This is Grant Manley’s list, all credit is due to him.

I think Grant played 2 Hoopa.

Yeah, u r right. I guess this isn’t hi list. I wanted to cut one anyway, I may add it back in and drop a shaymin ex.

No you need 4 Shaymin.

Here we go again, Seismitoad EX/Giratina EX.

3 Seismitoad EX
2 Giratina EX
3 Shaymin EX
1 Hoopa EX
2 Zorua BTH
2 Zoroark BTH
1 Spinirak
1 Ariados

4 Professor Sycamore
2 Judge
1 Cassius
1 Hex Maniac
2 Xerosic
2 Team Flare Grunt
1 Lysandre
1 Giovanni’s Scheme

4 VS Seeker
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Ultra Ball
3 Muscle Band
3 Float Stone
2 Head Ringer
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Parallel City
1 Sky Field

4 DCE
3 Double Dragon Energy

1-1 Ariados is for extra damage, also it is super good when u have a head ringered shaymin trapped in the active, then u poisonous nest, then you Quaking Punch, and slowly start to leave damage on shaymins and stuff, it is pretty good vs M Ray, if you can, poison nest, then stand in, then retreat, then hex maniac, and then punch, it really helps. Giovanni is for making toad do more damage with muscle band. Giovanni + MB + Ariados + Punch = 80 DMG, toad is not gone yet.

Turbo Tina will work much better than toad/tina I know this is a variant thread but just saying I think it’s better.

Fairy Tina IMO also deserves some thought.

Tyrantrum/Giratina is the best variant, but the second best would be speed tina. Toad Tina is bad now as laser is gone, and the format has changed, and fairy tina, while being interesting, lacks the speed and power of the other decks.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying “bad”. Yes, the deck does lose its main damage source with the rotation, but the locks are inherently strong, and still very usable in this format. I could definitely see it winning some standard cities with ease.

Maybe not bad, but I wouldn’t say good, and I wouldn’t play it unless there was very strong proof which there isn’t right now.

Toad-Tina probably loses the most of all Giratina variants simply because the amount of Jirachi that will be splashed in decks at Cities. Maybe over time some Jirachi will be taken out, but the combination of Jirachi and Vespiquen variants that don’t rely on DCE I have to agree makes toad-tina not look like a good play

I don’t really like ReshiTina…Jirachi XYP just comes in and wrecks shop…you don’t even have the benefit that Tyrantrum/Tina does of switching to a Pokemon that can either fuel itself off of regular energy alone or discards its special energy along w/ having a nice shred effect as a body.

It makes up for that with healing and versatility.

@tototavros those are the reasons that make Tyrantrum/Tina number one :smile:
@smashandslash max potion is gone so the best healing option which is AZ and takes your supporter for the turn, and decks like Night March, Vesipiqueen, Rayquaza, and Tyrantrum don’t care about as they can one shot you. Versatility… sure I guess it has versatility within the different energy types, but that really isn’t the best option when you want to use special energy and a big old Giratina attacks you.

FairyTina destroys Rayquaza because they can’t one shot you. Tina’s ability means they can’t hit you and Choas Wheel means they can’t play down skyfield to OHKO you. Tyrantum can be won if you can attack with Xerneas before they get lots from Bronzong out. Vesp is easy because they they can’t get a consistent flow of DCE/Basic Energy if your OHKOing them every turn and blocking DCE. Same goes for Night March. The deck is pretty much 50/50 all round as the deck has an answer to pretty much anything. I think I’m qualified to talk about FairyTina as I did win a regionals with it.

OK man I wasn’t saying that you aren’t qualified to talk about it. Just because you won a regionals with it doesn’t mean it is the best deck. I respect you points, but I don’t have to agree with them.

What does a Giratina-focused deck do against the new Jirachi?

You walk away and cry.

Or just shred it with Hyrdeigon-ex in Turbo-tina and keep giratina-ing. Turbo-tina is still viable with jirachi out