"Flower Power" (Vileplume UD) Variants // Legacy

Vileplume was played in a number of top decks at one point or another, including VileGar (2010), and most notably, “The Truth” piloted by Ross Cawthon to a 2nd place worlds finish in 2011. Ross’ deck ran a plethora of attackers, such as Donphan prime and Entei/Suicune Legend.

Vileplume is a very versitile deck, so here is a skeleton list:

This is focused purely on consistency.
You have 22 open spots you can use for attackers and energy.

Feel free to mess with any counts you see, as this list was just off the top of my head. This skeleton is more if you want to run a basics toolbox version.

Here’s a completed list off LegacyFonte, that utilizes Blastoise and Keldeo to take consistent 2hko’s:

Discuss!

Here’s Esa Juntunen’s Vileplume/Chandelure/Darkrai/Mew/Accelgor list he used at worlds 2012:
2x Relicanth
4x Mew Prime
3x Litwick (the wrong one since I didn’t have CFF Litwick with me, haha)
2x Lampent (Luring Light)
2x Chandelure
2x Darkrai EX
2x Accelgor
3x Oddish
2x Vileplume
2x Shaymin UL

=24
4x Pokémon Collector
3x PONT
2x N
4x Pokémon Communication
4x Sage’s Training
3x Twins
4x Rare Candy
1x Pokémon Catcher
=25
4x Double Colorless Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
3x Darkness Energy
=11

This list Uses Mew prime and Accelgor to lock your opponents even harder.

Here is Ross’ 2nd place list, aka “the truth”

Pokémon – 26
3 Oddish UD
2 Gloom UD
2 Vileplume UD
3 Solosis BLW
2 Duosion BLW
2 Reuniclus BLW
2 Phanpy HS
2 Donphan Prime HS
2 Zekrom BLW
1-1 Suicune & Entei Legend UL
1 Chansey HS
1 Blissey Prime HS
1 Cleffa HS
1 Pichu HS

Trainers – 23
4 Pokémon Collector
4 Twins
4 Cheren
4 Pokémon Communication
4 Rare Candy
3 Copycat

Energy – 11
4 Rainbow
4 Double Colorless
3 Fighting

Pretty sure ross didn’t run this because it wasn’t legal yet but if you added it I get that.

Also, here’s a list I’d like to work/improve on.
4 Kyurem NVI
3-2-2 Plume UD
2 Cleffa HS
1 Tyrogue HS
1 Suicune PLB
1 Pichu HS
1 Shaymin UL
Total: 17

3 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
3 Twins
3 N
3 Sages
3 Flower Shop Lady
4 Candy
3 Communication
1 Comp Search
3 Beach
Total: 25

4 DCE
1 Rescue
8 Water Energy
Total: 13

Total Spots left: 3

Strategy is kinda like Trevenant break. Stall with Vileplume, spread with kyurem, stall with babys/suicune, get large KOs If they try to do some damage to kyurem. Not sure what else to put in though.

Aheh Cheren are supposed to be sages. Forgot to make the switch.

I feel like @Xabalanque was pretty smart to remember that silver mirror was a card. Add 1-2 because it turns Weavile/Eggs and Plasma into autowins if you can stick one.

Cheren> Sages IMO. Discarding stuff is no fun at all.

Tyrogue is very weak in here because you will almost never be able to get it into the active when you need it.

Looks really good though, other then that.

Here’s a “cute” little deck that could work (but probably not😝)
Babies/Vileplume!!!
3 Smoochum
3 Cleffa
4 Mime Jr.
1 Mr. Mime
3-2-2 Plume

4 Pokemon Collector (its pretty good to play two in a row, get Cleffa, Oddosh, Mime/Mime Jr off the first one then get the other mime, another Mime Jr, and maybe a smoochum)
4 Judge (trollll)
4 PONT
2 Flower Shop Lady
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy
1 Comp Search
3 Twins
3 Pokemon Catcher (Not sure if errata for catcher applies in legacy though)
4 Switch
1 Beach
2 Lost World
4 N

2 Rescue Energy

Basically, the strategy is to establish a lock with Vileplume and your babies by using catcher to put unwanted Pokemon in the active and then using smoochum to whisk their energies away. Then you just keep using mime Jr to mill while using Mr mime and Judge/N (I think n) to disrupt their hand if ever it may seem that they can do things. Lost World are for extra insurance. The babies you want to put to sleep so that they wont die and you can keep a lick of no KOs and no Trainer (item?) cards being used. The rescue energy are insurance for the Pokemon that you flip heads on sleep check for. A few of the counts in not sure of. Here are those counts and why.

4 Judge and 4 N: I’m not sure if in legacy, BLW era supporters are classified as Suppirters or “trainers” and if the same applies to stadiums.
3 Catcher: Would try and find room for a fourth depending on if the errata applies in legacy or not.
3 Twins: I honestly haven’t tested this deck at all. It’s just something I came up with. Twins would be used in case a Pokemon I KOed before plume comes in or if you need another Pokemon and a disruption supporter for next turn.

Have fun!

It does. So does the 1st turn rule, etc.

Then I may wanna bump that count up to four and take out an N or a Judge.

Catcher in a plume deck seems ehh.

Judge counts as a supporter, not a trainer.
Stadiums count as stadiums, not trainers. (this might be a bit confusing)

What about N?

Also, catcher is for early game lock.

Supporters still count as supporters?

Clearly, but are you able to find them/flip a relevant amount of heads before you get plume up?

Well, with second turn plume being the first turn possible for plume and with cleffa, supporters, and 3-4 catcher, I’d say hitting heads on one in two turns is pretty goo.

Catcher is still a coin flip