Evolutions [JPN] XY12

2 Likes

I bet some of the BREAKS are for the original starters.

1 Like

Except that they announced M Charizard-EX, M Blastoise-EX, and M Venusaur-EX? Not saying it’s doubtful, dubious: certainly.

Again?

I hate this set already.

4 Likes

I can’t help but wish they’d give all the gens this much fanfare when they turn 20, but you and I all know they’ll ignore every other generation’s 20th anniversary.

2 Likes

Still waiting for the Sinnoh remakes. My favorite gen. I had to deal with HGSS, ORAS, XY, and now a rip-off of Hawaii.

And grovyle, its pokemon in general’s anniversary. Not just Gen one.

2 Likes

And they’ve done what for gens 2-6? The only thing I can think of was reprinting Wobbuffett in Generations and the mythical collections.

1 Like

Hopefully, we have the starters spirit links. Maybe this time, we might get usuable Starter M-Evos. Honestly think that maybe M-venu could have some use if it had spirit links…

As for the other cards, i hope they can update it for the current generation.It would be cool to maybe see Base Hitmonchan use a 1 for 40 or 50 damage. Or even old Mr.Mime’s ability to act as a wall

Except it was one for 20. Still cool for nostalgia though.

I mean Hawaii is hype. Personally I want dp remakes just because muh 2010 format

2 Likes

Pretty sure he meant that it would have to be 1 energy for 40-50 in order to keep up with power creep. Hitmonchan doing 1 for 20 would be ridiculously unplayable.

2 Likes

Even with power creep, it would be halfway decent because of the fighting boosters.

2 Likes

Although Fighting Stadium, Focus Sash, and Muscle Band are leaving.

1 Like

Muscle band has the arguably better replacement of Fighting Fury Belt.

If Hitmonchan does 40 damage:

-Strong Energy attached = 60 damage
-Plus a Fighting Fury Belt = 70 damage

And it does 80 if the base is 50.
Not exactly good, is it?

2 Likes

But you have Regirock-EX, so…

Still, not great.

2 Likes

Arguably better than FFB

Unless this hypothetical hitmonchan had some way of hitting at least 130 for one energy (maybe two, maybe) then I’d rather just play carbink break with better attackers

1 Like

Also dumping this here:

Wow, Salamance EX is looking good with the prevalence of Shaymin EX and Hoopa EX (Mega Ray / DarkTina).

Fire type attack cost meshes well will Reshiram ROS.

1 Like