European Internationals

For one thing, attendance by country/rating zone:

3 Likes

If anyone could post pairings from the top tables, that would be very much appreciated. If only my school’s firewall didn’t block twitch…

1 Like

3 Likes

Woohoo, I think I have Jay on my fantasy draft. I can’t remember now.

Is it just me: Is there no news from London, or is all of the news on Facebook (I have no account)? There is just links to the streams at pokemon.com, and I don’t have a clue who is in Top 8 … I’ve missed everything this weekend. Hell, I didn’t even know Day 1 was on Friday until someone told me at League yesterday.

1 Like

I assume most news is on Facebook. (I wouldn’t know either!)

Top 8 is tomorrow and the bracket can be seen here:

https://www.twitch.tv/pokemontcg_eu/v/106481460?t=9h34m33s

Condolences to @kazambolt for his opponents’ opponents not pulling through.

1 Like

Consider the absurdity of what I’m telling you:

I have a Facebook account so that I can belong to a closed group (Virbank City Gym) that is so dysfunctional that the most recent scandal was that a prominent player used a friend’s phone to hack the group, ban all the admins, and take over the group (only to renounce the hostile takeover a few days later). I belong to this group for the express purpose of getting tournament update information. The only way tournament info may be known in real time is by being a member of this closed Facebook group.

Moreover, I follow certain persons on Twitter as backup - if I’m busy, and can’t stay on top of Virbank, then I can get tweet updates with tournament info.

So: I knew the Top 8 standings of an event with a $10,000 payout for first place in real time because I was driving to work and checked my phone at a light and saw that Pramawat posted top 8 standings via Twitter.

It’s absolute insanity that I still play this game and get excited about it.

This link will show you how Magic handles Grand Prix updates through its website. If you scroll down just a bit, you will see that that standings are updated by round through the website. The contrast is just overwhelming.

5 Likes

Pokemon actually usually does this at big events, but have moved away from doing so out of a desire to keep players in the dark re: tiebreakers.

That’s telling on its own, I think.

4 Likes

In the last round before a cut (to day 2 or to top 8), mtg publishes the standings to include opponent win percentage.

It’s strange to me how vgc and Tcg follow a similar time format now yet in vgc IDing is illegal.

That anyone still expects consistency from TPCI is strange to me.

so… can some1 post the top 8 or top 32 deck types or something? All I know is the finals was yveltal/garb mirror and a sky field volcanion was in top 8.

5 Yveltals/Garb in Top 8 (1st-5th), 1 Greninja in 6th Place, 2 Volcanion in 7th and 8th Places. One of the Volcanion Decks had Salamence in it.

Ty bro. any ideas about top 32?

This is because actual ties are considered a once-in-a-season event in VGC.

1 Like

I wanna get my hands on that Houndoom mill deck.

:wink:

1 Like

It was shown on stream sometime. Look at past broadcasts they showed the full list.

2 Likes

Its on The Charizard Lounge now.

The Top 32 placement notwithstanding, I don’t know how viable it is - Oblivion Wing Yveltal completely shuts it down (as shown on stream). Not sure I want to take that chance in League Cup season.

Do you know what time during the stream it was showed?

And which stream?

I seriously can’t find the stream.